Transformers Movie Series News/Discussion SPOILERS POSSIBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transformers Movie Series News/Discussion SPOILERS POSSIBLE

Who else is really excited about the possibilities of this new film? And why? For me, I know I can't wait until I see Optimus Prime transform for the first time. Talk about bringing back your childhood.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

This is a little strange for me. I don't remember the Transformers clearly. I have a hard time visualizing how this could go well as a live action film.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

The first cartoon movie was really good. Had a good soundtrak too. Not sure how live action will work though.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think it will be interesting, provided they stick to the original series and the original transformers. None of this manga style transformers of later days. It would be even better if they could get the guy that did OP's voice in the original series too.

I still remember the Pepsi ad that had the coke and pepsi vending machines turn into transformers to battle it out. From that I've always hoped they would do a live action show of them. Computer graphics have improved dramatically since then too.

Comment

I still watch the animated movie regularly, it's awesome; and I still love all of the episodes directly following the movie. They were super dark in comparison to the original and I remember how excited I was when Optimus Prime came back to life but was Grey Optimus since he turned grey when he died in the movie.

So yeah, I'm interested for sure. Hopefully it won't follow the new Fox network Transformers:Minicons or whatever it's called. There's even a new comic series that was released within the last two years that was good. They have plenty of material to use, if this movie sucks, there is no good excuse for it.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            The first cartoon movie was really good. Had a good soundtrak too. Not sure how live action will work though.
            I still listen to that everyonce in awhile on the way to school for a laugh.

TRANSFORMERSSSSS....duh, duh, ...duh, duh...(insert rock beat) MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!! ...(insert ripping 80's guitar).

Comment

The movie looks likes it's going to be good. I saw some footage and interviews from the San Diego Comic Con and the graphics while raw looked promising. They are going to base it off of the original series too so we don't have to worry about mini cons or planet keys or anything like that.
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

As long as it's generation one Optimus I'm fine.
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                  I still listen to that everyonce in awhile on the way to school for a laugh.

TRANSFORMERSSSSS....duh, duh, ...duh, duh...(insert rock beat) MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!! ...(insert ripping 80's guitar).
                  yeah, but there were only one or two of those tracks there were some other really good songs on there.... don't make me go get my tape (yes tape.... but not an 8 trak).
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                    As long as it's generation one Optimus I'm fine.
                    It will be, thankfully. And having Steven Spielberg involved in the film can only be a good thing for it. At least IMO. With the state of visual effects today, it should truly be breathtaking.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, the movie is going back to basics for the Autobots and Decepticons it uses, at least as far as i've read so far. We will definately be seeing the one true form of Optimus Prime, at the very least.

In a related topic, who here was a fan of the old Marvel Comics Transformers series? I have to admit that, as far as i'm concerned, that is and always will be the ultimate version of Transformers mythology.

Comment

are there any links to this? I hope it doesn't turn out like Garfield the movie. Or is it going to be more like Final Fantasy meets Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
                        Yet with Spielberg it should be good.
                        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                        Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                          are there any links to this? I hope it doesn't turn out like Garfield the movie. Or is it going to be more like Final Fantasy meets Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
                          Yet with Spielberg it should be good.
                          Here's one link I have - http://www.transformerslive.com/
                          Hope it leads you somewhere.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I hope they do it well.... I coudn't watch Garfield it looked so bad
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I can't see this turning out bad like Garfield. I just have too much faith in it. And they know a lot of fans will be judging this movie.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X