X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"300" Spartans vs. Buffy, Angel, Spike, and Faith

Who would win in a battle reminiscent of "Chosen?"

Leonidas and his "300" Spartans or Buffy, Angel, Spike, and Faith?

No sunlight (they're in a cave)
    No holy water (Spartans are polytheists)
    No future weapons (i.e. - guns, rocket launcher, etc.)
    No magic

Standard Spartan armament
    Swords & stakes for Angel and Spike
    Slayer Scythe OR sword and stake for Buffy
    Troll Mallet OR Sword and stake for Faith

Note:
    Angelus & William the Bloody slaughtered entire villages
    Spartans slew many "demons"
    Spartan spears are wood
    Spartan swords can decapitate
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 24 March 2007, 11:54 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Goodbye Spartans !

Each one of the Slayers and Vampires are experienced supernatural warriors with reflexes, speed and strength exceeding the maximum possible for a human. Whilst it's possible (as much as i hate to admit it) that Angel and Spike may eventually be taken down, the two Slayers (especially armed with the Scythe and the Hammer - a single swing of the hammer could throw a good five Spartans off their feet and the Sycthe wielded by a Slayer can cut through any of their weapons/armour) would be unstoppable, although i must admit that Faith is likely to be less squeamish in such an encounter whereas Buffy has an issue with taking human life.

Of course, if all four are cooperating and fighting as a team then the odds of all them surviving improve. Now, if you were to add Illyria into the mix, 300,000 Spartans would not be enough

Comment

Yeah, that's why I didn't include Illyria, or Willow for that matter, because theoretically they could each take out the entire planet.

I'd be pretty surprised if Angel were to fall before Buffy & Faith. While the Slayers may have a slight physical strength advantage over him, he is far more durable. Angel is routinely impaled (stabbed in the torso, through-and-through), he often jumps off of skyscrapers without being phased, and has even been shot through the neck with a arrow.

When these things happened to Faith she was in a coma for months, in contrast Spike impaled Angel for fun, and Angel was annoyed more than injured. Buffy seemed to have nearly fallen from a similar injury. We should also remember that decapitation & wood through the heart will kill a slayer as much as it would a vamp.

Buffy didn't kill Angel in a fair fight. He had his eyes closed, and was waiting for a hug or kiss when she killed him. Angel did successfully take down Faith.

I think the overall fight might be close. Btw, Buffy didn't have any qualms about killing human warriors in "Spiral."
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

The Spartans win, since they're the only ones who were actually real. (Well, based on real historical figures anyway).

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
        My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

The Spartans would win, and win easily. I don't think they would even break a sweat over it.
          "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

^ I agree at the end of the day 300 vs 4 and not just 300 guys with no training these were some of the highly trained warrior's of all time.
            sigpic

Comment

^Those Spartans are. I'd be pretty shocked if even the best real Spartans could last a few seconds against Israeli, British, or US special forces.

You have to remember that not only are Slayers & Vampires exponentially stronger than Spartans, but they've also each fought armies of super beings.
              Last edited by Ripple in Space; 26 March 2007, 04:18 PM.
              sigpic
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Go Scoobies!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  ^Those Spartans are. I'd be pretty shocked if even the best real Spartans could last a few seconds against Israeli, British, or US special forces.

You have to remember that not only are Slayers & Vampires exponentially stronger than Spartans, but they've also each fought armies of super beings.
                  Of course a real Spartan wouldn't last more than a few seconds against a commando, they use guns. Take away their firearms, and put a commando up in hand-to-hand fighting and I say that the odds are about even. Give both a blade weapon, or a spear, and a Spartan would win hands down.

As for the Buffy alum, I think you vastly overestimate their abilities. It is 300 vs. 4. These numbers cannot be discounted and it is really all that needs to be said. The Buffy alum would be overwhelmed in a matter of seconds. The Spartans fight in a phalanx formation, they do not fight one-on-one. Even if for some bizarre reason that the Spartans could not line up in full phalanx formation (for instance that ridiculous cave from "Chosen"), all they would need is five men with interlocking shields and their spears out and it's game over. If it was one armored Spartan against Buffy or Faith, I put my money on the Spartan, especially if Buffy and Faith are only using swords for weapons. Buffy and Faith may be stronger and faster than a normal human (you wouldn't know it by watching them half the time), they may have advanced senses, but I really don't think that would matter against a Spartan determined to kill them. There is seriously that much of a discrepancy in their combat abilities. Against Angel and Spike, it's a little dicier because they don't die as easily as humans do. The Spartans wear armor, the Buffy alum do not. They are trained nearly from birth to be the best soldiers possible, completely overmatching the Buffy alum in terms of skill (especially with regard to the weapons they would be using), tactical knowledge, and killing ability.

Seriously, all it takes is one Spartan throwing one of their 8-foot spears at Buffy while her back is turned and there goes 25% of their attack force. And with 300 vs. 4, something like that would happen.

