No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roll my bluesWOW. Excellent Job!! It’s hard to believe that you haven’t done any custom work before. And thank you very much for the info on the paints.
    I have Daniel & Jack Boiled/Popped & Primed ready to be painted. I agree that your paint scheme works better than DST.
    On your boots? Try “dry brushing” a slightly darker color on the laces & soles. Or another option would be to take some ground up charcoal (a very small amount) and rub it in for a dirty look. It will get in the smaller places and bring out the surface features.

replicator79 – That Pigtail Vala is PERFECT! I was looking at that same Buffy fig, thinking it might work. Can’t tell at all where you did the sculpting. GREAT WORK!
    Originally posted by roll my blues
    do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Guys I am beside myself! That is amazing work, especially your Black Ops Vala Repicator 79. I have topped up your reputation as a result.

I am having to budget at present, so I am being very stringent and only plan to make two customs myself. Nevertheless, if and when I get them done I will post pics.
      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
        WOAH! We totally need one of those to be official. You should send pics to DST and tell them that THAT's what we want. XD

Can anyone help me? I was going to use my broken Mitchell's head to make a custom Black Ops Mitchell (head swapping with another Black Ops O'Neill that I might buy), but when I went to take his head off, it snapped, and now the black join is stuck inside it.
        Any hints on taking it out?
        First of all Hi everyone,My name is Tys and I'm from the UK,been lurking for a while looking at all your awsome customs,will post some pics soon of my conversions,

nekoi,
        I had the exact same problem with my Mitchell figure ,in fact mine arrived decapitated LOL anyhow I have found that the best way of getting the ball joints out of the head if it's broke is to use the good old fashioned boil the figures head method,
        If you put some boiling water in a mug and throw the head in and leave it about 3-4 mins the head should be soft enough to get the joint out with pliers,you can also "dig" carefully round it depending on how bad the thing is in there to "pop" it out,
        To take the figures heads of normally I usually just stick the whole figure in hot water ad wait until the neck socket goes soft then take the head off the ball joint should still be intact and attached to the head ready to pop into another heated body
        Hope this helps
        Kindest regards
        Tys
        Last edited by TYS; 30 April 2007, 01:25 PM.
        Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
        Thor: O'Neill.
        Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
        Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
        Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by replicator79 View Post
          The hair behind her ears is sculpted, and I painted her blond streaks black to reflect the look she had in the latter part of season 10.
          Could I ask what brand or type of stuff you used to sculpt Vala's hair? Thanks
          Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
            Could I ask what brand or type of stuff you used to sculpt Vala's hair? Thanks

I think it's Kneadatite blue-yellow putty. You mix the blue and yellow together to get green putty, sculpt, and let dry.

And here is offworld Vala for anyone that is interested

Comment

Originally posted by TYS View Post
              nekoi,
              I had the exact same problem with my Mitchell figure ,in fact mine arrived decapitated LOL anyhow I have found that the best way of getting the ball joints out of the head if it's broke is to use the good old fashioned boil the figures head method,
              If you put some boiling water in a mug and throw the head in and leave it about 3-4 mins the head should be soft enough to get the joint out with pliers,you can also "dig" carefully round it depending on how bad the thing is in there to "pop" it out,
              To take the figures heads of normally I usually just stick the whole figure in hot water ad wait until the neck socket goes soft then take the head off the ball joint should still be intact and attached to the head ready to pop into another heated body
              Hope this helps
              Kindest regards
              Tys
              Thanks! I'll try that later on tonight and tell you how it goes.^^

Replicator79, That looks AWESOME! Mind posting some angle shots of her head... like at the side and from behind? I'd really like to see how well you modeled the back.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                Replicator79, That looks AWESOME! Mind posting some angle shots of her head... like at the side and from behind? I'd really like to see how well you modeled the back.
                Except for the hole that I filled when I removed the ponytail, the back of her head is the same as Avalon Vala's. Same goes for the sides. I was more worried about getting Vala's pigtail look right when viewed from the front. Maybe someday if it bugs me I'll resculpt the back.

Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by replicator79 View Post
                  I think it's Kneadatite blue-yellow putty. You mix the blue and yellow together to get green putty, sculpt, and let dry.
                  Many thanks for the info. I'd like to pick some up and have a few practice sessions. I have a few ideas but need some time to play with it. Won't be close to what you've done though. Thanks for posting the green uniform pic of Vala. Mint.
                  Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7...5070135bx1.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4...5070136yr5.jpg

A couple of shots of my Vala conversion. Sorry they're not very clear, my camera isn't too good. You get the idea though...

Comment

OK- Since DST has announced that they will be bringing out the Desert BDU’s later this year (yea!), that leaves me with a couple of figures pulled apart and primered up.
                      So what’s a fella to do?
                      I started doing some research into camouflage patterns:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/bdu.htm

But my question for y’all is what pattern? What episodes should I research?
                      Any opinions?

(This is the one I wore when I was active duty)

Originally posted by roll my blues
                      do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

To anyone who has made black ops carter or vala. how many coats of paint did you apply? i've jus done my first and it looks good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by martycc View Post
                          A couple of shots of my Vala conversion.
                          Great job, Martycc. Looks mint from here.

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
                          But my question for y’all is what pattern? What episodes should I research?
                          Any opinions?
                          My vote would be for woodland camo. I tried it a couple times myself and I stink at it so... haha, yeah. I've got to go back and watch the DVDs from the beginning because I was never really paying attention to what anyone was wearing until now. Though for quick camo I'd try Ripple Effect or Moebius.

Comment

Best episodes for the woodland camo are "The Fifth Man" and "Rules of Engagement".

Comment

Ok I didn't have the luxury of a buffy the vampire figure to make the pigtails so i had to make do with what I had... off world vala's hair. I cut the hair into 2 pieces to try and resemble pigtails. so here it is.

from that

to that

to this

What do you think?

Comment

Looks great to me, SG1-fan. Man, everyone's coming up with such good ideas for upgrading Vala.

Comment

Working...
                                X