The Family of Blood (2909/309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
    i agree with all of what u said. It just goes to show be careful what u wish for they wished to live forever and they got it.
    LOL so if I wish for Amy Pond ito materialize in my house I might get it

If only that were true........
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

lol true. but who knows if u were around the doctor at the time u may well get it
      sigpic

Comment

Okay ep, even if the Doctor's decision took far too long to make...
        sigpic

Comment

What was the point of The Family? I take it others of their race do the same rot for their kids. What's the deal with them?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I haven't read all the post in this thread so sorry if someone already posted something similar.
            I wondered why would The Doctor punish them in the way he did?
            It seemed out of character in a way.
            Then I thought, that's what Rasilon did to Time Lords who sought immortality as revealed in 'The Five Doctors'! The Family where after immortality so The Doctor gave it to them and in so doing put them out of the way!
            This two parter now makes more sense to me instead of being very good but weird episodes
            Last edited by FennerMachine; 03 September 2012, 12:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Overall: Amazing conclusion to the last episode. At his core, the Doctor is a hero even if he is in human form. John Smith still chose to do the heroic thing, with a little push from his human companion the Matron.

Liked: Everything John Smith.

Disliked: Martha being in love with the Doctor.

Most Memorable Moments: The Doctor's punishment of the Family while being narrated by Baines. "I've seen him, he's like fire and ice and rage, he's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun, he's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe, and... He's wonderful".

Comment

Originally posted by FennerMachine View Post
                I haven't read all the post in this thread so sorry if someone already posted something similar.
                I wondered why would The Doctor punish them in the way he did?
                It seemed out of character in a way.
                Then I thought, that's what Rasilon did to Time Lords who sought immortality as revealed in 'The Five Doctors'! The Family where after immortality so The Doctor gave it to them and in so doing put them out of the way!
                This two parter now makes more sense to me instead of being very good but weird episodes
                I don't think it was out of character for this Doctor at all. He said more than once that there are no second chances. He also said that he used to be more merciful when he was younger.

He was being kind to the Family by hiding and waiting out the 3 months it would take for the Family to die. But, the Family had to go and kill and hurt so many innocent people just to feed on his life force to become immortal. So, he punished them by giving them immortality but in prison forever. I don't think that's vindictive at all. He is just being the Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                X