ETA: And yes, I did devote way too much time and thinking to this. Wanna fight about it?
                  "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

Well if the spartan's had to deal with the gun's the special force would have of course they wouldnt win but man against man they would get there asses handed to them The spartan's were trained soldier's and they would have trained sense they could walk
                    And Like was said before 300 vs 4 not a chance if the 300 just happen to take out bow's and fire arrow's what would the 4 do then ,And of course leaving the slayer's aside angel and spike were just vampires maybe the main ones in the show but they were no super vampires we saw zander and willow kill vampires in the show Hardly the greatest warrior's none to man.So easily it would turn from 300 v 4 to 300 v 2
                    sigpic

Comment

Go Spartans !!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
                        Well if the spartan's had to deal with the gun's the special force would have of course they wouldnt win but man against man they would get there asses handed to them The spartan's were trained soldier's and they would have trained sense they could walk
                        And Like was said before 300 vs 4 not a chance if the 300 just happen to take out bow's and fire arrow's what would the 4 do then ,And of course leaving the slayer's aside angel and spike were just vampires maybe the main ones in the show but they were no super vampires we saw zander and willow kill vampires in the show Hardly the greatest warrior's none to man.So easily it would turn from 300 v 4 to 300 v 2
                        Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
                        The spartan's were trained soldier's and they would have trained sense they could walk
                        Okay, training, well, Angel & Spike have had far more combat experience than the Spartans. Angel is 380 years old, and with the exception of his first 26 years (where he was probably at least a brawler), and 1970s-early '90s, he's been a warrior/mass murdered for all of that time. 100 of those years were spent in HELL, I imagine that he had some massive fights in there, and he actually managed to escape. Both Angel and Lindsay (former Head of Special Projects for W&H {Demon Relations}) agree that Angel is the greatest mass murder that Lindsay's ever met. It's been stated many times that W&H represents the WORST EVIL on Earth, and many other dimensions. That would make Angel a pretty accomplished guy.

Wesley (former Head Boy of the Watcher's society {Earth's experts on Vampires}) stated that Spike was among the most infamous/dangerous vampires in history, second only to Angel himself (This is probably due to The Master being locked away for all those decades, and Dracula being more bark than bite). Spike killed 2 Slayers for fun, and took down the entire army of the First Evil (thousands of Uber Vamps).

Spike and Angel both survived a battle to the death against the full force of the Circle of the Black Thorn. An army of demons that made up the most powerful group of beings on Earth (Joss wrote a cannon comic book that takes place after the battle). The circle's members numbered in the hundreds, and each member was one of the most powerful superbeings on Earth. They included at least one dragon, and a giant that was building-sized.

Buffy is almost as immortal as . She is the most powerful slayer that's ever lived (with the possible exception of the original).
                        sigpic
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

I have to agree with Ripple in Space here. Buffy and Co. would kick the Spartan's ass...all 300 . And the battle would be over in a few hours. As mentioned before the four chosen are almost invincible and superior in every way. Even though the Spartans have been trained since they were small children, that gives them what...say 30-35 years training at most, where as Angel and Spike have had about 200-300 years each.

They are armed with exactly the same weapons and once Buffy and friends saw the number they were up against, would go in with a strategy and tactics, which would probably be better than the Spartan's tactics as lets face it the Spartans tactics are good in theory but they never seem to apply them in practise. There is no way Buffy and Co would go in all willy nilly, they'd be more than prepared and have the advantage of knowing Spartan strategies as they're from the future when compared to Spartans.

Also, Buffy and Faith have 10 times, if not more strength, speed, agility and skill in combat than any well trained human so could probably take out a couple dozen Spartans single handedly in a few minutes.

Even though Angel and Spike aren't as capable as the slayers they can only be killed in certain ways, which the Spartans would not know about. So the Spartans would stab them with their spears and the vamps would just get up and carry on fighting...and probably restore themselves with all the blood from the dead soldiers.

As for the moral aspect, I don't think that any of the Buffy lot (including her) would have any qualms about killing the Spartans if the Spartans were gonna kill them.

Buffy didn't kill Angel in a fair fight. He had his eyes closed, and was waiting for a hug or kiss when she killed him. Angel did successfully take down Faith.
                          I agree that Angel could probably take down Faith but Buffy would kick Angel's ass. In the episode your referring to (Becoming pt2) Buffy is about to slice of Angelus's head, but then he gets his soul back and she doesn't. Then he's waiting for a kiss and she stabs him. But she could have killed him before that. So it was in fact a fair fight.

The Spartans wear armor, the Buffy alum do not.
                          I don't know a lot about the Spartans, but in the film '300', which has just been released the Spartans aren't wearing any body armour at all. I fact they don't wear anything except something which resembles underwear and a cape...not that I'm complaining mind.
                          And I'm sure the Buffy lot would wear armour after knowing how the Spartans fight.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Eat Hearthy because tongiht Buffy, Angel, Spike and Faith will be dining in Hell

I'm but the Spartans are so Bad Ass that they would kill off those four. I'm not saying that Buffy, Angel, Spike, and Fiath wouldn't take out a few Spartans but there are way to many spartans and they would just surrond them and then stab them and kill them off one by one.

Sparta All the Way
                            Last edited by fugiman; 30 March 2007, 12:48 PM.
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

If Angel's willing to eat them, then I think it would give him a further edge. Both Spike and Angel have shown that when they feed on a powerful being, it makes them even stronger (Spike on the Slayers, and Angel on Hamilton). I doubt Spike would have a problem with eating them.

Angel has also stated that he doesn't technically need to sleep. So, since the Spartans are human, they will get progressively weaker, hungrier, and more tired throughout the fight. Spike & Angel will actually become more powerful with each kill (eating such powerful humans).

The Slayer Scythe seems to be made of a mystical material that is unbreakable, therefore, it'll be able to slice through Spartan shields, especially with the level of force Buffy can use to swing it. The Troll Hammer is also of an enchanted material. It would shatter a shield, and a Spartan for that matter. If the Spartans take their defensive, phalanx-circle position, a single pounding from Faith's Hammer would take down a good many of them.
                              sigpic
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X