A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TYS View Post
    First of all Hi everyone,My name is Tys and I'm from the UK,been lurking for a while looking at all your awsome customs,will post some pics soon of my conversions,

nekoi,
    I had the exact same problem with my Mitchell figure ,in fact mine arrived decapitated LOL anyhow I have found that the best way of getting the ball joints out of the head if it's broke is to use the good old fashioned boil the figures head method,
    If you put some boiling water in a mug and throw the head in and leave it about 3-4 mins the head should be soft enough to get the joint out with pliers,you can also "dig" carefully round it depending on how bad the thing is in there to "pop" it out,
    To take the figures heads of normally I usually just stick the whole figure in hot water ad wait until the neck socket goes soft then take the head off the ball joint should still be intact and attached to the head ready to pop into another heated body
    Hope this helps
    Kindest regards
    Tys
    Welcome Tys!

Comment

Love all the customs, I will post pics of mine soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
        Welcome Tys!
        Hi Yourself HirogenGater,
        I'm really glad I've found these forums it will give me some good Ideas for modding myself,
        Just a bit of info for you all,I've boiled my replicator carter today and disassembled her,and guess what there's potential for a vest mod with combat vest over the top!!!!!
        Underneath the jacket of replicator carter if you take the arms off and slip the overcoat off you will find a vest top,
        Now don't get me wrong it ain't perfect ie her right boob is effectivly missing LOL but if you then slip a combat vest over the top you'll never see this slight problem,I've taken the arms off my avalon Vala and I'm going to attempt to attach those on to the Carter figure as well,will let you know if it's successful,
        Kindest regards
        Tys
        Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
        Thor: O'Neill.
        Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
        Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
        Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Hi Yourself HirogenGater,
          I'm really glad I've found these forums it will give me some good Ideas for modding myself,
          Just a bit of info for you all,I've boiled my replicator carter today and disassembled her,and guess what there's potential for a vest mod with combat vest over the top!!!!!
          Underneath the jacket of replicator carter if you take the arms off and slip the overcoat off you will find a vest top,
          Now don't get me wrong it ain't perfect ie her right boob is effectivly missing LOL but if you then slip a combat vest over the top you'll never see this slight problem,I've taken the arms off my avalon Vala and I'm going to attempt to attach those on to the Carter figure as well,will let you know if it's successful,
          Kindest regards
          Tys
          good luck on that. so are you trying to attempt to make a black ops carter?

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Sweet idea. You're my friend. I've been wondering what to do with my leftover Replicarter body. I didn't like the idea of it going to waste. All I could think of was adapting it for some random Tok'ra but I still didn't know how I was going to go about it. I really like this idea. Would love to know how this works out for you, TYS.
            Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

....If you put some boiling water in a mug and throw the head in and leave it about 3-4 mins the head should be soft enough to get the joint out with pliers,you can also "dig" carefully round it depending on how bad the thing is in there to "pop" it out....

A little off topic, but I'm curious if this method would work for hands too [or would that just be a tad too small an area?]. I think Mitchell's a problem child , mine showed up today and his left hand almost twisted right off. I'd like to replace it, but wondering if maybe I shouldn't touch it and just leave it alone.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Soong View Post
                A little off topic, but I'm curious if this method would work for hands too [or would that just be a tad too small an area?]. I think Mitchell's a problem child , mine showed up today and his left hand almost twisted right off. I'd like to replace it, but wondering if maybe I shouldn't touch it and just leave it alone.

Thanks for your time.
                Hi Soong,
                Don't worry my friend you're not off topic this is a thread for customising figures ,you'e gotta break em to make em LOL
                Yes this does work on the hands as well (or on any joint on the bodies for that matter) just watch that the joint hasn't started to snap ie you may end up with a wrist socket full of hand joint, make sure you get them hot enough,My Col O'neill offworld figure has got black ops O'neill hands,you have to watch out on some of them though as the hands won't fit very well ie black ops hands don't quite fit on Tshirt O'neill's arms

Try Teal'c legs on O'neill body that works quite well also,

Kindest regards
                Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Hey Tys

Thanks you very much...while, yes, he basically has a snapped joint, the hand is hanging on by a thread it seems, so I think I'll try to remove it before it falls off completely. I have a bag full of extra hands that came with various figures, I'm sure one of those will work *hoping*.

Thanks again!
                  Last edited by Soong; 03 May 2007, 01:28 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Soong View Post
                    Hey Tys

Thanks you very much...while, yes, he basically has a snapped joint, the hand is hanging on by a thread it seems, so I think I'll try to remove it before it falls off completely. I have a bag full of extra hands that came with various figures, I'm sure one of those will work *hoping*.

Thanks again!
                    Hi Soong,
                    Be very careful with the joint if it's like that,You'll need to heat the arm up in a cup of hot water from a kettle,watch ya don't burn your fingers LOL and then I would recommend careful digging around the hole of the wrist to try to pop the hand free,I doubt that there is enough strength in the hand to support a pull out but you never know if it's hot enough it may,
                    Let us know how you get on mate,

Kindest regards
                    Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Here's my season 10 SG-1 Team

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Sg1_fan View Post
                        Here's my season 10 SG-1 Team

What do you think?
                        That's great. Did you paint green Carter black and then swap heads with Replicarter?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
                          That's great. Did you paint green Carter black and then swap heads with Replicarter?
                          Yeh i thought what the hell i might aswell try painting them. so i painted green carter and green vala. Put Replicarter head onto green carter and avalon vala onto green vala with the addition of pigtails.

Comment

Nice job Sg1_fan! I for one am loving all these 'Ripple Effect' SG-1 teams that everyone is making.

Yesterday was my day off so I relaxed by finishing up my Season 10 team as well. I'll try to post pictures soon.

Hopefully the rest of the figures I ordered arrive by the weekend so I can finish up my custom green offworld teams.

Comment

It always takes me longer that I want to finish any custom (I stay pretty busy with 2 jobs & a family). So I thought I would post some Work In Progress pics….
                              Just so y’all don’t think I’m just talking out my a.. here….

Boiled, Popped & Primered>>>

Hummm……
                              Gee, I wonder who this will be?

Originally posted by roll my blues
                              do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Nice progress Norrin! It may take you longer to finish things, but the quality looks superb. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                                X