Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1049
  1. #41
    Lieutenant Colonel Mister Oragahn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Arania View Post
    Well, to practically have ANY sort of chance against the Andromeda, you'd have to meet the following criteria:

    • Ship must have real-time FTL sensors that is unaffected by passive or active jamming measures
    • Ship must be armed with direct-fire energy weapons with a total speed either matching or exceeding the speed of light (Tachyon comes to mind) OR indirect-fire weapons capable of tracking a target light-minutes to light-hours away regardless of jamming or stealth measures. Either weapon choice must be capable of significant damage and/or ignore armour (Something that interacts at the molecular level is a good starting point)
    • Shielding system with a MINIMUM power rating of 281.6 EW (Exawatts) or an armor that can withstand a similar level of energy
    • Onboard computer with the capability to track multiple (upwards of 1000) targets in real time, along with plotting projected paths and likely course diversions to high accuracy (95% MINIMUM), along with sufficient processing power and/or programming to ward of any attempted hacking attempt
    • Armor or shields capable of surviving a Supernova explosion at 1AU
    • Engine capable of at least 20G sustained acceleration (30-40G preferrable)
    • High-Power electronic countermeasures either working on active warhead jamming or passive targetting interference principles, with at least a 50% per-shot chance to deflect an incoming round
    • Cloaking system of some sort (Preferrably one that allows the ship to fire while cloaked, but we arent really picky at this point)
    • Some sort of directed gravity beam capable of producing localised time dilation effects at at least a 1:25 ratio around the targetted object
    • Gravity well generator (Optional)
    • Slipstream drive disruptor weapon (optional)
    • DEMP weapons (Optional, depending on the Andromeda's EMP shielding measures)


    There are VERY FEW ships in any sort of sci-fi setting that come anywhere near that level of technology. I can only think of a few myself, and all of them are almost wholly dependent upon the use of gravity as a weapons system and defensive technology, or use alot of tachyonic weaponry. Daedalus, Odessey, Galactica, and even a Star destroyer would be hopelessly outmached against the Ascendant.
    Fortunately, the Odyssey of late has been so nicely wanked up that it could accelerate time around itself at a rate of 50 years for a fraction of a second outside.
    If the SG writers had really thought about that, it would mean that the Odyssey can literally circle around a target trillions of times before said target could even travel across 1 meter.

    Then come the double supernova ZPM powering latest level asgard shields and weapons, plus other whatnots like hyperdrive and sensors...

    Then beaming tech, of course, and possibly even those beam that eat matter. Though jamming could be effective here.

    That is, since asgard beams can teleport people and ZPMs, in theory, it's easy to store a ZPM's blueprint and recreate it. You just need the right elements.

    Oh... pff... this ship could literally own a complete galaxy with a bit of "smart".

  2. #42
    Captain Amann's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Inside my mind
    Posts
    1,356

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Andromeda has enough nova bombs to blow up 40 suns, and she can mount them on her FTL capable fighters.



    What do you think?

    Yes, I doubt poor Adama would even know he was under attack before it got him. Their dradis might not even detect Andromeda through her passive stealth measures.

    You could probably take every ship in the BSG show from both sides, stick them in a massive fleet together and the Andromeda would still kill them all in a matter of minutes.

    I'm serious, it really is that superior.

    It could probably do something not to dissimilar to a stargate fleet. Some of the gate ships have weapons that could potentially damage it but they'll never ever hit it with those slow moving blobs they fire, not a chance in hell.

    To Andromeda point blank knife fight range is considered to be 4 light seconds, the range where it's AP canons are useful. Normal combat ranges are typically light minutes. Nothing in gate or BSG can even come close to touching that.
    i bet an ancient warship could whip some andromeda butt, but i would have to say andromeda would beat dedalus. Im not sure if it could beat oddesey considering its upgraded weaponry and sheilds can take on the ori ships now. An ancient battleship hands down would crush Andromeda. Drones are made to avoid anti-missile weapons. (look how the orion's drones dodged the wraith darts as it tried to intercept them.)
    http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../amcopyim0.jpg

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

    ^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

    (Shameless advertising ftw)

  3. #43
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Drones travel incredible slowly in comparison to an Andromeda missile

    We don't know if drones can be intercepted

    Drones would likely not even have the speed to keep up with the Andromeda travelling at 70 psl.

  4. #44
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    I dont think any stargate ships are designed to fight at the distances Andromeda fights at


    and even at point blank range I still consider Andromeda having a high chance of winning

    Infact I even think Andromeda can repair itself due to it having repair androids and nanobotic repair systems


    Also its far better looking than any other Sci fi ship I have ever seen it is a work of art

    And even if you breach its hull and kill all the crew it will just carry on since the ship has a sentient AI

  5. #45
    Lieutenant Colonel Ouroboros's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,846

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    would rail guns even harm the Andromeda at all?


    tbh I reckan it would be like shooting a BB gun at a tank
    Pretty much. It takes a fist sized missile moving at .95c to penetrate the armour its got. The Daedalus railgun slugs aren't only slower, they're probably also smaller.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
    Oh... pff... this ship could literally own a complete galaxy with a bit of "smart".
    Good thing that's about the only thing the cheat code doesn't unlock huh.

    Captain: All hands, prepare to sit still and fire at that thing 100 feet away!

    To be fair though they have apparently moved up to "flying around erratically while firing at that thing 100 feet away" more recently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amann View Post
    i bet an ancient warship could whip some andromeda butt, but i would have to say andromeda would beat dedalus. Im not sure if it could beat oddesey considering its upgraded weaponry and sheilds can take on the ori ships now. An ancient battleship hands down would crush Andromeda. Drones are made to avoid anti-missile weapons. (look how the orion's drones dodged the wraith darts as it tried to intercept them.)
    Nope, it would die just as fast as the Daedalus for all the same reasons i already went over.

    The ancients might see rommie coming on their fancy sensors in time to say something really arrogant before they all get blasted into atoms though. so i guess that puts them one up over the other contenders.

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I dont think any stargate ships are designed to fight at the distances Andromeda fights at
    That's pretty much it.

    Range
    Speed/Evasion
    Tactics
    Stealth
    ECM

    These are all things the stargate universe doesn't even seem to bother with while real life warships and the Andromeda do.

    That's why it stomps so much ass. The synergy of tactics and design that went into it is just more than the ships of any "shoot glowy **** at each other until someone blows up" type universe can handle.

  6. #46
    Lieutenant Colonel parisindy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,984

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    ROMMIE KICKS ASS HANDS DOWN WHOOT

    hehe not that i am biast in any way

    "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

  7. #47
    Captain Kingomon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    1,084

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    No Sun explsions, beaming blocked by andromeda Jammers:

    Androemda vs. Deadlus= the Deadlus would put up quite the fight but the Andromeda would pulll out the win with barley any damege.

    Andromeda vs. Galatica= The Galatica can't even handle the Deadlus, the Andromeda weapons would take out the Galatica with barley a scratch on it but the Galatica Vipers would own the Slip fighters.

    Andromeda vs. Star Wars= The Andromeda can handle these ships in a one-one confertation. But a fleet of Star Destroyers could probably wear down the Andromeda.
    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
    new enemy of the Ori
    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

  8. #48
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Vipers would stand no chance against Andromeda slip fighters

    Slipfighters are faster better armed and better armoured and more manoeuvrable

  9. #49
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Alterran1. View Post
    Vipers would stand no chance against Andromeda slip fighters

    Slipfighters are faster better armed and better armoured and more manoeuvrable
    As much as I love Vipers, and utterly, utterly despise Andromeda as a show, I would tend to agree.

    Andromeda and her support vessels were designed with a mind towards a race at the pinnacle of development, commanding a vast reach. Far, far in advance of Earth's future development.

