No announcement yet.

Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could as eloquent as Mulgrew...
    She's a fantastic speaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoztkJcgo7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu6C4qFOY8s

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      There's a Voyager appreciation thread, but I thought it might be fun to specifically discuss the actress who plays Captain Janeway. Her now being on The Black Donnellys reminds me of how much I enjoy her acting.
      Anyone else like KM?
      She the best captain... period.

Archer, Kirk, Picard, and Sisko have nothing on here.

Comment

Frankly...I've identified more with Janeway...even as a man...than any other Captain. It's like she was just right.

Kirk was too Cocky
        Picard was too diplomatic
        Sisko too ....dramatic...

Janeway knew when to fight and when to bargain with the devil.

Comment

Has anyone seen the new medical show "Mercy?" Kate Mulgrew plays the mom of the lead character. I've watched a couple of times just for her.
          Quoting myself I've decided I really don't like the show, but this week I taped it so I could watch KM's scenes. The family scenes are really the only thing I find worth watching. KM's character is quite the "character."

Comment

She's also a voice of a character in Dragon Age:Origins.
            "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
              lol say what you will about Janeway positive or negative, but she did not know when to fight.

---

Kirk: "Fire phasers!"
              Bridge crew: "But they haven't even--"
              Kirk: "FIRE!"

---

Picard: "I've got the biggest most advanced, toughest ship in the fleet. Do you really want to tango with me?"

---

Bridge crew: "Ship coming into range"
              *Defiant gets hit by a single unimpressive shot*
              Sisko: "DESTROY THAT SHIP"

---

Bridge crew: "Ship coming into range"
              Janeway: "Hailing frequencies... I'm Captain Janeway of a Federation you've never even heard of, much less give a crap about"
              Bridge crew: "No response, they're locking weapons"
              Janeway: "Continue hailing on all frequencies and languages"
              Bridge crew: "They're firing"
              Janeway: "Hail harder"
              *five minutes later, Voyager shot to hell and the bridge falling apart around her*
              Janeway: "Lock phasers on their weapon systems, try to disable them without causing any other damage"

Last edited by DigiFluid; 15 March 2010, 09:43 AM.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

and as a last resort, she will turn into Lt. Ellen Ripley, destroy alien invasion force on her ship all alone, and if that fails, she will ram the whole damn ship against the *******s who were behind it's demise.
                "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                  and as a last resort, she will turn into Lt. Ellen Ripley, destroy alien invasion force on her ship all alone, and if that fails, she will ram the whole damn ship against the *******s who were behind it's demise.
                  LOL! So true!! But she had her moments of finesse, too. She may have been a bit naive about the diplomacy sometimes, but I liked that she wasn't afraid to fight back or make the right deal when she had to.

P.S. Definitely OT, but I *love* your signature! That's gotta be one of the best SG-1 bloopers/pranks ever! "You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmic... now you're Mr. MacUseless!" Cracks me up every time.

Comment

Latest message from Kate:
                    http://www.totallykate.com/opms0110.html

Comment

ops in and waves hello:

So I think I found a thread where I can feel at home... my three Goddesses are Kate, Amanda Tapping and Mary McDonnell (although not in any particular order).

I could quite easily babble on about any of the given three for hours, but instead I will say this in regards to Kate:

Amazing actress, voice that I could listen to for hours (hence having Mosaic and two other audio books she's done on my iTunes), so very talented and what a humanitarian.

Cannot wait to meet her in just over 5 weeks.
                      sigpic

Comment

^I've listened to an audio book by her and she does a great job. Is she appearing at a con?

Comment

^I've listened to an audio book by her and she does a great job. Is she appearing at a con?
                          She'll be at Collectormania in Milton Keynes 28th to 31st May. It's the first time I will have the chance to meet her
                          sigpic

Comment

^cool. You'll have to report to us.

Comment

^cool. You'll have to report to us.
                              I plan to and I'll be tweeting like mad during the con (when I'm not too busy hyperventilating at meeting Kate)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                                So true.

Comment

Working...
                                X