Daedalus vs. Andromeda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus vs. Andromeda

I know for a fact that the Andromeda would win the battle with Daedalus because it fast, very good slip fighters. The Andromeda has plenty of Nova Bombs which are better than the Daedelus missiles, naq. enhanced bombs.

i thought nova bombs worked by destabalizing stars and makin them go boom. what good would that do against a ship? slipfightes are nice though. lots of missles. not sure what effect AP cannons would have against daedulus' shields. just not enough info i don't think to call it though.
    That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

I've only seen a handful of Andromeda eps., but do you really think it could take down the Upgraded Odyssey, or just S3's Daedalus? What if Daedalus can launch a "Horizon" w/ 6 Mk. 9 Naquadriah-enhanced nuclear weapons? Each Mk. 9 can yield a multi-gigaton explosion creating a country-sized explosion. They collectively create an explosion that's encompasses a good part of an Earth-sized planet.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

They have shields, right?

Comment

The Andromeda has no shields but can take a whole lot of a beating.

Comment

Well then, beam a nuke, the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              I've only seen a handful of Andromeda eps., but do you really think it could take down the Upgraded Odyssey, or just S3's Daedalus? What if Daedalus can launch a "Horizon" w/ 6 Mk. 9 Naquadriah-enhanced nuclear weapons? Each Mk. 9 can yield a multi-gigaton explosion creating a country-sized explosion. They collectively create an explosion that's encompasses a good part of an Earth-sized planet.
              I HATE andromeda as a series but the ship would kill either effortlessly.

Before it was turned into a farce, or even made into a show, a bunch of really smart guys actually got together and thought out a plan for a practical sci-fi warship that would pay reasonable respect to realism but also be a deadly weapon of war.

The Andromeda was what resulted. It's a sci-fi warship a warship designer as opposed to a writer would build. To come up with it they mostly looked at the way things like actual modern submarine, naval and aircraft combat go on and tried to extrapolate it into a sci-fi setting.

The thing flies around at sizable fractions of the speed of light in combat, flipping around like a fighter, and fires fist sized missiles at .99C at the rate of a couple hundred per second. The missiles have ranges measured in light seconds or fractions of a solar system (AUs) for smart missiles. They vary in yeild from nuclear to "a fleet of ships firing the bigger ones can explode an entire planet".

The Daedalus, and even the Odyssey are so outclassed here it's not even a contest. Neither ship has point defence lasers, ECM, Stealth capabilities or interceptor drones (all mandatory in Andromedaverse combat) so every single missile is going to hit them, including the hugely nasty ones that can blow apart entire planets in sufficient numbers.

As much as I hate the series the ship from Androemda pretty much smacks the ass of almost every other ship in any popular TV sci-fi series, and those that it can't it can run away from for effectively forever.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Well then, beam a nuke, the end.
                I doubt even this would work. It runs both active and passive jamming/sensor disruption in combat and I doubt the Daedalus would even be able to get in teleporter range before being blown apart.

Comment

daedelus has subspace comms, but does it have subspace sensors? if it does, don't think the andromeda's jammers would work on those. andromeda comms and sensor tech are still limited to the EM spectrum.

does andromeda have enough missles to eventually bring down daedulus' shields? dunno. not sure how much damage her missles can do or the max the daedulus' shields can take. andromeda does have a massive amount of missles though and they could add up to enough.

can daedulus still use beaming tech? not sure

with auto-repair systems, can the daedulus' railguns do damage faster than andromeda can patch the holes? beats me.

can daelulus' missles make it through andromeda's PDLs and defensive missles? probably not

tbh, all these VS threads are getting old. they keep comparing things too different from each other. each side has some thing that can kick the snot out of the side, but only if the other side isn't allowed to do something or another that they wouldn't normally do anyways or they digress into an argument about something else.

Comment

Imagine Andromeda getting annoyed with SG earth :O

one nova bomb bye bye earth nothing earth has can stop that

Comment

Nope, but SG humans can blow up a star too though.

Comment

Originally posted by 123NotIt View Post
                        Nope, but SG humans can blow up a star too though.
                        But they need a stargate, on the other hand the Andromeda can fire a missile to the sun.

Comment

in either case, star still goes boom. be it by nova bomb, active stargate dialed into a black hole, artificially collapsed into a black hole, detonating a tainted ZPM, intentionally letting project arcturus become unstable, etc. everything in a system goes bye bye. each side is capable of destruction on a massive scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
                            I know for a fact that the Andromeda would win the battle with Daedalus because it fast, very good slip fighters. The Andromeda has plenty of Nova Bombs which are better than the Daedelus missiles, naq. enhanced bombs.
                            So why make a thread in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by 123NotIt View Post
                              daedelus has subspace comms, but does it have subspace sensors? if it does, don't think the andromeda's jammers would work on those. andromeda comms and sensor tech are still limited to the EM spectrum.

does andromeda have enough missles to eventually bring down daedulus' shields? dunno. not sure how much damage her missles can do or the max the daedulus' shields can take. andromeda does have a massive amount of missles though and they could add up to enough.

can daedulus still use beaming tech? not sure

with auto-repair systems, can the daedulus' railguns do damage faster than andromeda can patch the holes? beats me.

can daelulus' missles make it through andromeda's PDLs and defensive missles? probably not

tbh, all these VS threads are getting old. they keep comparing things too different from each other. each side has some thing that can kick the snot out of the side, but only if the other side isn't allowed to do something or another that they wouldn't normally do anyways or they digress into an argument about something else.
                              The Daelulus has no subspace sensors.

Comment

Working...
                              X