    Galactica and her support vessels were designed for a race in firm(at the time) control of their own local system. Highly experienced, with limited (in some cases, intentionally) tech. Near to mid Earth future. Generally capable in the style of fighting employed by Andromeda, but utterly outclassed by technology and scale of combat.

    Daedalus, et al. are representative of Earth's relative present, exposed to hypothetical advancements from external cultures. A sudden, massive leap in technology, understood by a select few, marginal experience held by those positioned to use it, and for the time being little more than a crutch. They're faced with a fundamentally new way of fighting, something they can't comprehend. They can't win, because they never realize there's a fight at hand.
    "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt


  10. #50
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by kefke20 View Post
    at blanc point range and focus on 1 piont it can

    but andromeda guns and missils wont hurt the daedelus ether
    the AP guns need massa to react and hitting on the shield of a daedelus class
    wont do anything at all the same for the missile`s
    That's doubtful. Railguns in the SG universe only travel at less than 25% the speed of light. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them and they would have much greater range. Andromeda's armor is designed to take impacts at much higher energy levels than 1/4c. The level of technology in Andromeda greatly outpaces just about every other Sci-Fi show from Star Wars, BSG, Stargate, and StarTrek. ST:TNG comes closest as far as the level of technology goes, but still comes up well short.

    Even with Asgard enhanced or even Ancient sheilds, I doubt anything can withstand the full might of the Andromeda. The shields in the SG universe block out mass (physical objects) and energy (beam weapons). However, in the Andromeda universe, they've harnessed the power of the graviton to manipulate mass and therefore black holes. Andromeda could easily shoot a few missiles that weighed as much as two dozen Ori motherships if not more. I wouldn't want that crashing onto my shields even if they were Ancient designed. Drones can be easily taken down by point defense lasers I think. They move relatively slow even compared to rail gun fire.

    Like others have said, the mastery of relativistic speeds and manuverability of the Andromeda Ascendant puts it far beyond anything in other sci-fi shows. To be honest, I think that was one of the major weaknesses of the show. It's not very interesting when you're the baddest dog in the yard.

    Actually, Andromeda's way of space combat is probably much more realistic than even Stargate. Think about the direction the USAF is going in terms of air superiority, and that extrapolates out pretty well to how Andromeda fights.

  11. #51
    Captain Rudy Pena's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,988

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantean Engineer View Post
    That's doubtful. Railguns in the SG universe only travel at less than 25% the speed of light. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them and they would have much greater range. Andromeda's armor is designed to take impacts at much higher energy levels than 1/4c. The level of technology in Andromeda greatly outpaces just about every other Sci-Fi show from Star Wars, BSG, Stargate, and StarTrek. ST:TNG comes closest as far as the level of technology goes, but still comes up well short.

    Even with Asgard enhanced or even Ancient sheilds, I doubt anything can withstand the full might of the Andromeda. The shields in the SG universe block out mass (physical objects) and energy (beam weapons). However, in the Andromeda universe, they've harnessed the power of the graviton to manipulate mass and therefore black holes. Andromeda could easily shoot a few missiles that weighed as much as two dozen Ori motherships if not more. I wouldn't want that crashing onto my shields even if they were Ancient designed. Drones can be easily taken down by point defense lasers I think. They move relatively slow even compared to rail gun fire.

    Like others have said, the mastery of relativistic speeds and manuverability of the Andromeda Ascendant puts it far beyond anything in other sci-fi shows. To be honest, I think that was one of the major weaknesses of the show. It's not very interesting when you're the baddest dog in the yard.

    Actually, Andromeda's way of space combat is probably much more realistic than even Stargate. Think about the direction the USAF is going in terms of air superiority, and that extrapolates out pretty well to how Andromeda fights.
    I agree, TNG comes close but not that much.

