No announcement yet.

The Lazarus Experiment (2906/306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. A human genetic trigger that causes monsterism. Yeah right.

2. Did like the Doctor passing on his experience of long life.

3. The dodgy security geezer badmouthing the Doctor, Torchwood or worse? Probably worse given the references to "Mr Saxon" and we all know the rumours about him!

4. Family, understandable snark given that Martha has changed overnight.

5. Decent way to make Martha a TARDIS regular.

Overall, pretty solid, possibly has the edge over the Dalek eps, still have Shakespeare code as best ep of the season so far though.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
      A cracking trailer at the end. I wonder what the Doctor meant in the trailer when he said 'I am not the Doctor'. Possibly a human duplicate, someone just impersonating the Doctor for all this time or something else completely different.
      That trailer had me seriously wondering about what goes on in the next ep - there seemed to be a couple of moments where
      Spoiler:
      the Dr didn't seem to be the Dr (the bit where he's asking ?Martha (I think?) "What does he *do* for you?" etc) and made me start wondering if we're looking at some kind of mind swap thing? There's also that clip of him screaming with some kind of apparatus on his head... Dammit! Two weeks!

1 for the shippers:
      In the trailer, who do you think was
      Spoiler:
      kissing Jack when he woke up and said what he did?
      I was assuming that clip meant
      Spoiler:
      someone had been giving Jack CPR?

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
      When the Doctor did a double-take and re-materialised, my faith in Doctor Who had been restored. It was business as usual. And thank goodness for that after the very disappointing two part Dalek story.
      Heh. Me too. I totally called it... as the Tardis started to reappear, I actually said to hubby, "It'll be 'Hang on, did he just say "reinvent the human race?"'"

I really enjoyed this ep. It had all the humour, pace, action, drama and pathos that was missing from the last two episodes. One of my faves this series I think...
      sigpic

Comment

Great ep, vast improvement over last week. 'S funny, but I saw something on Discovery Channel a few weeks (months?) back about the Early Early stages of life on Earth and there was something that could have been a small cousin to the scorpion thing Lazarus became. Junk DNA indeed.

The real treasure, of course, was in the preview. OMG! Taunting us with snippets from the whole rest of the season! AAUUGHH!

Spoiler:
        YAY! JACK! *HUGGLES* Back where he belongs. And the scary Scarecrow Men. And JOHN FRAKKING SIMM!! WOOHOO!

I'm hopelessly muddled on the whole Saxon issue, though I suppose regeneration could solve some of those questions.

I still say the Evil Old Man from the Torchwood finale ties into things (I'm hopelessly stubborn about this) and if so that might explain the Doctor not being the Docotor (EOM could cause people to "see" loved ones).

Frakking Eurovision...

Comment

i liked this ep lot more then i thought. i thought it was just going to be a avrge ep. the monster looked cool remind me of the mosters on doom3 a little. loved the line about how it took long to revse the porlite and when the doctor had to trun the sound to 11. it sucks about haveing to wait 2 weeks for the next ep it looks really good.

Comment

How dare they put that preview there! I can't even remember this ep now.

*yay*

spoilers for next ep/s
            Spoiler:
            Capt Jack, but um, why? I thought he wasn't due until the last ep? And well this isn't the last ep. So he is in more then one ep? Not that I am complaining or anything.

Back to this ep, I liked it, at least it had humour and The Doctor in his glasses *g* I couldn't quite follow it but that may have been becasue half way through I had to go out so I watched it in two parts.

Why do the mother's have to be so over-bearing???? I mean one was enough without this one being even worse! And it is not like their daughters are little girls, over-protective much?

I must be one of the few who has managed to avoid almost all the spoilers around Mr Saxon, I have a vauge idea of who or what he is meant to be but that is it.

Over-all from what I can recall this was a much, much better episode then the last couple and thankfully it looks like the show just had a small hiccup and is OK again.

*goes away to wait two weeks*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              spoilers for next ep/s
              Spoiler:
              Capt Jack, but um, why? I thought he wasn't due until the last ep? And well this isn't the last ep. So he is in more then one ep? Not that I am complaining or anything.
              Spoiler:
              Jack is in the last three episodes. I'm assuming that since we saw clips of John Simm there too that means they've shown us clips of every remaining story at least (with 2 two parters to come we've got 5 stories over 7 episodes).
              sigpic
              by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                Spoiler:
                Jack is in the last three episodes. I'm assuming that since we saw clips of John Simm there too that means they've shown us clips of every remaining story at least (with 2 two parters to come we've got 5 stories over 7 episodes).
                Yeah that is what I was beginning to think... that this preview was for the remaining eps.

