Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you (MOVIE SPOILERS) and if so how...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you (MOVIE SPOILERS) and if so how...?

Would you want Joss to bring Wash and/or Sheppard back from the dead if there were to be a sequel?

And if so, how would you like to see them brought back?

I personaly would rather not, as I think they were pretty much as dead as you can get, I don't think much wiggle room was left for Joss to work with (aside from parallel universe kind of stuff).

Flashbacks only. Of course I wouldn't dare tell Joss what to do, I kinda sorta trust his judgement on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Flashbacks only. Of course I wouldn't dare tell Joss what to do, I kinda sorta trust his judgement on this one.
      I could absolutely live with flashbacks, I would be mad if we didn't get some.

Comment

Flashbacks to me would be a good way to bring them back. However rather than just normal flashbacks, i'd want completely new and original flashbacks that could even used to add background to the characters and things like that.

Hasn't someone on this site said that Whedon actually has a good idea on how to resurrect the characters anyway?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Flashbacks to me would be a good way to bring them back. However rather than just normal flashbacks, i'd want completely new and original flashbacks that could even used to add background to the characters and things like that.

Hasn't someone on this site said that Whedon actually has a good idea on how to resurrect the characters anyway?
          I was thinking...

The flashbacks could be intregal to the plot of the story. Whatever "situation" Mal and crew find themselves in could be related to an event that took place in the past. As the plot progresses, we could be shown flashbacks as they relate to the unfolding story.

Comment

Originally posted by upinout View Post
            I was thinking...

The flashbacks could be intregal to the plot of the story. Whatever "situation" Mal and crew find themselves in could be related to an event that took place in the past. As the plot progresses, we could be shown flashbacks as they relate to the unfolding story.
            That's the only way that flashbacks would be a good thing. They could easily show clips of FireFly and Serenity and use those as flashbacks but that would just make it worse.

That's why I suggested new and original flashbacks, because they can be added to the story rather than just having clips tacted on for no reason.

Take Book for example, it wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be an Operative during his past, so if something was to happen in a new movie that involved a mission he did, then that gives a good reason to have flashbacks including him. They would help unfold the story and wouldn't be cliips from Firefly or Serenity. Wash could have been an Alliance pilot who worked with Book during that mission, which gives a reason to also include him plus add an interesting background twist that both knew each other before coming onto the ship but didn't reveal anything about each other.

If they just added a few random clips, then the flashbacks wouldn't be as interesting and just feel forced.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              That's the only way that flashbacks would be a good thing. They could easily show clips of FireFly and Serenity and use those as flashbacks but that would just make it worse.

That's why I suggested new and original flashbacks, because they can be added to the story rather than just having clips tacted on for no reason.

Take Book for example, it wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be an Operative during his past, so if something was to happen in a new movie that involved a mission he did, then that gives a good reason to have flashbacks including him. They would help unfold the story and wouldn't be cliips from Firefly or Serenity. Wash could have been an Alliance pilot who worked with Book during that mission, which gives a reason to also include him plus add an interesting background twist that both knew each other before coming onto the ship but didn't reveal anything about each other.

If they just added a few random clips, then the flashbacks wouldn't be as interesting and just feel forced.
              I whole-heartedly agree! This would be the best way to include them in a future installment of the series.

Comment

As much as I would LOVE to have Wash back, it just wouldn't be right. I agree with Trek Girl, flashbacks would fit the occasion nicely
                Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't bring them back. I'd love to but Joss writ it in stone.

In my mind, if the series did continue, Wash's death would have set up this potential love triangle between Zoe, Mal and Inara. Despite Zoe and Mal being 'ole war buddies, Wash was always a little suspicious about Mal and Zoe having some latent feelings for each other.

And even though I really loved Wash's character, the whole angle of River becoming Serenity's "Albatross" - the ship's good luck symbol and new pilot is an even more exciting angle to expand upon.

And again, if I had my druthers, I would have introduced Shepherd Book's son or daughter. His child/ren who would be even more enigmatic and mysterious as their father was. Who would eventually grow close to the cast. And who, in answering questions about their father would only reveal MORE mysteries about Book. And deepen the intrigue about his character.

That would have been my take.
                  Last edited by markaudette; 20 April 2007, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X