Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Almost certainly nothing, but worth a mention at least, if only to note that Remi might be willing to spill the beans on the ending in a few years.

http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2012/04/03...ng-revealed/3/
      This interview is dated 2012 but Remi still says BW is fighting for SGU? Or did they just take a year to post the interview lol.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing it's just the last he'd heard on the matter.

Comment

Best Make-Up
          in a Dramatic Series

Rebecca Lee, April Boyes, Ceilidh Dunn - Stargate Universe - Epilogue

http://leoawards.com/2012/winners_2012.html

Surprisingly Sanctuary got the award for visual effects. Well, at least SGU got something.
          sigpic

Comment

Interesting skimming through these comments. I have just bought the Series on dvd because it seemed obvious it wasn't going to be where I could see it. I hated to read about the cancellation though. They never give Series time ! How many times have I read that Series that have become successful would never even get the chance now. Everything must be instant. I do hope the Series comes back, in whatever form.

Comment

Originally posted by Tristen1 View Post
              Interesting skimming through these comments. I have just bought the Series on dvd because it seemed obvious it wasn't going to be where I could see it. I hated to read about the cancellation though. They never give Series time ! How many times have I read that Series that have become successful would never even get the chance now. Everything must be instant. I do hope the Series comes back, in whatever form.
              I'm sure Stargate will be back at some point in the future, but I doubt if SGU as we know it...or knew it...will be back.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the premise of Stargate is too amazing to not come back at some point. The only questions are when, and how different will this new Stargate be?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

SG1 took three seasons before it was really gripping, beyond the season finales. The problem with shows that have a defined timeline, is a) TV stations want to do reruns, but the off season doesn't allow for full seasons to play out in reruns, and b) Character and relationship development takes time and filler to relly push the point, and action fans lose interest during the banter about family and friendship. Action and "drama" are very different genres and Universe did an excellent job merging these two types of television. Much better than BSG for sure.

Comment

In my vision, Atlantis lands in san fran, at the end of enemy at the gate, and magically, you, or me, or any random fan with knowledge is somehow moved from his/her reality, to the SG reality, and begins spouting ideas about stuff, including a zpm plant inside of atlantis, plus a "recharge station" of sorts for spent zpms. The method? bombarding neutrinos into eachother, using the powerful exotic particles created to form a containment shield within the zpm. Viola, charged zpm. Also, a lab with a device like the one in "The quest pt. 2" that constructed the sangraal out of base elements. Armed with knowledge of destiny's future, a double secret plan is enacted to head out on a rescue mission, even before the Crew is stranded there. In an effort to control the eventuality, without changing the timeline, General O'Neill uses the memory device from "Collateral Damage" to put the Fan's memories into the General, Who orders more construction devices be built, and another atlantis be built for the journey. So, with everyone who did not appear in Universe, a crew is assembled of Earth's nations, along with nations of other worlds interested in the trip. A device like the one that granted tealc his sight back in "New Ground" is taken for Dr. Park, along with tetonin or possibly even a tokra symbiote in stasis for Lt. Johansen's ALS. Im thinking we could even meet up with the Furlings a few galaxies down the line, and using atlantis' tech, bodies for the asgaard are made, and a simulation is set up to inquire as to whether or not Thor and the other asgaard would be willing to be resurrected and placed on this journey. Im hoping to catch Eli in the process of placing himself in stasis, and the way onto the ship being either a dial in from a short jump away, or maybe the transporters are compatible. (Im assuming, from the comment Eli made in "Incursion" that the elevators are transporters like the rings, and not just elevators that go up and down and side to side.)

Comment

I never watched stargate universe, just sg_1 and Atlantis. Should I watch SGU?

Comment

Depends on what science fiction taste is. SGU while entertaining is different from SG1 and Atlantis
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It is worth a watch though But be sure to watch them all
                          Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

I am a big fan of atlantis and sg-1. Is SGU slow or boring? how's the acting?

Comment

Its serialized tv. I love SGU but admit it takes a few episodes to get going
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by chevron View Post
                                I never watched stargate universe, just sg_1 and Atlantis. Should I watch SGU?
                                Yes absolutely but keep an open mind, its quite different. The sg1 writers didnt expect their show to outlive its actors so they hired young and inexperienced actors for universe, just in case but the storylines are superb.

Comment

Working...
                                X