Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Shep/Weir Discussion - How will Season 4 effect Sparky SPOILERS for Season 4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Shep/Weir Discussion - How will Season 4 effect Sparky SPOILERS for Season 4

This is not a list to discuss Shep/Weir nor is this a place to post pictures. This is a DISCUSSION thread only on how Elizabeth Weir being made recurring will affect the ship. I guess you can call this thread "Fans of Sparky who do not want to squee about season 4". Feel free to state your concerns about things and be as gloomy as you want - but please remember to respect others opinions - and to stay on topic.

I am extremely concerened about the fact that we have not heard much about Weir's role in S4.
    Last edited by Suzotchka; 03 April 2007, 03:18 PM.

Thank you Suz for opening this thread, neat! Let all the speculations begin!

Originally posted by Suzotczka
    I am extremely concerened about the fact that we have not heard much about Weir's role in S4.
    That is indeed something I'm worried about as well, nobody wants to say anything, they avoid all the questions, no direct answers.

We know how TPTB handle ships, nobody has much faith in them (the Vala/Daniel was a surprise and yeah, they could afford to do it since it's the end of the series, they won't have to keep writing it) when all the characters of a ship are present, let alone when one is recurring, how can we hope for more Sparky than before then?
    Last edited by Celcool; 03 April 2007, 03:06 PM.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post

Thank you Suz for opening this thread, neat! Let all the speculations begin!
      You're welcome! I hope people are made to feel welcome here

As I said, I am extremely concerned. We had Weir in almost 20 episodes in the past. And now we're only getting a handful. I wonder in what capacity Weir will be there and how she'll interact with John.

Comment

Thank you, Suz! *hugs*

Well, it looks like she'll be in less than eight. I've quit watching the show, but I haven't quit 'shipping the 'ship. I'm NOT happy about what they're doing with this though. If it turns out they're making this change to be able to push their originally-chosen 'ship, I will be furious.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
          Thank you, Suz! *hugs*

Well, it looks like she'll be in less than eight. I've quit watching the show, but I haven't quit 'shipping the 'ship. I'm NOT happy about what they're doing with this though. If it turns out they're making this change to be able to push their originally-chosen 'ship, I will be furious.

If we get her in 8 for the first half, that's better than what I had already heard. But it's way less then what I want. I'm not giving up on the ship either, but I am concerned about things.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            I wonder in what capacity Weir will be there and how she'll interact with John.
            I wonder about that too. How many scenes will Elizabeth have with John? Will there be any scenes of just the two of them? Will Joe and Torri act as before? The amazing chemistry they share will still be present, I have no doubts about that but will they be given a chance to show it (edit) as John and Elizabeth in all its glory? We'll see, I guess.

If it turns out they're making this change to be able to push their originally-chosen 'ship, I will be furious.
            I somehow doubt they would do that. I'm not too worried, they seem not to want any ships. Hopefully I'm right (about the first part).
            Last edited by Celcool; 03 April 2007, 03:47 PM.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
              I wonder about that too. How many scenes will Elizabeth have with John? Will there be any scenes of just the two of them? Will Joe and Torri act as before? The amazing chemistry they share will still be present, I have no doubts about that but will they be given a chance to show it (edit) as John and Elizabeth in all its glory? We'll see, I guess.
              I wonder how they're going to handle it too. they've got chemistry that's for sure, but how will her not being on the show full time affect John?

I'd just like to add that it's okay to be positive about things too.

Comment

I wonder how they're going to handle it too. they've got chemistry that's for sure, but how will her not being on the show full time affect John?

I'd just like to add that it's okay to be positive about things too.
                Oh, yes, positivity is good, we're just here so we don't get accused of spoiling anyone's zen, right?

Comment

Oh, yes, positivity is good, we're just here so we don't get accused of spoiling anyone's zen, right?
                  you said it - not me! *runs away*

Comment

you said it - not me! *runs away*
                    Naturally. Don't I always come right out and say what I think? But honestly, I don't think the people in question had considered that what they were saying was hurtful in return.

Comment

I wonder how we're going to get Sparky moments if she's recurring?

Comment

I am fan of Sparky. And I hate the very thought of Teyla and John. I am scared that they may be doing this to put those two together. I certainly hope not.

As for the recurring character, this could be very bad or somewhat good. She could go join Ford in La La land or she could be like Zelenka or Becket in the first season and be there quite often. Those two have had very good screen time as recurring and Becket even had "poisoning the well".

As of late it seems Liz is just being a schedule keeper. 1 minute in the begining to say "go" and 1 minute at the end to say "what trouble have you caused?" (sometimes the middle had a whole bunch of worry, but she had to worry about everyone not just the one we want her to) I think it might be better if instead of 20 episodes of that to have 8-10 good recurring episode where she really does something useful (like poisoning the well). Off world stories could bring a new level to her character and thus bring her and John closer. And give more opertunities for John to worry about her for a change. (And give him something to look at instead of wooden girl Teyla)

I know that is being optimistic, and unfortantly I don't think it will happen, but we can only hope. I have the sinking feeling Ford is going to get a new friend in LaLa land. If it was good, they would be spilling their guts about it. Quite is not a good thing for producers who want to promote.

Comment

Originally posted by kittyangel View Post
                          I know that is being optimistic, and unfortantly I don't think it will happen, but we can only hope. I have the sinking feeling Ford is going to get a new friend in LaLa land. If it was good, they would be spilling their guts about it. Quite is not a good thing for producers who want to promote.
                          The fact that they don't know how many episodes Torri/Weir is going to be in, to me, is not a good sign. If they knew what they wanted to do with her and knew what kind of arc they wanted to give her, they'd have some inkling as to a number. I dont think it's right to reduce her just so other characters can be developed (if that's what they're doing).

I can see all those scenarios greatly impacting the Shep/Weir dynamic. In fact, I think it just about changes everything on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            Good idea for a thread. I think a lot of people are a little reluctant to go into the Sparky thread to talk about their concerns because they've been accused of 'ruining their zen'. What kind of zen will they have left to ruin when Torri's gone? Because their ship won't be happening.
                            Well, everyone is welcome here!

Someone should post a link to this thread in the Shep/Weir one.

Comment

Yeah. Well I'm glad this thread's here because I have some concerns too. I was never accused of ruining anyone's Zen at least that I knew of , but I appreciate the place to talk about doubts, because I have em and they plague me

I'm hoping they're going to play it in such a way that, if Weir's not a primary boss-character anymore, that suddenly her and John will just feel different around each other. Like, they could very easily do a scene where John's asking her to lunch and they're both real awkward about it (John's ALWAYS awkward around her! ) and then she's like, "You know John, I'm not your boss anymore " with lifted eyebrows and John's like "HmMmmMmmMmm"

I think it's totally doable. Whether they'll see that and be smart or just piss her away though, is another question .

Let's say for example that Odyssey or something comes to assist them, I really hope Weir isn't evacuated for medical attention like semi-permanently. Anyone heard anything new about that spoiler image? Is it legit?

Comment

Working...
                              X