  12. #52
    Captain Kingomon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    1,084

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Alterran1. View Post
    Vipers would stand no chance against Andromeda slip fighters

    Slipfighters are faster better armed and better armoured and more manoeuvrable
    I actually agree, I was trying to give Galactica something but oh well. I'll just give it credit for being a cheesy soap opera
    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
    new enemy of the Ori
    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

  13. #53
    Captain
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,408

    Default Re: Daedelus vs. The Andromeda

    Star Trek doesn't come anywhere near the level of technology as Stargate.

    Stargate deals with Wormholes, extremely fast FTL travel, advanced ships and weapons, Star Trek is a downgrade of all of those things.

    The premise for Voyager itself was that we were trapped 60000 light years away, right?

    Odyssey with the "upgrades" could cover that distance in almost no time.

    The stargate universe simply was designed for all of its technology to be extremely advanced, having been designed by races that had millions of years to perfect their technology.
    www.theamericanright.com

    A website by the people, for the people.

  14. #54
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Daedalus vs. Andromeda

    thats wrong
    the only advantage stargate ships have is speed

  15. #55
    Probie
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Daedalus vs. Andromeda

    Hey not to destroy the bubble you are all in but its not real.haha. Nah im worse trust me. In Star Trek the typical phaser output is about 14 times more powerful than the output of even an Ori energy weapon. And also the Star Trek shields are a lot more powerful. But i do love the Stargate ships, they travel faster e.t.c and look better tbh.HAHA!!!


    Also the daedalus could defeat Andromeda, Andromeda does not have defensiuve shields that match that of the Daedalus, also the daedalus weapon systems put out an equivalent power ouytput of 46*10 to thepower of indicie 9. Meaning if they were put into joules it would be about 40,000,000,000 J enough to power small cities. And blow a huge whole in any ship. Ancient drones can travel to high speeds, and can expenentially pass that of any of Andromedas weapons. Also they would dodge any anti weapon systems!!!

    Also Andromeda is a cool ship, but no match for most other vessels. She might fair well in a battle with a tholian waste barge, but not a cruiser ship. Id love to see the Daedalus up against a Borg cube though just to see how much damage it would be able to do.LOL!!!

  16. #56
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Daedalus vs. Andromeda

    Daedalus weapans dont have the range to reach Andromeda in a fight


    It can survive hits from black holes


    nothing that stargate ships have can take it out without being completely destroyed by Andromeda


    It has multiple weapans


    Advanced point defence system Ie Daddelus missles would be shot down before they where even close


    And the railguns wouldnt even dent the ship

  17. #57
    Captain
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,408

    Default Re: Daedalus vs. Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
    Hey not to destroy the bubble you are all in but its not real.haha. Nah im worse trust me. In Star Trek the typical phaser output is about 14 times more powerful than the output of even an Ori energy weapon. And also the Star Trek shields are a lot more powerful. But i do love the Stargate ships, they travel faster e.t.c and look better tbh.HAHA!!!


    Also the daedalus could defeat Andromeda, Andromeda does not have defensiuve shields that match that of the Daedalus, also the daedalus weapon systems put out an equivalent power ouytput of 46*10 to thepower of indicie 9. Meaning if they were put into joules it would be about 40,000,000,000 J enough to power small cities. And blow a huge whole in any ship. Ancient drones can travel to high speeds, and can expenentially pass that of any of Andromedas weapons. Also they would dodge any anti weapon systems!!!

    Also Andromeda is a cool ship, but no match for most other vessels. She might fair well in a battle with a tholian waste barge, but not a cruiser ship. Id love to see the Daedalus up against a Borg cube though just to see how much damage it would be able to do.LOL!!!
    Interesting statements, proof please?
    www.theamericanright.com

    A website by the people, for the people.

  18. #58
    Chief Master Sergeant wilson359's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Daedalus vs. Andromeda

    Andromeda has a huge advantage with having a conscious artificial intelligence. Not only that, she is a lot bigger, has a larger complement missiles, fighters & crew (approx 4,000). Plus with the GFGs is highly manoeuvrable.

