No announcement yet.

Human Nature (2908/308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole purpose of Torchwood, IMHO is to let the writers, RTD in particular, get all the smut/slash/sex/schoolboy fantasies out of their system, maybe when this happens they'll get down to the serious writing and Torchwood will be worth watching

Comment

I have nothing against sex in shows,
      Spoiler:

and in Torchwood it was nothing compared to some other shows I have seen This Life, Queer as Folk to name but two, the main problem with Torchwood was the lack of real content when it came to the stories, and what motivated the people into behaving the way they did, I can watch almost anything if I know the characters motivation... most of the time with Torchwood I was scratching my head at the stupid things they did, then again I do that with SGA, and sometimes with Mythbusters!

I do think Random shoes was a great little ep, and the last two I have happily re-watched many times but yeah 3 eps out of a series is not a lot to hang your hat on.

I think Torchwood series one was the TV equivalent of a 'crack!fic' and mostly that is how I viewed it.

*Don't we have a thread for this!*

Comment

LOVED this ep. I think it's my favourite of series three yet. Loved human-teacher-doctor, and all the other guest characters were very good (no one cringe-worthy ). They way the family just cocked their heads to the side like that was creepy. The hour went by amazingly fast (I was shocked when the end came, I figured there was at least another fifteen or twenty left) and I felt like screaming when the preview came on because I want to see "Family of Blood" NOW!

Comment

I agree with Trek Girl. Human Nature is also my favorite of Series 3 so far.

Of course, I've got all kinds of questions which will most likely be answered in Family of Blood. Like, who is the Family of Blood? Why do they need a Time Lord? What happens to all that Doctor essence floating out of the watch? and so on....

The Doctor as a human was just as adorable as ever. And, my heart ached for Martha as she carried their secret alone. And on top of that, she had to endure racial slurs and experience the British class system first hand.

And I just LOATHE scarecrows..they really disturb me. So the Family using them as their henchmen was very creepy for me.

The Doctor's love interest seems alright. At least, she seems a good fit with his human version. Where that will lead, who knows?

Anyway, Human Nature is excellent and I can't wait for part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
            The Doctor's love interest seems alright. At least, she seems a good fit with his human version. Where that will lead, who knows?
            I agree- I actually really liked her. Shockingly enough.

And that scarecrow waving was insanely creepy.

Comment

This was so much better than last week! I liked this episode. It was a little slow, but it picked up.

I'm still not a fan of Martha's crush on the Doctor, but that is my only major complaint this episode. The writing was good; the actors performed well; and yes, the head-at-an-angle thing was creepy.

Darn SciFi for making us wait two weeks.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

No one is a fan of Martha's crush on the Doctor. Methinks

Yeah they have the tendency to shooting stuff at times with really bizzare angles. I love it *sniffles*
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  I agree- I actually really liked her. Shockingly enough.
                  I was re-watching these eps last night and I finally realised where I knew her from, SPACED one of my fave comedies... dam, I am so crap at remembering things. (btw she appeared in a small scene in SPACED
                  Spoiler:
                  with John Simm

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    No one is a fan of Martha's crush on the Doctor. Methinks

Yeah they have the tendency to shooting stuff at times with really bizzare angles. I love it *sniffles*
                    Why was Rose's crush ok, but not Martha's?

Rose was always more whiney about it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

I was no fan of Rose and Martha's crushes on the Doctor. Oh I wish I could've crushed both those crushes!
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

Because they're different characters perhaps?

I didn't mind it too much with Rose, it suited the character, and I wouldn't use the word whiney to describe it. Rose was younger, didn't have a lot of anything especially exciting to look forward to in her life before she met The Doctor. But with Martha it doesn't make much sense- she's a highly educated woman, quite wise in just about everything else, obviously excited to become a doctor, she'd have had a promising job if he hadn't shown up, so it doesn't make sense that her Doctor crush should drag on so long- a couple of episodes of infatuation upon first meeting him would be understandable, but it should have ended after Gridlock. Because she otherwise doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would keep such unrealistic hopes. The Doctor took Rose from what she realized wasn't much of a life- so it would make sense for Rose's feelings to increase as time went on and she realized that there was more out there and better things to do. Martha had a lot more going for her before The Doctor came, because she was already set to do something to make the world better.

If any of that makes sense.

Comment

[quote=Reefgirl;6707402]

Spoiler:
                          The background music when the scarecrows pounced on the girl with the ballon is the same as the music used whenever the creepy schoolgirl in RotD appeared

ROTD??????????? ????????????

And by the way series three is nearly over for me hehe. On the last DVD right now. The one thing that truly annoyed me was Martha's bloody family. Wish the F.O.B. had gone to the future and whacked them, especially the annoying mother. I'd happily put up with whiny Rose's family but Martha's was ANNOYING....
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

This was the first episode of Who I think I ever saw.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

I don't mind Martha's crush on the doctor, seems I'm one of the few who doesn't. Rose's crush bothered me mainly because she kept stringing Mickey along, and he put up with it. But Martha's mother's definitely a piece of work.

All those schoolkids are so creepy, including the boy who stole the Doctor's watch.
                              sigpic

Comment

Overall: Wonderful episode. Would watch again and again. The Doctor hiding from evil aliens by becoming human? I am so in. I get to see what the Doctor would be as a human and without the baggage of his painful memories.

Liked: Daivd Tennant. The story premise. The setting. The visuals and production. Creepy aliens and scarecrows and little girls. Invisible alien space ship. Martha being an amazing companion.

Disliked: Not much. Maybe the inside of the ship could be better. Martha being in love with the Doctor.

Most Memorable Moment: Everything John Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X