• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so buying this game!
    Mod Note: Sig oversized.Click to view.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      if it's only a demo then the game itself ain't free...how much does the full version cost ?
      It's going to be free, they made it cause they love BSG. I've been watching this mod for months and I have to say that it has surpassed my expectations.
      Also for those who ***** about the controls for the game, just press f2 and click enable mouse and then pretty much set the controls to the style of an fps game(ex. w=thrust forward a=thrust left s=thrust back d=thrust right q=roll left e-roll right) not too hard.
      And another note, there are some fan made single player mission addons for those interested.

Comment

Originally posted by teknobug5 View Post
        I'm so buying this game!
        it will be a free game...

Comment

Originally posted by teknobug5 View Post
          I'm so buying this game!
          Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
          if it's only a demo then the game itself ain't free...how much does the full version cost ?
          There's no better compliment for a modding team than people consistently believing they need to pay money to play it. Bravo BtRL. Bravo.
          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
          - Serenity

Comment

Simply brilliant. Haven't played yet but looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

My bad... I found out days ago about the web site and how it was produced. It's awesome what fans can do!

I've read about how it wasn't illegal. Since I don't know anything about freespace except that you don't need it to play, I'll wait and see when it's done!
              Mod Note: Sig oversized.Click to view.

Comment

It certainly is amazing what fans can do with enough dedication and ambition. I think you'd be supprsied at how many fan-made SG-1 games there are, or used to be until MGM shut most of them down.
                "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Im anxious to try the Homeworld2 add-on "Fleet Commander" ... a real-time stratedgy game centered in the new BSG universe...
                  SO SAY WE ALL
                  sigpic

Comment

BTRL - All I can say is Frakkin-A! Great gameplay (I eagarly await viper MKII and raptors) and voiceovers. The team is on to a winner

Freespace and Freespace2 were great games, it was a great move by Volition to make the code freely available.
                    The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

I've vaguely been aware of this game for ages now but i only found out about the demo a few days ago. I instantly downloaded it and I loved it. It is absolutely incredible work. The models are fantastic and that asteroid field looks like it's been taken stright from 'scar'. I just regret not having the money to make a donation.

Anyway the unfortunate thing is that it looks like there won't be a full version out for a while yet. I'd estimate it at being some time next year. Possibly late on.

In the mean time there is an update for the demo. It doesn't change much, just adds an extra mission, fixes some glitches and sound changes and so on. I can't get it cos of my universty's firewall blocking me, but there's no reason why the rest of you can't.

People have also been producing their own campaigns and single missions for use with the demo. You can get them from here:

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5065

So just keep on supporting the group. I know i will. I can't help them directly but at least i can spread the word.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The times when my computer lets me play it, I love it. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't let me play very often.
                        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

ModDB's annual mod of the year comptetition is here again folks. Want to support BtRL? Then vote now!

http://www.moddb.com/games/6596/bsg-beyond-the-red-line

Scroll down a bit and hit the vote-button to give voice for all the repressed space-sim fans in the sea of fps-shooters.

And while we're on the subject, here's the teams latest gem:

Comment

might as well show you guys this too.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                            X