    Did anyone notice how they launch the slipfighters? Pretty similar to how they launch the the Vipers on Battlestar Galactica don't you think?

  19. #59
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Daedalus vs. Andromeda

    Andromeda weighs pretty much nothing therefore can out mananver any starship in any sci fi show

  20. #60
    Lieutenant Colonel Lt. Col. Mcoy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, etc . . .
    Posts
    4,541

    Cameron Re: Daedalus vs. Andromeda

    Umm, Ouroboros, why do you have an Andromeda Ep. name for your name if you hate Andromeda? (just curious, does it mean something else too?)

    Anyway, here are the battle as I see it:

    Andromeda Ascendant (in top condition; full crew, full armament, all repaired) vs. Daedelus (battle-ready; full power, extra arament, 12 F-302s)

    Hours:Minutes: Seconds

    00:00:0 Andromeda spots Daedelus from over 500 LM (light-minutes) away using sensors boosted by sensor drones.

    00:00:1 Daedelus spots three objects (the sensor drones, but they don't know that) on the outer edge of its sensors.

    00:01:0 Andromeda launches attack drones which reach Deadelus in around 10 minutes.

    00:07:0 Deadelus spots the drones and detects what may be a weapons buildup, so Cauldwell raises shields.

    00:11:0 The drones reach Daedelus and open fire with AP cannons.

    00:12:0 Daedelus reports no damage to the shield (AP won't affect shields, only the ships hull

    00:12:5 Hunt learns, to his amazement, that the AP cannons impacted on an energy field approximately 100 yds. from the hull.

    00:13:0 Shepphard takes Dagger Squadron out of the ship and engages the drones

    00:13:5 Andromeda orders the drones to break off Daedelus and target the fighers

    00:14:0 Daggers-4 and 6 are instantly destroyed by AP fire from the drones, but Shep and Dg-2 manage to take out two drones each with their first pairs of missiles. Dg-3 and Dg-5 take out the remaining two drones.

    00:15:0 The Andromeda Ascendant has closed to 100 LM and Hunt orders Valentine and Rhade to take out two squadrons of Slip-Fighters (36 fighters per Squadron, see 'Home Fires')

    00:16:0 Shep takes Dgs 2, 3, &5 along with Blue Squadron (the other six F-302s) and engages the slip fighters.

    00:16:1 Valentine takes out Dg-2, and Bl-1 and 3 are killed as well.

    00:16:15 Shep takes down two Slp-Fgts with his first two shots, and takes out anouther comming around.

    00:17:0 Hunt orders an Argosy-2 flight Pattern with a full missile spread targeting the Daedelus

    00:17:05 Cauldwell orders the crew to open fire on the Andromeda Ascendant with the two main railguns and all missile batteries, and to target the slipfighters with the auxilliary railguins.

    00:18:0 Andromeda sails right past Daedelus' first salvo, and PDLs (Point defense lasers) take out the railgun slugs. Andromeda's first salvo tears Daedelus' shields to pieces, and the second spread takes out half her railgun emplacements and missile launchers.

    00:18:55 Cauldwell orders Hermiod to beam a nuke on board Andromeda, and a massive explosion rips through her nose, causing hull breaches in several sections.

    00:18:6 Andromeda determines the beaming frequency and instantly begins jamming it.

    00:19:0 Hermiod reports that he cannot beam any more nukes onto the enemy ship.

    00:19:01 Andomeda locates Daedelus' bridge and blows the entire front section off.

    00:19:04 Secondary eplosions envelope Daedelus, destroying it.

    00:20:0 Shep and the other F-302s stand down and are taken on board the Andromeda Ascendant as prisoners of war

    00:21:0 Andromeda leaves


    There's my scenario. (of course, if this weren't a scenario, and instead an Atlantis Ep., Shepphard would win by some 'deus ex machina' victory)
    Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; May 29th, 2007 at 07:03 AM. Reason: 36 fighters, not 50 (Oops!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •