Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After creatively butchering first SG-1 and now SGA over the past four years, that quad-pack of Berman/Bragas who are currently running the Stargate franchise seriously think the world of sci fi fandom is breathlessly waiting for the next installment of their bait-and-switch Stargate universe?

Some of us have more discriminating tastes.

Comment

I like the concept, but, yeah, the working title for the new series sucks. They have to come up with something more inspiring.
      sigpic

Comment

I had a big long post, then the posting box turned gray and I lost it all

basically...

Sg1 started off at tech 5-10 years ago then added the stargate. Since then they have had more problems, bigger enemies, more powerful weapons, more and more until many episodes of late-season Sg1 looked more like Star Trek with huge space ship battles than SG1 from early seasons.

I wonder how the new show will fit in. I doubt it will go back to the start of Sg1 time, too hard to work into existing canon and really really hard to make it work. Starting from the end of the movies could easily mean there is too much divergence from Sg1 simply because they have all these stupidly powerful tools instead of just themselves.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Am I missing something, because there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of information there? Except the title - and I'm going to add my name to the list of posters who think it's not so great (sounds like a computer game). Universe is a name which suggests there will be a lot of alien puppets on the horizon.

Also it sounds like there is going to be a bit of a franchise reboot if they want it to remain "identifiable". Especially after Unending.

Comment

I'm sorry to say, I think the name sucks. I mean, Universe?? Can you get any more generic than that??
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I have serious doubts as to how it will fit in. First, the working title. Stargate Universe? It sounds more like a website title than a series title. If they title it Stargate Universe then wouldn't it include all of the Stargate Universe? and until we get more info as to what the central plot will be I'm doubting whether it will match up to SG-1 or SGA.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Well, it's way too soon to even try judging the concept of the new series because, well, we don't have the slightest idea of what it might be. I really hope they change the title, though. Stargate Universe just doesn't sound good, aside from being as generic and non-descriptive as it can possibly get.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by daventry View Post
                  I cant wait for this, but wasent there a stand alone Cartoon Series aswell that went very bad.
                  yes but the current ptb had nothing to do with it.

http://www.gateworld.net/infinity/index.shtml
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah, but Stargate Infinity sounds a lot better than Stargate Universe...
                    sigpic

Comment

if they're going to make it current time but want to keep it different the stargate program should go public would be a good bet
                      sigpic

Comment

Guys, remember that it's probably only a working title.

I'm intrigued about the story - it's set in the same time period as SG-1/Atlantis, and it sounds like they realise that being about us going out there is an important part of the show, but it's going to be a 'separate entity' that isn't directly linked...

But, hey, at least it exists, and they're going start writing an actual pilot script this year.

Comment

As always, I have full faith in Cooper and Wright, they're just as much Stargate fans as the rest of us, if not, more!

Comment

I also want to say that I am conserned about the name. Something about Universe just doesn't inspire. I have to say though that as a fan fic writer, sometimes the hardest part is to come up will a good title that will stand out and make people want to read my story. Some of my working titles have been really lame, but the only reason I have them is to have a way to identify the work in my mind until I can come up with something better. I'm sure that as the plot develops, the PTB will find something better.

I have a greater consern on my mind after reading about this. They say this new series is going to be even more seperate from SG-1 and SGA than SGA was from SG-1 when it first started (before they got a ZPM to let them contact home or the Prometheus ever tried to reach them). This whole time since they anounced the third series plan, I have been praying that the SG-1 cast (at least 1 member) could move to that if we couldn't save them from cancellation. Does this mean that my last hope is dead?

Play It Grand

Comment

If I had a choice I would call it something like Times of the Stargate or The World of Stargate.

I think it's going to be set on another Planet that has a Stargate maybe the Alpha Beta etc site o9r even a new world colonised by Earth - new characters, new storylines - Same Stargate aspect
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                                Guys, remember that it's probably only a working title.

I'm intrigued about the story - it's set in the same time period as SG-1/Atlantis, and it sounds like they realise that being about us going out there is an important part of the show, but it's going to be a 'separate entity' that isn't directly linked...

But, hey, at least it exists, and they're going start writing an actual pilot script this year.
                                They already have one page, with the basic premise I suppose, and several characters basically painted, as they suggested.

Seems to be a lot more than Atlantis ever got!
                                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X