Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    lol say what you will about Janeway positive or negative, but she did not know when to fight.

---

Kirk: "Fire phasers!"
    Bridge crew: "But they haven't even--"
    Kirk: "FIRE!"

---

Picard: "I've got the biggest most advanced, toughest ship in the fleet. Do you really want to tango with me?"

---

Bridge crew: "Ship coming into range"
    *Defiant gets hit by a single unimpressive shot*
    Sisko: "DESTROY THAT SHIP"

---

Bridge crew: "Ship coming into range"
    Janeway: "Hailing frequencies... I'm Captain Janeway of a Federation you've never even heard of, much less give a crap about"
    Bridge crew: "No response, they're locking weapons"
    Janeway: "Continue hailing on all frequencies and languages"
    Bridge crew: "They're firing"
    Janeway: "Hail harder"
    *five minutes later, Voyager shot to hell and the bridge falling apart around her*
    Janeway: "Lock phasers on their weapon systems, try to disable them without causing any other damage"

Hey, there is nothing wrong with diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
    and as a last resort, she will turn into Lt. Ellen Ripley, destroy alien invasion force on her ship all alone, and if that fails, she will ram the whole damn ship against the *******s who were behind it's demise.
    I'f your ganna go out, why not in a bang

Quote Originally Posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post

and because it's a large image
    Spoiler:
    Oh thats brilliant, see what happens when you ask for directions.......

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Okay so I posted this to LiveJournal but I thought I'd give the people here a chance as well:

I know a lot of people have something they would like to say to Kate but due to cost of getting to conventions and conventions in general they feel like they would never get the chance and for those of us who have written fanmail there is always that nagging doubt that it never got to her. So here is what I'm proposing: a DVD for Kate which I will happily give to her at Collectormania 16. Our way of saying thank you to her for being the inspiration that she is.

If you want to participate in the DVD (which I will happily edit together), these are sort of things I'm looking for:

Recorded messages (these can either be video or audio)

Fanvids and graphics that are tributes to the amazing woman herself.

1 picture of everyone who chooses to participate - I'm thinking of putting a slide show at the end to music.

If you want to send a message but can't record it and can only send via text, that's fine too, I'd add it to the slide show of pictures.

In order to get the DVD ready in time, I'd need all submissions emailed to me no later than Saturday May 1st 2010. This will give me time to get it together and ready for Collectormania.

All submissions should be emailed to [email protected] with "Kate DVD" as the title to the email.

Cross-posted to relevant places but feel free to share with others.

Today is Kate Mulgrew's birthday, and what better way to show our love for the woman than to donate to Alzheimer's?

Follow the link - Donate for Kate and make a donation, in a month's time we'll be letting Kate know exactly how much has been raised at CM16.

Oh and a reminder to anyone still wanting to participate in the Fan DVD to be given to her at CM16, I need your fanvids/graphics/audio messages and pics by this weekend.

To those who were considering sending me a contribution for Kate's fan DVD, I'm extending the deadline by a week, so I need all contributions by next Saturday. I'd love to have as many as is humanly possible, even if you only have time to send a wallpaper, a quick message in text and a picture of yourself.

Nat

The artist Martin Firrell has apparently done some art of Kate Mulgrew in addition to the actors Gateworld had mention on the home page so here is the link: http://www.martinfirrell.com/katemulgrew/

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Air Force Chief of Staff Mr.MacGadget's Avatar

Thanks for the link, planet_tv! Such a great video btw, I never seen her in an interview before. ( Which is odd cause she plays my favorite ST captain LOL ) And she's cool! And I agree with her on this subject.

EDIT: LOL, there was more than one video! I clicked on the sex-subject one only , that's what I meant earlier.
    Last edited by Mr.MacGadget; August 15th, 2010 at 03:35 AM.

It says there that she created the first & only female starship Captain in the Star Trek universe. Not true. There have been others, just not as a series regular.

Air Force Chief of Staff Mr.MacGadget's Avatar

Well, she said 'she was the first girl in the seat' I think she meant that as a leading character, Janeway was the first girl.

Anyone hear anything about what KM is up to lately?

Mercy, NTSF, and voicing Flemeth in both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

With Warehouse 13 starting back up Monday I thought this tidbit was interesting in terms of some guest appearances for the new season...
    Kate Mulgrew as Warehouse protector, Jane.
    source
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

^ooh, I may have to make sure to watch. Thanks for the info.

Kate Mulgrew will be on Warehouse 13 Monday August 29 at 9pm EST then again 12am EST. The preview didn't say guest starting Kate Mulgrew but I did see her in it.
    According to an article I saw linked on IMDB from August 24 she will be in 4 episodes:
    http://www.buzzfocus.com/2011/08/24/...-warehouse-13/

Here's the promo:

Here's a link to a SYFY sneak peak for the episode The 40th Floor with Kate Mulgrew in it:

Spoiler:

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

If onewants to appreciate the sheer awesomeness that was Kate Mulgrew, you must admit she:

I'm not too fussed about the background stuff, or many paths Voyager took,but Kate Played Janeway like Patrick played Picard, and I'll always apreciate that.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Just a reminder: Kate Mulgrew will be in Monday September 12's Warehouse 13 at 9pm EST and then again at 12am EST.

First Lieutenant Galileo_Galilee's Avatar

I definitely believe she was a better choice for the part than Bujold.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    From the clips I saw in the extras, I second that.

I just thought I would pop in here and post this now before I forget. (all times in this post are EST.)

Just a reminder: Kate Mulgrew will be in Monday October 3's Warehouse 13 season finale. The episode according to SYFY is called Emily Lake/stand and is a two hour finale. It will air at 9pm - 11pm and then it will be repeated at 11pm - 1am.

There will also be a marathon that same day of Warehouse 13. The 40th Floor will be shown at 6pm as part of that marathon followed by Shadows at 7pm .

Monday September 26 The 40th Floor will be on at 8:30am followed by Shadows at 9:30am. Shadows will also be on later that day at 11pm so if you missed any of these episodes or want to watch them again you have plenty of times to do so.

I just thought I would mention that the SYFY channel will be doing a Warehouse 13 marathon and will be reairing all 4 episodes with Kate Mulgrew in it on Dec 9. Episode titles: The 40th Floor, Shadows, Emily Lake and Stand.

For the times see this post:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...7#post13035067

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    You know what I find really scary?

Having seen that Bujold stuff--I completely agree. Even though I think Mulgrew a terrible actress and her character was horribly, horribly written.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast