Seven as the T-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven as the T-X

I was just watching a few VOY eps with Seven in and wondered if Jeri Ryan would of made a good T-X in Terminator 3.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

That would be cool, the actor that played T-X I didn't like much.Now seven on the other hand...shes cool.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
      That would be cool, the actor that played T-X I didn't like much.Now seven on the other hand...shes cool.
      Kristanna Loken (T-X) is ths star of the upcoming Sci-fi Series, "Painkiller Jane".

She also has had a major recurring role on "L Word" this last season as Shane's Love interest.

I liked her a lot in both T3 and L word. She is the only reason I'll be checking out Painkiller Jane.

Comment

Who cares about Painkiller Jane? I hope it bombs.

Comment

Jeri Ryan would have to beef up for the part. She's too skiny to convincingly play a killer robot from the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            Jeri Ryan would have to beef up for the part. She's too skiny to convincingly play a killer robot from the future.
            thats theh exact reason she could work who would suspect that such a skinny person could literrally rip your head off.
            -once more unto the breech dear men, once more

Comment

The terminator doesn't have to be huge like Arnold Schwarzenegger. However, the actor needs to be more than a toothpick so that the audience can buy that this is a killing machine. I've got nothing against Jery Ryan's acting abilities as she rocked in Voyager. She's just too skinny to play a killer robot in a Terminator movie.

Comment

But surely a Borg is just as good a killing machine as a terminator.
                "You don't know half of it".
                Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

So do I, actually. Some of the shows they air (like Jake 2.0 and what have you) are just horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                    But surely a Borg is just as good a killing machine as a terminator.
                    That's too broad a statement. First off, Borg are cyborgs, not machines. That means they are living creatures enhanced with technology. Different Borg have different functions. Some drones are designated for repair of other drones, some drones are designated for combat, and other drones are designated for working in the vacuum of space. It varies from drone to drone. Thus far, we have not seen any Borg in Star Trek that were dedicated killing machines. This is because the Borg prefer to assimilate. The Borg only kill when they cannot assimilated.

Comment

I don't think she's thin. Take a look for yourself (PG13 pic, I think):

http://freenet-homepage.de/JBo/jerryryanfhm5.jpg

No nudity; don't worry.

Comment

She's showing too much skin.

She has put on some muscle since her VOY days. Good for her, she doesn't look brittle anymore. Here is a promotional picture of her from when she first joined the Voyager cast.
                        Spoiler:

Doesn't she look awefully skinny? She doesn't look unhealthy, but she doesn't look like a killer robot either.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen View Post
                          So do I, actually. Some of the shows they air (like Jake 2.0 and what have you) are just horrible!
                          Wow, so much negativity, without even having seen an episode yet. Jeez.

I happen to be looking forward to checking the show out, and I personaly am reserving judgment until I've at least seen one episode. Besides, when I don't like a show, I don't wish it to "bomb", as my tastes are my personal tastes, and others may like something even if I don't.

While Kristanna might not have had many lines in T3, if you've seen any of her other work, she is actually quite a capable actress.

As far as Jerri Ryan being too skinny, keep in mind that she was squeezed into that tight catsuit, and was made to look that skinny. Afterall, she was added to the Voyager cast mainly to be eye-candy for the boys. It was just incidental that her character actually became an interesting and intragal part of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by upinout View Post
                            As far as Jerri Ryan being too skinny, keep in mind that she was squeezed into that tight catsuit, and was made to look that skinny. Afterall, she was added to the Voyager cast mainly to be eye-candy for the boys. It was just incidental that her character actually became an interesting and intragal part of the series.
                            The bold, underlined part is not true. The original idea was to shake up the show at the start of Season 4 by adding an ex-Borg to the main cast and the Borg as recurring villains. Unfortunately, they could not afford ten regulars, so one had to be written out. They wrote the season finale so Harry Kim is critically wounded and would die in the season premiere, but over the summer, they decided to write Kes out instead. This is why Harry magicaly recovers in the season premiere and why Kes's transformation came out of no where. However, I thought Kes's departure was handled well. Anyway, the Borg character was going to be a man who would spend the first half of Season 4 loosing his Borg identity and implants and then be disfigured for the rest of the series. UPN didn't like this and asked for the character to be a woman, so Jery Ryan was cast. Then UPN didn't want the transformation to take ten or so episodes, so they requested that it be done in one episode. UPN also wanted Jery in a catsuit.

We can thank UPN for Seven's appeal to teenage boys. It's all too easy to blame everything on B&B.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                              The bold, underlined part is not true. The original idea was to shake up the show at the start of Season 4 by adding an ex-Borg to the main cast and the Borg as recurring villains. Unfortunately, they could not afford ten regulars, so one had to be written out. They wrote the season finale so Harry Kim is critically wounded and would die in the season premiere, but over the summer, they decided to write Kes out instead. This is why Harry magicaly recovers in the season premiere and why Kes's transformation came out of no where. However, I thought Kes's departure was handled well. Anyway, the Borg character was going to be a man who would spend the first half of Season 4 loosing his Borg identity and implants and then be disfigured for the rest of the series. UPN didn't like this and asked for the character to be a woman, so Jery Ryan was cast. Then UPN didn't want the transformation to take ten or so episodes, so they requested that it be done in one episode. UPN also wanted Jery in a catsuit.

We can thank UPN for Seven's appeal to teenage boys. It's all too easy to blame everything on B&B.
                              We can presumabley thank UPN for the Enterprise decon scenes as well.

It's too bad about the catsuit; when she finally got to wear a regular green and black uniform in an episode, she looked really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X