X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combat (617)

So no one's made a thread yet.
    What did you guys think?

My only comment is that Lex named Phuket as "paradise". I've been there three times, before and after the tsunami. It's actually pretty lousy. I could name many better vacation locations.
    Who's Lex's travel agent? Geez.

I totally dug Tom Welling in black leather great to see him becoming more Superman-ish, even if he's in his "anti-hero" phase.

Comment

Geez, why does Lois end up in odd looking outfits? Does she like to look for belly button lint?

Loved the fight even though it was weird to see Clark being so brutal.

I don't know what to think of the Lana and Lex and baby thing. There's got to be more to that storyline.
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Best episode since Justice.

Comment

How convenient that someone else gets knocked out and isn't able to learn Clark's secret.

Maybe it's just me, but you think they'd come up with something more original after 6 seasons.

--

I liked the episode. It was good to see Kane getting a bigger and more prominant role that Batista did earlier in the season. I liked that there was a very enjoyable action sequence in it, plus Lois in tight red latex was definitely interesting but part of me was more interested in Kane's back story, because I would have liked knowing why the kryptians would seemingly create non kryptionian genetically engineer soldiers.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            How convenient that someone else gets knocked out and isn't able to learn Clark's secret.

Maybe it's just me, but you think they'd come up with something more original after 6 seasons.

--

I liked the episode. It was good to see Kane getting a bigger and more prominant role that Batista did earlier in the season. I liked that there was a very enjoyable action sequence in it, plus Lois in tight red latex was definitely interesting but part of me was more interested in Kane's back story, because I would have liked knowing why the kryptians would seemingly create non kryptionian genetically engineer soldiers.
            Did they say he was a genetically engineered super soldier made by Kryptonians? I must have missed that. I thought he was just imprisoned in the phantom zone and knew who Kryptonians were. I don't think originality is a word these writers know about, how many meteor freaks or Luthor-Corp experiments can Clark fight? Oh wait now he's fighting an army of both? Sometimes I wonder why I still watch. I wonder if they hired the writers from Scooby-Doo.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              Did they say he was a genetically engineered super soldier made by Kryptonians? I must have missed that. I thought he was just imprisoned in the phantom zone and knew who Kryptonians were. I don't think originality is a word these writers know about, how many meteor freaks or Luthor-Corp experiments can Clark fight? Oh wait now he's fighting an army of both? Sometimes I wonder why I still watch. I wonder if they hired the writers from Scooby-Doo.
              They didn't say he was created by Kryptonians, but considering he had a Kryptonian tattoo saying that he was he was "a warrior, enhanced for combat". If he's that dangerous, I can't see the Kryptonians adding a tattoo to him if they were just going to send him to the Phantom Zone. It's more than likely something that was added after he was changed.

sigpic

Comment

D'oh I just read your post again and you said non-Kryptonian. Well Kryptonians were only as strong as humans when they were on Krypton. So to have a soldier who's as strong as Kryptonians on Earth would be a huge advantage, perhaps for Zod? Maybe he was working for the Kryptonians and then became too dangerous. Then again maybe that tattoo was added after he was thrown in the zone, by another prisoner. Hey wasn't Doomsday a genetically enhanced superweapon from Krypton?
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  What bugs me is how easily everyone gets knocked out in this show.
                  People get knocked out only if they're severely injured. Usually, if someone blacks out from a hit, it means they're in critical condition.
                  Too often in Smallville, someone gets hit, falls over, and is conveniently "out" for the rest of the scene, whether it's Lana missing Clark's secret, just another guard down, or even someone who just doesn't fit into the scene's dialogue. The writers should consider this more closely before using "getting knocked out" for everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X