Default Re: Sam's a great character - spoilers for *ALL* seasons

Quote Originally Posted by rderoch View Post
    ummmm, very interesting statement in Joe's blog
    Spoiler:
    ....snip....Not one, not two, but three pregnancies to throw the schedule into a tizzy. Hey, this is life and a pregnancy is a happy event to be celebrated and, if at all possible, worked into a storyline. We did and, in my opinion, added a whole new layer to our planned season four mega-arc.....snip....

Ok, we know one is Rachel.
    I think he means
    Spoiler:
    only Rachel pregnancy is written into the story. Maybe he means the other two are in the cast or crew. DH may have taken time off to be with hie girlfriend for doctor visits, classes, etc. The same may be true for another cast or crew. So they had to write around their absences?? That is what I first thought, but I'm sure anything is possible.
    He likes to speak in code... lol

EDIT: lol looks like ForeverSG1 already beat me too it... just goes to show I should read the thread all the way through before commenting lol

Lieutenant Colonel samcarterrules's Avatar

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the OT...

My thoughts too are with those people touched by what happened on September 11th 2001! It is a day I know I will never forget, it was lunchtime here in the UK I didn't really know at the time what the WTC was but as I watched the TV I was in shock at what I was seeing Today 6 years on, my thoughts and prayers are with those who died, those who were injured, all those peoples' relatives and those brave brave emergency workers and passers by who put their own safety aside to help people, showing the best of humanity while the worst was happening...

May the world come together as one on this day and remember!

Hug your loved ones b/c LTS...

((((((((((((Samanda's))))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

September 11th will be a day I never forget as well or the days afterwards. 6 years ago I was in College where a lot of the students had loved ones that worked in Washington and New York City. I didn't realize how many in New York until that day. I was getting ready to go to my first class and had the Today show on and watched in complete shock as the news unfolded. I called my mom who lived 7-8 hours away to see if she had seen the news and she had been trying to call me, but couldn't get through...

The school ended up canceling classes for the rest of the day and for a couple of days after, so students could go home if needed. There was this quiet shock that had fallen across the campus. The area where students were usually outside playing, listening to music and just chatting was friends was vacant. We walked by classrooms, dorms and dining halls and everywhere we went people were gathered around TV's and trying to get in touch with loved ones.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the tragedies on that day... To the brave heroes that stepped up beyond the call of duty and the way the nation and really the world rallied around those cities and it's people.

Quote Originally Posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    I think he means
    Spoiler:
    only Rachel pregnancy is written into the story. Maybe he means the other two are in the cast or crew. DH may have taken time off to be with hie girlfriend for doctor visits, classes, etc. The same may be true for another cast or crew. So they had to write around their absences?? That is what I first thought, but I'm sure anything is possible.
    He likes to speak in code... lol

EDIT: lol looks like ForeverSG1 already beat me too it... just goes to show I should read the thread all the way through before commenting lol
    Tis true. Joe likes to obfuscate.
    Last edited by rderoch; September 11th, 2007 at 08:25 PM.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Quote Originally Posted by NZNeep View Post
    So, how is everyone going with their women of the gate prompts?

I opened mine, grinned like crazy at the first sentence, then read the rest. It made me cry, then ignore it for 3 days.
    LOL

My first thought was 'OMG I can't believe I actually volunteered for this!' and then I immediately went into panic mode as this will be my very first ever fan fiction. And it will be public aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I have since been watching episodes concentrating on the Sam & Vala scenes and interactions. I've noticed that in photos and episodes, Sam is almost always on the left side (from the viewer's perspective). I wonder why? Because she is taller and that frames the shot better? Because she was on the show first (stretching here)? Or is this panic mode frying my brain ?!?

Go Sam and Vala !

Quote Originally Posted by hisg1fans View Post
    LOL

My first thought was 'OMG I can't believe I actually volunteered for this!' and then I immediately went into panic mode as this will be my very first ever fan fiction. And it will be public aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I have since been watching episodes concentrating on the Sam & Vala scenes and interactions. I've noticed that in photos and episodes, Sam is almost always on the left side (from the viewer's perspective). I wonder why? Because she is taller and that frames the shot better? Because she was on the show first (stretching here)? Or is this panic mode frying my brain ?!?

Go Sam and Vala !
    My best advice to you would be:

1. Have fun
    2. It's your idea so run with it
    3. Find yourself a good beta, someone to check over what you've written, and who you can bounce ideas off of. They may pick out little plot holes that sometime occur

and remember
    Spoiler:
    HAVE FUN

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by parsifal View Post

Ooooh, thank you parsifal...they look great

Thanks Parsifal! I hadn't seen these pics before! Season 4 is 2 1/2 weeks away for lots of people! Can't wait!!

I swear I *have* to make time this weekend to draw!

So many gorgeous pictures.

Anyone want to volunteer to bug me until I do!

