The Brig (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katielovesdaniel View Post
    Im also really not liking Jack.. I LOVED him at the beginning, but man in the last few episodes, hes just so vulnerable. Trusting Juliet.. looser.

I loved when Kate was like didnt you hear me your friends dont trust you. I mean stupid Jack and stupid Kate for telling him what was going on. I think it will come down to some sort of showdown and Jack is going to LOOSE big time, in terms of his fellow castaways.
    It sucks cause Im really not liking Jack Juliet and Ben jsut cause they are so evil and manipulated, and I'm lovin the whole Sawyer and Sayid working together and Desmond too was happy that Sayid was there. Even though I didnt like that whole thing where he didnt think that she really fell from the sky.
    I agree with you and I loved that too when Kate said it to Jack. Even though she told him what she promised Sayid she wouldn't, she still let him know that she doesn't approve of what he's doing, trusting Juliet and all, alienating his friends.

I hope you're right about Jack losing big time in terms of his fellow castaways but I'm not too sure it will happen. Jack is too much of a hero to TPTB, I doubt they'd do that. I'm afraid he'll be the good guy in the end, as expected. Sure, now they're making us believe he's up to no good teaming up with Juliet but he's probably planning how to rescue them all from the others as people have already stated here. Boring.

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    so, this was one of the best episodes of the series. hands down. unbelievable.
    Sawyer with Sawyer was amazing.
    I agree, James with Sawyer was amazing! Josh Holloway did great!
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I'm thinking Locke may not live out the season. I think that Other was right--Locke was special. Operative word being was. And Ben didn't like it, so he manipulated Locke into doing something that would negate that. Locke took his trust off the island and put it onto Ben. In doing so, he caused the death of another and put that blood on Sawyer's hands. Not the actions of someone special, but of someone who is trying for a shortcut or trusting the wrong thing. He's changed...as Ecko did. That didn't end well.

It's sad....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
        I hate Jack more and more. Wonder when Kate is gonna see him for who he really is, a jerk who doesn't care about her anymore.
        Really? I totally love Jack.

Now Kate ... never liked her from day one and am finally glad she hooked up with Sawyer.

I thought this was a great episode! I do not think they are in hell either.

But I am curious about what Naomi said about them finding the plane and there were no survivors.

Does anyone remember if there was a Dharma logo on flight 815? I had thought there was?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
          Really? I totally love Jack.
          I never liked him, still i wouldn't want him killed off and I don't expect him to be either. It's usually like this, either you like Sawyer or Jack. I love Sawyer. I discuss Lost with a Jack fan so it's not a problem with me to accept other views as well.

Now Kate ... never liked her from day one and am finally glad she hooked up with Sawyer.
          I'm glad about that too, seeing as I'm a Skater. Sawyer and Kate are my faves but I don't like what they're doing with Kate lately, they're ruining Skate sort of. Giving us something and nothing at the same time. I want some decent conversation between the two of them, not just sex.

I'm not into those details, easter eggs and such so I wouldn't know about the dharma logo.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

i dont think this is hell or purgatory...i think there is something going on with inter-dimensional travel. this is a sci fi show...so it's not a stretch. if this were hell, what's the deal with the button every 108 minutes? how can you explain desmond and his gf trying to find him? how can you explain good people like hurley and charlie, or even locke existing in hell? what about the pilot from the first episode? and what about all the people that died on the island?
            although..if it's purgatory, that would explain the black monster...but not the polar bear.
            there is serious sleight of hand going on here...it's not hell..they're not dead.

Comment

I'm still interested in the Greek statue, you know, the one with the four toes?

That'd blow this whole island mystery out of the water.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                I'm thinking Locke may not live out the season.
                I disagree - his fate is too "entwined" with the island. him being another casualty just doesn't...well...doesn't feel right. on the contrary actually, if there is to be a single survivor (losties & others inc.) I'd say it'll be him
                plus remember, he saw light where Ecko saw darkness (in that weird mystico-trip-hop dream of his or whatever)

nice move by Locke btw - how to exact revenge without becoming a killer. clever
                requires an extraordinary concurrence or circumstances though :|

and the way Locke patiently waits outside - he knows the outcome
                brilliant. ****ing brilliant. best ep of the season. definitely

anyway...did anyone else here think Sawyer's behavior (I'm talking about Locke's dad) throughout the ep was, like, completely irrational ?

first he tells James that he tried to kill his own son...then he tells him he conned his own son (duh...like he really wants to give off that s.o.b image to a complete stranger, and turn that stranger against him even though they're in the same "boat"), then he confesses about conning Jame's ma - rather shamelessly at that - and finally he tears the letter to shreds. what the hell ? was he suicidal or something ?

edit> or the old man's gone bonkers & really thinks he's a ghost, in which case from his point of view there's nothing to lose in coming out clean with the truth...
                crazy explanation but that's the only one that makes sense I guess
                Last edited by SoulReaver; 05 May 2007, 11:23 PM.

Comment

hmm what if the island revives the old man ? that would really screw things up for Locke & James hehe...

Comment

I agree, I think Locke's dad genuinly thinks he's dead, so whats the point in hiding anything he's done.

although..if it's purgatory, that would explain the black monster...but not the polar bear.
                    Why is this still a mystery? Dharma brought the polar bears to the island to study how they'd adapt.
                    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Curious and curiouser.

The bluntness with which we are been faced with the "they're all dead" theory (which is a major 'nature of the Island' answer) when compared to the intricacy of the Others (whilst they are a big deal, aren't as important a mystery and a lot about them is still very unclear), plus the consistency of the writers over the years saying that they are NOT all dead makes me highly suspicious.

The Others not only have the motivation to keep people from looking for Flight 815, they also have the means : Mikhail's news reports said 324 people were on board (including the flight crew). Just over 70 survived the crash and i don't think we've seen over two hundred bodies at either crash site. Plus, the main section crash site (at the beach) was washed away in Season 1, which means there are spare pieces. With so many bodies and pieces of the plane, the Others could easily procure some more plane parts to mix up with the genuine stuff, throw in heaps of bodies and put it at a depth where it's hard to access.

The new Game started in 3.15 is heating up now :

- Richard is loyal enough that he's allowed to come and go from the Island, yet suddenly he's going behind Ben's back to help Locke ? After Ben sends for Locke, he happens to listen to Juliet's tape right as Locke reaches his tent, then tells Locke details about their attack plans before Locke has passed the commitment test ? It smells more and more like a set-up to get Locke to expose Juliet.

- If that is so, do they really intend to kidnap the pregnant women ? Is there another mission given to Juliet ? Jack believes her desire to get off the island is greater than her loyalty to the Others and it would appear that he has a plan with Juliet. It would appear as if Ben doesn't trust her and considers her expendable.

- Also, what are Ben's true intentions with Locke ? Interesting idea that even the children would expect Locke to kill Anthony, yet Ben is considered a 'good guy' and expected to keep all his promises. Was the test even real or was it all a big set-up ?

- Finally, there's Naomi. Sayid's instincts may prove right once again ; she is dealing quite heavy handedly with our Losties and she had some kind of understanding (apparently hostile) with Mikhail. She spoke to him in a language other than what been spoken by everyone, including Mikhail (telling him she was not alone).

The intrigue has been ramped up, and it's likely that we'll see progress on most if not all of these fronts in the upcoming episode. I personally can't wait !

-

Comment

Good episode, but I think they threw too much confusion in the mix with the whole hell/heaven thing. I think people who don't frequent these boards but love the show will start to think that and in the end it will confuse them.

Locke's dad was deffinetly messed up. But there is conflicting information here.

In one of Locke's flashbacks he was talking to an FBI agent and they said they had tracked Daddy to Mexico and lost him. He just disappeared. But Daddy says he was in Florida and got hit in a accident and woke up on the island. This makes me think that the FBI people talking to Locke were Others and were getting information on Locke.

Maybe they pre-selected all these people and manipulated their lives to get them all on the same plane so they could get them to the island.

Does anyone wonder what the heck Russo is going to do with a CRATE of dynamite? Sounds like she is going to do an all out assault on the Others. She knows her daughter is there and alive. Are we going to see a suicide bomber on the island? The dynamite is too unstable to throw, so no light and throw tactics. And its not like she can set the dynamite and string fuses all over the place, people would notice them and the burning fuse.

Then again, maybe she found the "magic box"

Comment

Unless Cooper was been held (or dead, if you prefer) for a lot longer than it appears, it was several years between the scene where the FBI tell Locke they've lost him in Mexico and Cooper's accident bringing him to the Island.

Personally, i suspect Cooper was brought to the Island by the Others sometime in Season 2. Ben did say he was coming to get Locke after he was exposed as an Other (way back when he was 'Henry Gale'), except he got caught by Rousseau then exposed by Sayid (i think he did both deliberately). If Ben was telling the truth, their plans for Locke were likely the same as they are now, so they brought Cooper in at that time, before the beacon was knocked out and the Others became stranded.

Excellent point, i completely forgot about Rousseau with everything else going on ! She's refreshing her stocks of dynamite, at considerable risk to herself. No doubt she's about to cause a very bad day for the Others

Comment

Per Damon and Carlton (our friendly, neighborhood LOST producers), the Losties are NOT DEAD, nor are they clones of their "originals" killed on the plane (as some fans have speculated).

Carry on.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

My favourite scene was Sawyer vs Sawyer.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X