Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

GateWorld Human Nature (2908/308)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 29
    HUMAN NATURE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2908

Pursued by a family of parasitic aliens desiring to consume his Time Lord essence, the Doctor takes the drastic step of making himself human so that he can hide out in 1913 England. But he does not plan on falling in love.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 10th, 2011 at 03:39 PM.

Default Re: Human Nature (2908)

AAAAAARGH I don't want to have to wait a whole week to see how it ends

Great ep though

Madeleine

Major General

I know, I loved it too

First Lieutenant

If I say that the best thing about that episode was the shade of green they used it sounds like I'm insulting the episode but it was and I'm not. I loved the episode but that was such a great green especially in the gun.

I'm confused about the kid who took the watch, is he randomly telepathic or is there a reason to it? Now that the kid has opened the watch is he now the Doctor because he seems to be having Doctor flash backs and is the watch actually the Doctor because it's talking to the kid?

When the kid had that war flash back, was that a vision of the future or one of the Doctor's memories? If it was the Doctor's memories it seems like he was killed at the end to me, is that how the eighth Doctor died and, dare I say it, was that the Time War?

Oh, and who else spotted the Remembrance of the Daleks reference?

Major General

I was wondering if anyone saw what happened before the opening credits, if anything? Usually they have a scene before the credits start and I missed it... Could someone tell me what happened please?

Quote Originally Posted by pbellosom
    *Puts hand in air* me me me, I did
    Spoiler:
    The background music when the scarecrows pounced on the girl with the ballon is the same as the music used whenever the creepy schoolgirl in RotD appeared

I loved this episode, it has everything a Classic Who has, schools, creepy schoolkids, alien and ray guns, the only thing missing is Dr 4, Sarah-Jane and K9. For once in my life I can't find a single fault. Next week's looks good too

Edit for FF, something fired a bolt of something into the Tardis, they Dr said something like They found me I'll have to hide and do you trust me Martha. Something along those lines anyway

Quote Originally Posted by pbellosom View Post
    I spotted a lot of references, missed that one though, lucky i recorded it. The bit in the journal i liked was the faces of some of the previous doctors.

I did like this episode it was good, but i dont think it could hold a candle to the sata pit/impossible planet two parter. Was an entertaining episode, and i think all the good bits will be next week, cant wait.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by the_fours View Post
    I spotted a lot of references, missed that one though, lucky i recorded it. The bit in the journal i liked was the faces of some of the previous doctors.
    What other ones did you spot?

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Edit for FF, something fired a bolt of something into the Tardis, they Dr said something like They found me I'll have to hide and do you trust me Martha. Something along those lines anyway
    Great, thanks Reef

The cricket ball, personally I think it's a nod to Black Orchid but someone on another site thinks it's Four to Doomsday, I'm going to have to watch it again to look for more 'flashbacks'

What other ones did you spot?
    I meant what was written and sketched in his journal. Would have been nice to see a sketch of the yeti, or something from the classic series anyway.

What Oh! Jolly spiffing tale. What. What.

First things first. The 1996 Doctor Who film is officially canon! Well, maybe not, but that sketch of Doctor number eight seemed to be more than just a nod as his picture was the most dominant compared to the sketches of the other Doctors. Let me just say, ARRGH! at the sketch of Rose in his diary and Martha more or less confessing that she's in love with the Doctor.

Nice to see a bit of a change and start off with a mystery. I'd a feeling that this was going to be part one of a two part episode due to the slow pacing. At first I thought Martha had lost her memory as well, but there was a little hint now and again that she was fully aware of who she was.

The little boy who has the watch containing the Doctor's "essence" looked to me as if he already had an ability to sense or see events in the future. Maybe opening the watch enhanced those latent abilities?

Spoiler:
    It seems a bit daft to end the ep with a seemingly no-wins situation, only to have next week's trailer show that they all got out of that predicament somehow unscathed.

I await with interest for the resolution to that cliffhanger.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Personally, I thought this was the best episode of season 3 to date. It was great seeing the Doctor as a normal person. I didn't mind Martha too much either, which makes a nice change Very, very good.

When the kid had that war flash back, was that a vision of the future or one of the Doctor's memories? If it was the Doctor's memories it seems like he was killed at the end to me, is that how the eighth Doctor died and, dare I say it, was that the Time War?
    Looked like World War I to me. There seems to be more next week, judging by the preview for next week's DW Confidential.

Mostly a very good episode, although it dragged a bit for the first 15 minutes or so.
    The scarecrows are cool.

The pics in the journal were neat. I couldn't tell who it was meant to be to the right of McCoy and McGann, though...

Next week...
    Spoiler:
    Small children! Several small children!

Did I spot a Sontaran in the Doctor's journal?

You know, somebody out there is going to screencap the hell out of that bit and read every word of that journal.

Some people have no life

Really enjoyed this ep.. though did find it a trifle slow-paced. I knew going in that it was going to be a two-parter though. I'm still not sure what to make of the young boy - he obviously has a psychic ability and is vaguely aware when things are not what they seem and was aware of the power of the watch... not sure how the watch works either? The instructions the Dr gave Martha seemed to suggest that opening the watch would reverse his transformation but that hasn't happened... so why tell her to open the watch if there was a problem? Am confused! But in a good way... can't wait for next week's resolution!

Oh and did anyone watch Confidential? David trying to learn the waltz? Awesome! And incredibly cute in a clutzy way!

When Martha bumped into the boy and he had a flashback, which episode was that from?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

http://www.forumpedia.com/style_imag...ext3420557.gif

Quote Originally Posted by GodAtum View Post
    When Martha bumped into the boy and he had a flashback, which episode was that from?
    It might've been from the first episode, "Smith and Jones." It looked liked the same place where the Doctor crossed his own timeline and did that thingy with his tie. Maybe.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast