Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where will Earth be in the year 2020? Let's assume that the Stargate Program has remained secret (as it probably will for the duration of the franchise). Will the Earth fleet be more advanced than the 4 Great Races'? Will the Tau'ri be an intergalactic superpower (as of 2007, w/ 3 Battle Cruisers I don't think we can even be considered a power, much less a superpower), or even a hyperpower?

Who will be the Head of Homeworld Security? Jack will most likely have retired by then (and married...). Even if Laundry does succeed him, he'll probably be off retired with Mrs. Laundry by 2020. I see the possible candidates as: Wier, Carter, Daniel, Mitchell, and Sheppard; pretty much in that order.

Since the position would actually make more sense as civilian, I do not expect "Major General" to be a requirement, just coincident thus far. Wier seems like the most sensible candidate since, not only would she be next in line for the promotion, but she's also supposedly a master negotiator, and beloved by the government. Next would be Carter since she probably will be a General by then, and she's an expert in.... EVERYTHING. Everyone likes and respects Carter, and she's a somewhat proven leader.

I'd put Danny as 3rd most likely since he made all of these programs possible (SGC & Atlantis directly, Area 51 indirectly), he has all the knowledge of the universe buried in his noggin, and he's an expert on the Ancients, and by then the Asgard. He's also basically immortal.

Cam comes before Shep because the military likes Cam better. Otherwise Shep (being a military commander) would make a lot more sense. Cam, by his own admission, doesn't even command SG-1.

I imagine by then Teal'c will command the Free Jaffa Nation.

I see a Tau'ri built CityShip as a possibility.

Mk. 12 - Planet Buster
    Mk. 14 - Star Buster
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Sounds plausible, although it would be really hard to do some of that stuff without public revelation of the program. Oh yeah and it's General Landry, not Laundry. Laundry is what you put in a washing machine.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I can't imagine earth making it to 2020
      and why would earth want to be a military super power anyway? we're not in the habit of conquering other worlds last time I checked.

Comment

Why not? We conquer other countries all the time.

Comment

In a complete fanwank scenario, it would be good to see the implementation of Naquada fusion and power cell technology to replace fossil fuels. United Earth to have a fleet of 100 capital ships, plus another 200 smaller ships and auxillaries. The Sol System has an integrated defence grid comparable in scope to the Lantean system. We will have learned a great deal from the Atlantean and Asgard database, but still several centuries from understanding it's complete complexity and scope. A small merchant fleet is beginning to make in-roads into galactic trade, and a small Earth colony exists on Abydos.
          Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

Originally posted by Death From Above View Post
            A small merchant fleet is beginning to make in-roads into galactic trade, and a small Earth colony exists on Abydos.
            Abydos was destroyed in full circle.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Death From Above View Post
              In a complete fanwank scenario, it would be good to see the implementation of Naquada fusion and power cell technology to replace fossil fuels. United Earth to have a fleet of 100 capital ships, plus another 200 smaller ships and auxillaries. The Sol System has an integrated defence grid comparable in scope to the Lantean system. We will have learned a great deal from the Atlantean and Asgard database, but still several centuries from understanding it's complete complexity and scope. A small merchant fleet is beginning to make in-roads into galactic trade, and a small Earth colony exists on Abydos.
              what are we gonna do with so many ships?
              it's a waste of countless time and resources

Comment

We'll need a lot more ships i mean there are so many many many more galaxies out there to be explored and very little gate networks unless by then we have some idea on how to build gates, hopfully we will be in direct contact witht he nox i feel we will need some guidance post 'unending'.

Comment

Hermiod: They never say the PLANET was destroyed, just the area around the Stargate/village/pyramid

I see Earth as being thus:

- Stargate Program common knowledge among world leaders, though not the public.
                  - The UN controls diplomatic relations, but the US miltary and SG teams still handle contact and military missions.
                  - Earth's fleet consists of a dozen or two 304s, at least one-hundred 302s (Lost City had two or three dozen)
                  - The Alpha Site is now more of a colony than anything else, and has a small Earth settlement on it.
                  - Earth's orbital defense system is upgraded and cloaked thanks to Asgard knowledge.
                  - The Jaffa Nation has prospered, but still relies heavily on the Tau'ri.
                  - Carter is Admiral of Earth's fleet, Weir is UN ambasador to other worlds (Atlantis expedition has ended by now and is a perminent colony), Daniel works in Pegasus, Teal'c is either in the Jaffa Congress or is leader, and Jack has retired, quietly marrying the love of his life.
                  - Alien technology has been slowly integrated in Earth society, masked as scientific breakthroughs. Naquedah generators now power much of the globe, and startravel around the solor system is common.

So that's my outlook. Hope it comes true
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    Hermiod: They never say the PLANET was destroyed, just the area around the Stargate/village/pyramid

I see Earth as being thus:

- Stargate Program common knowledge among world leaders, though not the public.
                    - The UN controls diplomatic relations, but the US miltary and SG teams still handle contact and military missions.
                    - Earth's fleet consists of a dozen or two 304s, at least one-hundred 302s (Lost City had two or three dozen)
                    - The Alpha Site is now more of a colony than anything else, and has a small Earth settlement on it.
                    - Earth's orbital defense system is upgraded and cloaked thanks to Asgard knowledge.
                    - The Jaffa Nation has prospered, but still relies heavily on the Tau'ri.
                    - Carter is Admiral of Earth's fleet, Weir is UN ambasador to other worlds (Atlantis expedition has ended by now and is a perminent colony), Daniel works in Pegasus, Teal'c is either in the Jaffa Congress or is leader, and Jack has retired, quietly marrying the love of his life.
                    - Alien technology has been slowly integrated in Earth society, masked as scientific breakthroughs. Naquedah generators now power much of the globe, and startravel around the solor system is common.

So that's my outlook. Hope it comes true
                    This isn't Star Trek. My guess for the commander of the Earth fleet would be an Air Force General (Major General Jack O'Neill is 2007's Earth Fleet Commander).

I'd imagine that the BC-306 would be the flagship of 2020 Earth. BC304s will surley still be around, but not in production. I'd imagine the X305 will show up within the next 2 years. It'll have a lot of potential, but it'll be glitchy since the Asgard won't be helping them fine tune it. The BC-306 will probably be a successful fusion of Tau'ri/Lantean/Asgard/Goa'uld tech.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod View Post
                      Abydos was destroyed in full circle.
                      Only the pyramid and all the people, but the logic of saying Abydos should be a colony is almost idiotic. Its pretty much one giant desert.

Comment

I agree, the only reason for a colony here is that it's the closest planet to earth. But with our Asgard hyperdrive, and stargate travel, thats really not a good reason either.
                        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Im sure Abydos was destroyed. They couldnt lock the 7th chevron. The ancients allowed SG-1 to say goodbye and they couldnt go back afterwards because the planet was gone. That weapon Anubis had was powerful, thats why daniel tried to stop him because he was going to destroy the planet.
                          Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                          sigpic
                          sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                            Im sure Abydos was destroyed. They couldnt lock the 7th chevron. The ancients allowed SG-1 to say goodbye and they couldnt go back afterwards because the planet was gone. That weapon Anubis had was powerful, thats why daniel tried to stop him because he was going to destroy the planet.
                            It could not lock because the gate had been vaporized, not the planet.

And why couldn't Carter be commander? She's got the experience and prestige to do it. And Jack will probably have retired by 2020.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

well seeing how the Military couldnt keep the STARGATE Program a secret for that long i do see alot of improvements done to the Earth by 2020 . Thing that would make a big impact on earth and the rest of are galaxy as well as Pegasus Galaxy ...

