Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    I can't stand Martha's mum.
    Ditto. This series treats the main character women so badly. They're all goddesses and b*****s, or however that saying goes, and their whole reason for being is finding a man. (Now *there's* a "gay agenda" for you.)

I was thrilled that Martha was a medical student, but when was the last time she breathed a word concerning medicine or exobiology or science or...? C'mon, *real* medical students live and breathe it!
    Last edited by Wordsmit2; 20 August 2007, 08:41 AM. Reason: quote marks
    Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      I liked this one. Quite strange to see the Doctor scared (frightenedas opposed to just worried that the enemy will defeat him); I can't remember that happenning before.

Michelle Collins was good, so were all the rest of the crew. Martha's Mum's a cool baddie .

For once I was less scared of the ep than were my young sons
      When he fought Setek he was scared
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Thankfully, this episode was better than Evolution of the Daleks, but not by that much. (Besides what isn't better than that thing.)

I suppose countdowns and explosions excite some folks, but I am not one of them. It is rather hard to think "Oh the Doctor might die" when you know that he is in the episode for next week. Perhaps the BBC needs to keep a better handle on the staff change rumors because "Doctor-in-peril" episodes don't work well mid-season otherwise.

I, too, found the Satan's pit recycling obvious and rather annoying. I get that the budget is limited, and I, honestly, don't care when the corridors look the same, because they are corridors; however, I mind when the bridge from SP is the damaged engine, and DT wears the same space suit. It doesn't help that the Doctor lost the Tardis just like he did in SP too. He needs to pick better places to park.

If they were going to recycle, I would have preferred a bit more of a mix up. Why can't Martha wear the space suit? I also agree that the sun entity was interesting, but it has been done before. Plus, the sun needed better lines: "Burn with me" sounds like a bad pickup line most days.

I, too, dislike Martha's mother, but it was Martha bothering me this week. I liked when she got stuck in the pod and her role at the end of the episode, but I didn't appreciate her "oh my gosh, I could die speech" since she had one of those a few weeks ago. A woman this smart with her detailed future plans should consider these things. I could understand the first speech because like Rose, she got caught up in events racing around her, but her inability to figure out the risks and rewards is starting to bug me. She's too smart to act this dumb. She didn't even pack any clothes at the end of the last episode. Even Rose got that part right.

A meh episode. 6/10.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I rewatched this episode yesterday.

It was really touching to see the doctor being in such a distress, when he screamed "I'm scared. I'm so scared."
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Yeah, the best bits about this ep were to see the more human side of the Doctor as well as Martha kicking butt, and of course the name. All references to THHGTTG are good.
            sigpic

Comment

Reminded me too much of one of my least favorite movies, Sunshine...
              sigpic

Comment

Overall: I liked the episode. Would re-watch. Entertaining adventure in a broken down ship with a crew that is obviously hiding something and on top of that there seems to be a disease that is spreading and it even affected the Doctor.

Meh: The guest characters were not interesting apart from the Captain and the guy who likes Martha.

Liked: David Tennant. The random quiz to open the doors. Mystery of who was trying to trace Martha's call. Visuals/production looks better. Martha noticing another man other than the Doctor.

Most Memorable Moment: The reveal that the star/sun was sentient. That is awesome. That is so sci-fi.

Comment

Working...
                X