Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen to the other 26 Asgard protected world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would happen to the other 26 Asgard protected world?

Unending spoiler
    Spoiler:
    After upgarding the Odyssey with the lastest Asgard tech and the computer core with the entire Asgard knowledge , the Argard race committed mass suicide

27 protected world (include Earth)in the Asgard protected treaty
    Then what would happent to the other 26 protected world .

I am sure they were protected from the Ori as much as possible until the episode "Unending".

Would any of them fall into the hand of Ori ,the Ori ship already saw what happen to the Asgard homeworld.So they would know they are easy target.

What would happen to the protected world, the one touch by the ori war and the untouch one.

Would Earth help them after the Ori war, like observing the primative world from a distance like Star Trek's prime directive

Or would Earth help them if they are in danger.

Or Would Earth make those world ,part of the new Earth empire.[spoiler COLOR="White"]Since Asgard already gave them all thei knowledge, [/COLOR]that imply Earth was given the guardianship (or ownership) of those world as well.
    may be they become a colony or "protectorate"

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
    Unending spoiler
    Spoiler:
    After upgarding the Odyssey with the lastest Asgard tech and the computer core with the entire Asgard knowledge , the Argard race committed mass suicide

I am sure they were protected from the Ori as much as possible until the episode "Unending".

Would any of them fall into the hand of Ori ,the Ori ship already saw what happen to the Asgard homeworld.So they would know they are easy target.

What would happen to the protected world, the one touch by the ori war and the untouch one.

Would Earth help them after the Ori war, like observing the primative world from a distance like Star Trek's prime directive

Or Would Earth make those world ,part of the new Earth empire.[spoiler COLOR="White"]Since Asgard already gave them all thei knowledge, [/COLOR]that imply Earth was given the guardianship (or ownership) of those world as well.
    Asgard protected worlds havent really been protected since season 7. Since the Ori vessels are way more powerfull I doubt the Asgard could protect the planets from them either.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
      Unending spoiler
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      Well since we are now the fifth race and are therefore by default the only ones who are willing. I think it falls to us. As far as the Asgard being able to enforce the treaty against the Ori I think the fact that we destroyed 2 of there ships with one of ours would say if the Asgard had the population, the Ori would be dead.
      "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
      - Ernst Jan Plugge

Comment

i aggree that the 5th thing but i think they prob set up sqatelites
        Originally posted by cowpants
        ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Asgard protected worlds havent really been protected since season 7. Since the Ori vessels are way more powerfull I doubt the Asgard could protect the planets from them either.
          Exactly! Not with the problems the Asgard have been having to deal with the past few seasons.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Asgard Protected Planet Treaty was a formal agreement with the Goa'uld. With the fall of the Goa'uld the Treaty no longer served a purpose and was no loanger valid. I'm sure the Asgard would have helped if they could have, but they were not obligated to.

Comment

Shouldn't it be 25 since one of those races was more advanced than us?
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Exactly! Not with the problems the Asgard have been having to deal with the past few seasons.
                Exactly. If they could have helped more than they did they would have.

Comment

I think they will be fine, I mean the Goa'uld are somewhat gone and Ori don't kill unless they refuse religion.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                    I think they will be fine, I mean the Goa'uld are somewhat gone and Ori don't kill unless they refuse religion.
                    True, they should be safe but the Ori soldiers are likely going to be more relentless now.

Comment

Yup. We saw some of that, when they burned the village where the 'sangral' was..

Comment

who cares about the other planets!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Seeing as how the Goa'uld System Lords are no more, the Protected Planets Treaty is null and void. The whole point of the PPT was to protect those worlds from the Goa'uld, which are no longer a galactic power.

Besides, as someone else has already pointed out, the Asgard had been largely unable to enforce the treaty for years anyway.

Comment

Remember in "New Order" when the Goauld acknowledged that the protected planets were part of the Tauri domain,

I can see earth "looking after" those planets
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Way more powerful?
                              Spoiler:
                              Might one recall what a single ship armed with advanced Asgard weapons NOT tied into the ZPM did?

I think it's most likely because the Goa'uild aren't a threat anymore that the treaty kinda fell by the wayside.

Comment

Working...
                              X