A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roll my blues – Great Janet!!
    Could I get the break down of both her and the T-Shirt Weir?
    Weir looks simple enough….
    Originally posted by roll my blues
    do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
      Funny enough, thats the custom I'm working on right now. I stumbled upon this guy that I think looks a lot like him. Wesley from the Buffy line. Other than a difference in skin tones it looks mint on the figure.

Anybody else think it looks enough like him?

And thanks to everybody for all the comments.
      Oh man, I have a Wesley figure too. I totally want to try this. lol

Comment

Ok, I admit that this one is a stretch, but until the real thing comes along….

I give you Dr. Janet Fraiser.

I originally wanted to have a figure of Janet in her on-base uniform with lab coat but that just wasn’t panning out for me. So I looked for other ways to suggest the idea of Janet. I went with woodland camo that she would often wear off-world (and on-base in Hathor) and added the impression of surgical gloves.

Other than the fact that she’s entirely too tall she’s a great addition to my shelf.
        This looks really cool, great paint job aswell...
        So i was guessing if DST bring out the Woodland SG1 Series, like announced early (you remembering the Daniel Jackson with Woodland gear),...they could bring out a Janet Fraiser Woodland Exclusive...
        Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
          roll my blues – Great Janet!!
          Could I get the break down of both her and the T-Shirt Weir?
          Weir looks simple enough….

I didn’t know how complete of a break down you wanted so a lot of this info may be redundant.

Weir
          I started with the Field Ops Weir by carefully snipping the vest up the front to remove it. The original seam is around the back and to the right if you want to pry it open there to maintain the closed vest look. I took Weir apart and saved the t-shirt torso and arms.

I started by painting in the grey side panel on the shirt. They’ve made this easy by molding a seam into the figure so there’s no guessing as to where it begins and ends.

When tinkering with the rest of the shirt I discovered that the best effect was from a couple of thin layers of red right over the black. It ends up matching the other figure’s shirt color fairly well.

Then I merged her with the legs of the regular Weir and voila!

Red - Delta 2484 Black Cherry
          Grey - Model Master Acrylic 4755 Dark Gull Grey

Janet
          This one started with stumbling across a half-decent head match. Let me go find the link because I don’t know who she is.

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store.asp?p=

It’s one of these figures, I don’t know which is which. Well, I guess Buffy is obvious, but other than that I‘m not familiar with the show.

*edit* Its from the Summers Family Album Box Set so its either Dawn or Joyce.

I got the figure free which added to its usefulness. I simply changed her hair color to a more redish-brown.

The remainder of her is straightforward as the rest is Sam’s body (which makes her way too tall, agh).

I primed the figure and then painted all the uniform with the green and then went in with the accents. Just a matter of randomly placing each color and stopping when it looked like enough.

Model Master Acrylics
          Green - 4726 Dark Green
          Brown - 4707 Earth Red
          Green/Yellow - 4812 US Army Gulf/4726 Dark Green
          Flat Black
          Dark Green (belt) - 4723 US Army Helo Drab
          Redish Brown (hair) - 4675 Rust
          Last edited by roll my blues; 03 March 2008, 12:44 PM. Reason: link didn't work
          Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

The head was Anya's, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
              The head was Anya's, wasn't it?
              I just realized the link didn't work like I thought it would.

Its from the Summers Family Album Box Set so its either Dawn or Joyce.

I had to look and see who the Anya figure was. Nice, that would have been good, I hadn't seen that figure before.
              Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

I just realized the link didn't work like I thought it would.

Its from the Summers Family Album Box Set so its either Dawn or Joyce.

I had to look and see who the Anya figure was. Nice, that would have been good, I hadn't seen that figure before.
                In that case, it was probably Joyce, judging by the hair. lol

Comment

Major Lorne in Strike Team uniform.

I can’t remember if he ever wore this uniform but since I wanted a strike team figure and a Lorne figure I decided to combine them into one.

Comment

Whoa, that's awesome. What did you use for his torso?
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                      Whoa, that's awesome. What did you use for his torso?
                      It's all just a repaint of the Field Ops Sheppard with the added head from a Buffy Wesley figure.

Comment

Seems like you're really on a customing roll right now! They are awesome! I especially like the way how you present them to us with this frame and logo and name and don't even get me started at the shadow under the feet... marvellous!

They look indeed like real promo pics.
                        Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                          Seems like you're really on a customing roll right now! They are awesome! I especially like the way how you present them to us with this frame and logo and name and don't even get me started at the shadow under the feet... marvellous!

They look indeed like real promo pics.
                          Hahaha, thanks, its good to hear. Here's the secret to my expensive photo studio.

I've got two, maybe three, customs still to come, but after that I'm out of ideas. Having fun in the meantime though.

Comment

Yeah, nice professional promo pics. Please take some more of these, showing off other angles and details and stuff.

EDIT: Oooh, nice link Roll. Bookmarking, that might come in handy for me in the future.
                            Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                            http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Good job! What kind of paint do you use?

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to ask, too, since I really seem to have to repaint the green spots of the desert camo uniform. There is a shop nearby where I can get the right paint, that's no problem. Just paint it and that's it or do I have to consider anything else? Is there any coating to add afterwards, for example?

Off to read the link now!
                                Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Working...
                                X