No announcement yet.

Blink (2910/310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say that the preview to this made me think...wtf.

1. Then you had that sequence when Cathy gets transported to 1920! First I thought the guy at the door was the power behind the angels!

2. "They make you live to death". That's one way of putting it, though you 'live to death' whatever era you get old in. What makes them bad guys is the fact that they throw you back in time, make you live a life you weren't supposed to live.

3. The Easter egg thing wasn't a bad idea.

4. The warped casuality thing is the maddest paradox I've seen for a while.

Overall, Family of Blood has the edge on it but it blow ten tons of cack out of Love and Monsters and is deffo one of the better eps this season.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I think its safe to say we will be seeing these nasties again very very scary.
      No doubt kids everywhere will be having nightmares even now.

Comment

Wow.

And, wow, the shots and pace for the cutting when the four nasties were closing in on them at the TARDIS was exceptional.
        scarimor

Comment

I think that the episode began a little slow and confusing, but when it picked up it became utterly fantastic. The whole idea of the villians was scary and amazing, but my one question is that he tricked them into staring at each other in the end....so what if the light goes off? And what if there's a power cut?
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
            <DIV ALIGN=LEFT><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#888888">DOCTOR WHO SERIES 29</FONT>
            <FONT SIZE=4><!A HREF="http://www.gateworld.net/doctorwho/s29/index.shtml#2910" STYLE="text-decoration: none">Blink</A></FONT>
            <FONT SIZE=1>EPISODE NUMBER - 2910</FONT>
            FAIL.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              FAIL.
              Ssshhhhhhh! We were pretending not to notice!
              scarimor

Comment

Great stuff! I loved it! The idea of weeping angel statues being villains is a stroke of genius. I haven't been this creeped out by DW since The Empty Child.

Much better than Love and Monsters.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                  I think that the episode began a little slow and confusing, but when it picked up it became utterly fantastic. The whole idea of the villians was scary and amazing, but my one question is that he tricked them into staring at each other in the end....so what if the light goes off? And what if there's a power cut?
                  You bring up an interesting point. Plus the angels blew the light bulb before the tardis de-materialized. hmmm, going to have to re-watch that particular bit.

Though, they were in close proximity to each other, and you can usually see stuff closer to you in the dark.

Comment

Gruesome #2 screamed and jumped about 3 feet onto my knee and held on tight for about the last third of the ep

but how fantastic was that? RTD - go away now and let someone else take over... who could do it??
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Fan-frakkin-tastic ep! Those "Doctor Lite eps sux" folks are sure eating their words.

I don't think this replaces Empty Child/Doctor Dances as best ever, but it's on the same pedestal. Wow. Great, freaky concept. I think we even have a weeping angel in our cemetery. Next time I'm there, I'm not taking my eyes off it.

VERY well-done, IMO. Good, sympathetic characters acting with reasonable intelligence and a fun, bizarre puzzle of a story.

So do you think that the Doctor (and Martha) got zapped back to 1969 while they were on their "hunt" or do you think that they acted on the info Sally gave them by going to check out the house and getting zapped then? 'twould explain why the TARDIS was picked up in front of it.

I also wonder what the logic is of when the angels send someone back. Best Friend gets zapped back to 1920 but the Doctor (and Martha) and DI Wossname get sent to 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        (inc Random Shoes)
                        Er... I know what you mean but RS was Torchwood not Doctor Who.

Anyway... nicely done, I jumped a couple of times, I really loved the set up, the premise and the over all feel of the episode, you may have been fooled into believing as the time ticked by and no Doctor that this was a filler ep... but you would be incredibly WRONG! Just like L&M this ep relied on the actors, the script and a sense of anything is possible, and imho just like L&M it worked in spades.

The only annoying thing *and given we post on forums I think we all know why they do it* was the over explanation of things. I am happy to just go with the flow in most eps, I don't need to be talked down to with endless bits of information that really is only there to shut up the over zealous *nit picking* fans.

Huh, I never knew the T.A.R.D.I.S could do that.

I am going out to get a t-shirt printed up right now. "The Angels have the phone box!"

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                          No doubt kids everywhere will be having nightmares even now.
                          Yep, that's what I thought. What with the scary scarecrows last week and now the statues!! Especially with how they ended the episode as well....lots of clips of the various statues around the UK. Can't trust 'em!!

Fabulous story...and what a brilliant, original idea. I've never seen a scifi tale like that before.

Well done to everyone involved. I watched this one with a friend who hasn't watched Dr Who for years 'cos he thought it was kids' stuff. His comment was 'Wow! This show is much more polished these days isn't it?' I agree!

Comment

I forgot to add... next week... Squeeeeee!!!!!

*sorry but if not in here, where?!*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              I am going out to get a t-shirt printed up right now. "The Angels have the phone box!"
                              I'll second that.

Not much I can say about this ep - just all-round pure dead brilliant.
                              sigpic
                              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Do forgive me, please, I'm gone to worshipa t the alter of Steven Moffatt

Brilliant, sheer brilliance. That's three in a row. Not bad, even for Doctor Who

Huh, at the shirt gag, if I'm not mistaken it is an actual gag as there were "Are you my mummy" t-shirts..... or so I've been told
                                oh, and the "why don't they ever go to the police" bit, lovely!

The DVD conversation thanks to the wibbley-ness of time was fantastic, too.Hell, the entire concept was amazing, and the performance, and.... well, I adore Doctor Who ,what can I say.

(As for Love & Monsters, I adored that one as well. )

*goes jumping up & down in anticipation for next week... what am I gonna do when July comes?! *
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X