Spoiler:
                Not that I mind waiting, waiting for Capt Jack is becoming a past time of mine. And I did see the clip on Parkinson for the next ep and it didn't meld with what was in this preview.

Are we sure Capt Jack is in all three eps? I thought it was now only one?

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Are we sure Capt Jack is in all three eps? I thought it was now only one?
                  Spoiler:
                  Yup. Somewhere I've got the scan from the Radio Times with the episode guide written by RTD. Jack's back in ep 11 'Utopia' guest staring along with Derek Jacobi. Then he sticks around for for eps 12/13 too. I assume he leaves at the end of them since he's needed back for Torchwood season 2.
                  sigpic
                  by Kaaatie

Comment

Why do the mother's have to be so over-bearing???? I mean one was enough without this one being even worse! And it is not like their daughters are little girls, over-protective much?
                    I take it you don't have daughters? I'm nearly 40 and my mother still asks me if I'm sure I'll be warm enough with out my cardigan and I'm exactly the same with my daughter, you can generally find me hovering by the garden gate if she's more than five minutes late home from school.

Anyway I digress

This is what we've been waiting for, Hokey Monsters, men who want to take over the world for profit and screaming assistants. At long bloody last a Dr Who episode of old, this was great stuff and more than made up for the disappointment of the last two weeks and a thousand curses on the BBC and Terry Wogan. I could have done without the Phantom of Southwark Cathederal and more of the Holier Than Thou preaching from the Doctor, I'm getting really sick of the preaching now. I too thought Thelma Barlow was going to have a bigger part, or maybe she'll be back, somehow.

And as for the preview...blow up Helsinki and give us the next ep of Dr Who

And as for who kissed Capt Jack...
                    Spoiler:
                    My money is on the Doctor, we all know Jack swings both ways

Edit How could I forget mentioning me chuckling at the 'Reversing the Polarity' gag
                    Last edited by Reefgirl; 06 May 2007, 04:01 AM.

Comment

I dunno what was better, Martha's mum slapping the Doctor (and his response, huh!) or him reversing the polarity...

Oh, yeah, I know what was the best part, the preview...

But, preview aside, the episode was fantastic. Mark Gattiss is definitely a better actor than he is a writer, cough. and I liked the crab, really well done. And Martha's dysfunctional family. I dunno, I like their dysfunctional families!

As for the trailer...

Spoiler:
                      1 for the shippers:
                      In the trailer, who do you think was kissing Jack when he woke up and said what he did?
                      Spoiler:
                      The Doctor. That's my version and I'm sticking to it (til proven otherwise )
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        Edit How could I forget mentioning me chuckling at the 'Reversing the Polarity' gag
                        I was the only person in my house who got that.

Edit: Oh I completely forgot, when the lady was drained of her life energy by the evil guy, who else thought of the Wraith, the victims even looked the same.
                        Last edited by pbellosom; 06 May 2007, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          Edit: Oh I completely forgot, when the lady was drained of her life energy by the evil guy, who else thought of the Wraith, the victims even looked the same.
                          I have to admit I did think 'Wraith Victim'

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            him reversing the polarity...
                            That was awesome, nearly as good as the Spinal Tap reference!

I also loved the effects of Captain Monster-face falling from the top of the church cathedral to the floor. It just seemed flawless. Really felt the impact. Excellent ep.

The highlight was obviously the trailer at the end though.
                            Spoiler:
                            I didn't think I could buy Sam Tyler as an evil do-er but that creepy smile... And then the lifeless tapping of the desk. I can't wait...
                            Last edited by Anubis69; 06 May 2007, 06:55 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

About the tapping - possible spoilers

Spoiler:
                              I'm guessing that wasn't lifeless tapping, notice how it sounded like drums, and Saxon was the only one awake in the room, cabinet room it looked like. And the penultimate ep of the season is called "The Sound of Drums"

Looked pretty creepy and sinister though, loved it!

Comment

Glad to see Who's back on form. Much more like it.
                                And as for the trailer, words fail me. If all that is coming next week I'd better start my deep breathing exercises now.
                                sigpic
                                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Working...
                                X