Some Spoilers at this point , so if you havnt see the end of SG-1 Season 10 dont read on PLEASE ....

- Earth itself would have to come together as a group or a race in this galaxy to over come all and future enemies , the STARGATE Program itself will have to come out and be told to all . They would have to do something build a new STARGATE Program site where all nations could be present .

- The STARGATE Program , or main base would have to be moved to a place where all nations could gather together as one race to make all the destions on what they would do , where they would go and how the program would be ran ... Most likly the Military wouldnt be the main ones in charge of the Program anymore , yet the Military would play a big role into what goes on , who goes off world and what worlds are safe to travel to ...

- I would see that the Militaries of the world would come together with the kind of plan to build there new main base close to something like Atlantis , Seeing how they got new technolgoy from the Asgards , and have been on Atlantis itself for so many years . There design would be something to deal with all of the world . Maybe even build a SPACE STATION at this point where the Stargate would be used at ... They would have reps from all over the world as well as someone ( Most likly someone that is placed there from all of the nations of the world ) that is in full charge of the Program , They would have mixed military teams from all over the nations , as well as having top scientist and other people that could help out .

- As far as the Milky Way goes , IMO i would see that some nations and races from all over the galaxy would not want to be part of are ALLIANCE . The Free Jaffas would most likly be the first of many that we would want to have part of this New Great Alliance , yet im not sure if they would join in seeing how Earth or humans like to controll everthing . I dont see them as the threat to Earth and the milky way , Any new threats would be either Nations that dont want nothing to do with the Alliance , or from ousiders in other galaxies .

- Pegasus would get alot more support and most likly be a safe Galaxy for humans to move to if something was to happen in the Milky Way galaxy .Yet i do see at least one Planet in the Pegasus Galaxy becoming Earth 2 . The new world that Some humans on earth would move to and build up , Also seeing that the Milky Way wouldnt have as many Enemies at this point , We as humans would have tried to make are Alliance there as well . So you would see Earth 2 more then just humans , there would be races from all over the Milky Way galaxy on Earth 2 .

- The military would also make there way to the Pegasus Galaxy as well , They would most likly at this point have Atlantis build up as there main base still , seeing how its the most advanced thing we would have . Atlantis would still have some one put in charge of it , but traveling from Earth 1 , to Earth t2 or Milky Way to Pegasus Galaxies would be mroe done by Advanced ships .

- Ships in this new STARGATE 2020 world would be classed as we see today with cars ....

* Everday drivers would have Hyperdrive , but would be build for your ever day person and not as a Military use . Would be mroe build for a Family that is on Vaction so it would hold 10 to 15 people , but would have your everday things like a home in it as well .

* Sports Drivers , Racers would have a mroe advanced Hyperdrive system , yet they couldnt travel from Galaxy to Galaxy . They would be mroe for fun in the Open Space and build for maybe 2 or 3 people at the most .

* Military style ships would be alot mroe advanced then they are right now , They would hold most likly a crew of 2000 to 5000 people . They would also be able to travel from the milky Way to the pegasus Galaxy with in a day or 2 making it faster incast of something happening ... Each ship would also have 2 lauch bays for Fighter Ships . With Earth knowing about the SG Program and being part of the program there self , you could see the SG-C having some where in the range of maybe 50 Ships , 5 would be setup for the pegasus Galaxy and Earth 2 ...

I wouldnt say that Earth would be a POWER HOUSE in the Galaxy at this point , it would be Earth and there Alliance that would be the Power House . Yet ever power house has something that could go wrong , or find someone out there that is even more powerful . We could even find that some Galaxies ar=t this point have been working together for Millions of years and woudl be a bigger threat to the milky Way galaxy then the Ori where ever .

It would be nice at this point to see the Writting team take the STARGATE Program in to the future for even one movie . Maybe take it 100 years in the future so that way the STARGATE Shows really couldnt be messed with at all .

Comment

Working...
                              X