The Hard Part (121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    IT's not about the episode being slow. I don't midn slow episodes. Hell, 6 Months Ago is relatively slow and it's one of my favourites, as is Company Man. It jsut felt... I dunno, like they're watching the clock ad saying "not yet, not yet...."
    It's understandable. They say that the end is basically a 3 parter and that was part 1. So in the end that entire episode was like watching 1/3 of an episode. Most of their slower episodes are self contained and have a beginning and end. All it was doing was putting the pieces in place for the last two episodes.

Speaking of episodes like Company Man, I heard they're gonna do more episodes like that next year, since they can't go nuts with cliffhangers forever.

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
      It's understandable. They say that the end is basically a 3 parter and that was part 1. So in the end that entire episode was like watching 1/3 of an episode. Most of their slower episodes are self contained and have a beginning and end. All it was doing was putting the pieces in place for the last two episodes.

Speaking of episodes like Company Man, I heard they're gonna do more episodes like that next year, since they can't go nuts with cliffhangers forever.
      So there is a reaosn to keep on watching. Fantastic. Thankee
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
        This show keeps getting better and better. One of the best shows on TV.
        No argument from me on either point.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
          Originally I thought the same thing while those middle episodes were on. That some of them were a bit slow, but this weekend I watched the whole season over again (gotta love DVRs), and found that when watching them back-2-back, they make sense and are even exciting! I would recommend doing this when the DVD comes out in August. You might have a change of heart...
          I think shows like Heroes are meant to be seen in this manner... Can't wait for the DVDs!

I'm not a big Sylar fan myself... but I did like what they did with him in this episode.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Hee! I just got a phone call from Nathan Petrelli. Granted, it was a recording (and I almost hung up) but dang, that was cool! Building a brighter future for our children. Yeah, REALLY bright. And hot. And radioactive.

Funniest thing is I said months back that this exact thing would be a very cool gimmick for their interactive shtick. Glad to see someone onboard had the same idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
              I just watched again, and yes, his eye moved first... but thats because the scene shows that first before cut over to the other view... It must be said that Sylar's reaction must be absolutely lightning quick...
              I was watching that whole scene again & just had a possibley disturbing thought.

The part when Ando bursts in on Hiro & Sylar then Hiro teleported them out?

From *Sylar's* point of view it may have looked like *Ando* did the teleporting, not Hiro. Which would be real bad for Ando.

"It matters little how we die,
              so long as we die better men
              than we imagined we could be -
              and no worse than we feared."

Comment

Originally posted by ranlynn View Post
                I was watching that whole scene again & just had a possibley disturbing thought.

The part when Ando bursts in on Hiro & Sylar then Hiro teleported them out?

From *Sylar's* point of view it may have looked like *Ando* did the teleporting, not Hiro. Which would be real bad for Ando.
                Nice catch! Thats probably why he got killed in the first place? Not to mention how original Hiro was able to harden his heart to stab Sylar...

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  I don't think Sylar undid the timestop, I think Hiro lost control of his power because he was all emotional and angsty about killing somebody. I imagine it takes some matter of concentration to hold time still, and if your freaking out that may be sorta difficult.
                  I agree- and I really like that explanation, it could also show why Future!Hiro is so much more emotionally disciplined. I really like the idea that their powers aren't just there, but are reflective of emotional state (Ted being the primary example).

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                  When Mrs. Nathan rolled home in her wheelchair was I the only one who thought that maybe
                  Spoiler:
                  Linderman may heal her to get Nathan more firmly on his side?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    The Petrelli family is seriously mental. I keep hoping that Nathan will come to his senses, but his mother's influence may be too strong to overcome. I think she may scare me more than Linderman..
                    Personally i think it is cause of Mom's precog that the company got founded in the first place.. To kull unneeded mutates from the population..

And i agree she is seriously scary. Pity she HAS to be around (for the heroes reborn timeline, to help the newborns of Clair-bear), otherwise i would LOVE somoene to behead HER!/

Originally posted by Kirath View Post
                    It's possible Hiro's fears/reservations about killing Sylar my have caused him to lose his concentration ending the time freeze.
                    That's my thoughts too..

Comment

Working...
                    X