No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watch Travellers? Amanda is in season 2, two episodes I think. One has aired S2 EP1, and I assume she did another episode because Eric tweeted a pic with her on set in a different outfit.

I sneakily watched the first episode of S2, waiting to watch the season properly in the UK.

EDIT: Apologies Freshhorse, I missed your post when I scrolled through this last page to catch up.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

How is everyone, it's been ages since I've been on here (2015 I think) a reminder of Shipmas has brought me back.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

It looks like AT may be directing another Supernatural episode: https://twitter.com/amandatapping/st...53912585457664

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6746182/?ref_=tt_ep_pr
        Last edited by planet_tv; 25 January 2018, 05:13 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

AT's Supernatural, episode A Most Holy Man will air March 8 on the CW according to IMDB. Apparently she also directed the episode Various & Sundry Villains too from the current season.

Incase anyone wants to see the episodes of X Company that AT directed, a channel in the US called Ovation is currently airing the show.

http://www.ovationtv.com/xcompany/
          Last edited by planet_tv; 24 February 2018, 09:54 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Just thought I would share this over here too:

This is my Sam Carter Avatar all fixed up for 150x150 with different versions. The S and C are in this font and the rest is this font. It's the same 2 I used in my AT sign for the Sam Carter text and the same text effect I used in this avatar, for example, but with a 3rd layer of the same text on top at about 50% transparent. Oddly enough, the backgrounds in this avatar and my Sheppard and McKay avatars in way sort of go with the Gateworld banner and that was totally unplanned.

SamCarterAvatar1-1: Nothing was done to the Gate Puddle texture.
            A
            B
            C
            D
            SamCarterAvatar1-2: I just took what I did to the Gate Puddle texture in my McKay and Sheppard avatars and used it in this.
            A
            B
            C
            D

Comment

I just saw this on AT's twitter. It's her tribute to Stephen Hawking that she posted on March 14: https://twitter.com/amandatapping/st...39353620684800

Comment

Amanda playing air guitar at ATX. Picture from our little PengYn.
                sigpic

Comment

Look who's back on Supernatural but in front of the camera:
                  Spoiler:
                  Just when you thought AT's Naomi was dead.

Episode Title: Funeralia

I did not watch the episode but I know this because my Mom told me.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                    Look who's back on Supernatural but in front of the camera:
                    Spoiler:
                    Just when you thought AT's Naomi was dead.

Episode Title: Funeralia

I did not watch the episode but I know this because my Mom told me.
                    It was good to see her back.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you get the channel Ovation, X Company airs on it and the AT directed episodes La Vérité Vous Rendra Libre will reair Wed at 2:30 am EST time and Fatherland will debut on the network on Mon. July 2nd at 10pm EST.

Comment

I've been to Montreal for a week, to see the pen pal I met here on GW, and to attend Comiccon where Amanda was one of the many guests. She did a great panel on Saturday and was busy with photo ops and autographs both Saturday and Sunday.
                        I took this photo during the panel:
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pic!

So glad you were able to get there to see her!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

It's been more than six years since I last posted to this thread, or to the forum in general. I don't know what, exactly, prompted it but, over the past days, I've had a strong yearning to watch "Stargate: SG-1" again, and I went with it, looking back on a few of my favourite episodes. I've decided to have a rewatch, from the beginning.

I've watched a lot of shows in my time, and tend to get obsessive about them, but no character has ever captivated me in the same way as Sam Carter did, and still does. I think that, in a way, I look for her in characters in other shows that I watch. I certainly tend to favour female scientists and fighters. However, none of them have ever quite measured up. Sam set the bar sky high.

I have been reading over some old posts, and I was reminded of just how welcoming the posters on the forum, and on this thread, were when I started posting in March 2006, how kind they always were, and how much I enjoyed posting here.

I don't know if any of you are still here, and still following this thread, but I'd like to say 'Thank You' to you all for the joy this thread gave me.

I've gone far too long without Sam, and without Gateworld. I want to change that.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                              It's been more than six years since I last posted to this thread, or to the forum in general. I don't know what, exactly, prompted it but, over the past days, I've had a strong yearning to watch "Stargate: SG-1" again, and I went with it, looking back on a few of my favourite episodes. I've decided to have a rewatch, from the beginning.

I've watched a lot of shows in my time, and tend to get obsessive about them, but no character has ever captivated me in the same way as Sam Carter did, and still does. I think that, in a way, I look for her in characters in other shows that I watch. I certainly tend to favour female scientists and fighters. However, none of them have ever quite measured up. Sam set the bar sky high.

I have been reading over some old posts, and I was reminded of just how welcoming the posters on the forum, and on this thread, were when I started posting in March 2006, how kind they always were, and how much I enjoyed posting here.

I don't know if any of you are still here, and still following this thread, but I'd like to say 'Thank You' to you all for the joy this thread gave me.

I've gone far too long without Sam, and without Gateworld. I want to change that.
                              What a lovely post! I also have fond memories of this site and have made many friends through it.

By coincidence, my self and a group of friends I met via Gateworld have also started a rewatch!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                What a lovely post! I also have fond memories of this site and have made many friends through it.

By coincidence, my self and a group of friends I met via Gateworld have also started a rewatch!
                                Thank you.

I was so afraid that Gateworld would be gone, like so many other discussion forums have. You can't know how thrilled I am to see that it's still active. I love looking over old discussion threads. Even when the show went in directions that I didn't agree with, I got a lot of pleasure from discussing it with other fans. It was also reassuring to see that others shared my anger at certain aspects, like Sam losing command of SG-1. Restored a little of my faith in humanity.

I was also very pleasantly surprised to see that there are still new fanfics being written. I feel spoiled for choice.

It's inspired me to dust off an old fic series that I stopped writing when I was three fifths of the way through. The first three stories need to be revised, then I can write the other two and, hopefully, post the whole series.

I'm taking part in the rewatch on the forum as well as my own. Discussing was always part of the fun.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X