• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human Nature (2908/308)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 29
    HUMAN NATURE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2908

Pursued by a family of parasitic aliens desiring to consume his Time Lord essence, the Doctor takes the drastic step of making himself human so that he can hide out in 1913 England. But he does not plan on falling in love.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:39 PM.

AAAAAARGH I don't want to have to wait a whole week to see how it ends

Great ep though

Madeleine

Comment

I know, I loved it too

Comment

If I say that the best thing about that episode was the shade of green they used it sounds like I'm insulting the episode but it was and I'm not. I loved the episode but that was such a great green especially in the gun.

I'm confused about the kid who took the watch, is he randomly telepathic or is there a reason to it? Now that the kid has opened the watch is he now the Doctor because he seems to be having Doctor flash backs and is the watch actually the Doctor because it's talking to the kid?

When the kid had that war flash back, was that a vision of the future or one of the Doctor's memories? If it was the Doctor's memories it seems like he was killed at the end to me, is that how the eighth Doctor died and, dare I say it, was that the Time War?

Oh, and who else spotted the Remembrance of the Daleks reference?

Comment

I was wondering if anyone saw what happened before the opening credits, if anything? Usually they have a scene before the credits start and I missed it... Could someone tell me what happened please?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom
            *Puts hand in air* me me me, I did
            Spoiler:
            The background music when the scarecrows pounced on the girl with the ballon is the same as the music used whenever the creepy schoolgirl in RotD appeared

I loved this episode, it has everything a Classic Who has, schools, creepy schoolkids, alien and ray guns, the only thing missing is Dr 4, Sarah-Jane and K9. For once in my life I can't find a single fault. Next week's looks good too

Edit for FF, something fired a bolt of something into the Tardis, they Dr said something like They found me I'll have to hide and do you trust me Martha. Something along those lines anyway

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
              I spotted a lot of references, missed that one though, lucky i recorded it. The bit in the journal i liked was the faces of some of the previous doctors.

I did like this episode it was good, but i dont think it could hold a candle to the sata pit/impossible planet two parter. Was an entertaining episode, and i think all the good bits will be next week, cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours View Post
                I spotted a lot of references, missed that one though, lucky i recorded it. The bit in the journal i liked was the faces of some of the previous doctors.
                What other ones did you spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Edit for FF, something fired a bolt of something into the Tardis, they Dr said something like They found me I'll have to hide and do you trust me Martha. Something along those lines anyway
                  Great, thanks Reef

Comment

The cricket ball, personally I think it's a nod to Black Orchid but someone on another site thinks it's Four to Doomsday, I'm going to have to watch it again to look for more 'flashbacks'

Comment

What other ones did you spot?
                      I meant what was written and sketched in his journal. Would have been nice to see a sketch of the yeti, or something from the classic series anyway.

Comment

What Oh! Jolly spiffing tale. What. What.

First things first. The 1996 Doctor Who film is officially canon! Well, maybe not, but that sketch of Doctor number eight seemed to be more than just a nod as his picture was the most dominant compared to the sketches of the other Doctors. Let me just say, ARRGH! at the sketch of Rose in his diary and Martha more or less confessing that she's in love with the Doctor.

Nice to see a bit of a change and start off with a mystery. I'd a feeling that this was going to be part one of a two part episode due to the slow pacing. At first I thought Martha had lost her memory as well, but there was a little hint now and again that she was fully aware of who she was.

The little boy who has the watch containing the Doctor's "essence" looked to me as if he already had an ability to sense or see events in the future. Maybe opening the watch enhanced those latent abilities?

Spoiler:
                        It seems a bit daft to end the ep with a seemingly no-wins situation, only to have next week's trailer show that they all got out of that predicament somehow unscathed.

I await with interest for the resolution to that cliffhanger.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Personally, I thought this was the best episode of season 3 to date. It was great seeing the Doctor as a normal person. I didn't mind Martha too much either, which makes a nice change Very, very good.

Comment

When the kid had that war flash back, was that a vision of the future or one of the Doctor's memories? If it was the Doctor's memories it seems like he was killed at the end to me, is that how the eighth Doctor died and, dare I say it, was that the Time War?
                            Looked like World War I to me. There seems to be more next week, judging by the preview for next week's DW Confidential.

Mostly a very good episode, although it dragged a bit for the first 15 minutes or so.
                            The scarecrows are cool.

The pics in the journal were neat. I couldn't tell who it was meant to be to the right of McCoy and McGann, though...

Next week...
                            Spoiler:
                            Small children! Several small children!

Comment

Did I spot a Sontaran in the Doctor's journal?

Comment

Working...
                              X