*THUD*
    These are amazing but am I the only one who really don't like the new uniform of SGA??
    And it looks like they cut and pasted them together? or am I the only one who thinks that?
    Quote Originally Posted by antoa315 View Post

I volunteer I'll bug, I'll bug you like crazy Cause your drawings are amazing so

Quote Originally Posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    *THUD*
    These are amazing but am I the only one who really don't like the new uniform of SGA??
    And it looks like they cut and pasted them together? or am I the only one who thinks that?

I volunteer I'll bug, I'll bug you like crazy Cause your drawings are amazing so
    Love the leather jacket. Wasn't sure about the pants, but they are growing on me.

Heh. Only the first one seems like it was actually taken in front of the 'gate. The others look like composite. Their boots just don't sit right and the shadows don't work.

And thanks for volunteering!

Quote Originally Posted by Tittamiire View Post

And with ice cream...there is something wonderful about jelly and ice cream no matter how old you are...prefferably stripy jelly. Stripy jelly is my culinary specialty when my mums throws barbecues for our friends and family in the summer....that and bananas and marsbars
    Aww...I used to love jelly and ice cream. The staple of birthday-party food!

Cool, thanks for the links. I'm patiently waiting for SGA S4...I'm definitely going to have Sky1 by the time it airs, w00t!

September 11th is a sad day indeed...my thoughts are with all those who lost people that day.

Awesome pictures! I'm excited about Atlantis and I am not going to even get to watch it! Thank you for these.

Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

whoo yeah

how do you find this stuff? lol, parsifal brings us teh exclusives on this thread, I dont think anyone else knows about it gg

Quote Originally Posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    *THUD*

I cannot state how much I miss the USAF uniforms and how much I despise the fake star-treky crpy uselessly inefficient uniforms they are going to.

Carter is a great character and dressing her up like a barbie doll or stupid scifi girl does her disservice. The character is a high ranking member of the US Military and deserves to wear the uniform.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan View Post
    I cannot state how much I miss the USAF uniforms and how much I despise the fake star-treky crpy uselessly inefficient uniforms they are going to.

Carter is a great character and dressing her up like a barbie doll or stupid scifi girl does her disservice. The character is a high ranking member of the US Military and deserves to wear the uniform.
    Hmm, Sheppard's in his regular uniform. I notice Rodney has the leather jacket too. Maybe there is some practical reason for the leather? Doubtful. Did they say in previous interviews the leather was for offworld?
    Although certainly *tight* leather can't be very practical. And it doesn't exactly signal "professional" or "commanding officer."

I haven't seen much of their new on base uniforms (I've been avoiding spoilers and am also afraid to look).

I hate the assumption of whoever decides on these clothes that scifi fans are so shallow as to only be concerned with the physical assets of the actors.
    Hmm. People watched SG1 in fairly shapeless BDUs for 6 years just fine before they went to the sleeveless uniforms in S7 and the infamous tight leather jacket Carter wore to a *raid* FCOL in Endgame (?). Sure they looked great, but it didn't make sense in the context. I doubt the AF allows people to run around in sleeveless tshirts in the office.
    I could have dealt better if say: Carter's was working in her lab. She has her BDU shirt on the chair & puts it on over the tshirt before she leaves the lab to go into the rest of the base. And it wasn't just Carter. Teal'c might as well have been standing around in body builder poses.
    Not that I mind some attractive beefcake but it does detract from the seriousness of the story at times, particularly when it's blatantly there for the thunk factor, rather than a logical reason.

don't be a hater now

Ziva's Sparring Partner Celandine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hisg1fans View Post
    LOL

Go Sam and Vala !
    awe You'll do fine I'm sure. Sounds like you've done your research on the Sam/Vala ship...now you just have to let that wacked imagination of yours run wild. Good luck with it!

Wonderful pics! Whoever took them did a fantastic job. The lighting/shadows on all of them are awesome. Thanks for sharing these. *saves eagerly for later*

Quote Originally Posted by antoa315 View Post

Ooh you love to draw too? Cool! I'd love to see some of your sketches some time. Everyone has their own style and I find it really interesting seeing others work. It's almost like you can get into the head of someone through their art...well, kind of a disconcerting image, but I hope you know what I mean.

To me it doesnt seem like Sam Carter. I havent really watched much of the eps of Atlantis so when the season begins, for me it's going to be like watching a whole other character cos there's just so many things different about her. I mean, look at the pics. Do they remind you of the old Sam from sg-1? To me no...even compared to season 10. *shrug* Just my first impression but perhaps it'll change when I start watching the series.

Is it my imagination, or has Rodney shrunk???? Hmm.... and will there now be Teyla/Carter fanfic in the future?? *cough* looking at hand on arm *cough*

Page 3863 of 6305 FirstFirst ... 28633363376338133853386038613862386338643865386638733913396343634863 ... LastLast