Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
    Spoiler:
    ???

Comment

*gasp*! Could it be?! I don't know if I could live without the tattoo we've all come to know and love...

Comment

Spoiler:
        wow i have not seen that pitcher befor intresting
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          yes but season 4 of atlantis takes place after the movies and with teal'c still having the apophis tat and the grey line thru his hair its safe to assume the two theorys suggested have been blown out of the window with the one pic and the picture you had shown was in the diff timeline with teal'c as baals first prime which is clearly fixed (to a certain degree that is)

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
            Spoiler:
            yes but season 4 of atlantis takes place after the movies and with teal'c still having the apophis tat and the grey line thru his hair its safe to assume the two theorys suggested have been blown out of the window with the one pic and the picture you had shown was in the diff timeline with teal'c as baals first prime which is clearly fixed (to a certain degree that is)
            ok then, havent seen any of SGAs4 yet, and barely any s3, didn't even know he'd guested in it yet.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Are u sure it takes place before both movies, or just AOT?

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                Spoiler:
                Are u sure it takes place before both movies, or just AOT?
                i've seen this question several time on gateworld, and yes! both movies take place before S4.
                WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
                Spoiler:
                If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
                - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Ok I did a search and did not see any results, so If i am wrong and there is a thread them I am sorry. Don't start moaning!

Anyways...

So far we know little details about Stargate Universe, Apart from the 9th chevron story arc. I am sure it will follow a similar format as SG-1 and Atlantis with a Team going through the gate, Maybe with a pubble jumper? maybe with something new?

Anyways, normally a team is 4 members and have the similar structure of...
                  -Lead male, strong, military
                  -Scientist, Super smart, Technology wizard
                  - The Alien, Knows something about the enemy and has a conection to them, strong, leader of their people, good at combat
                  - Random feild, can be a military, science, theif, whatever!

So what do you think the new team may be like?
                  I reckon it may follow the same pattern, Maybe with a strong Female military lead? especailly after the success of charcters like Carter, Weir and Teyla?
                  I can see a scientist and a Doctor on the team, with the recent successes of Carson and Kellar!
                  Instead of an Alien would love a Robot! It (a he) can also be the Scientist, I picture this after all the human form replicator stuff, and got the idea from kryten of Red Dwarf!
                  Kryten!, Can you Imagine that?
                  "I may have the head of a cewed rubber tipped pencil, but I know a ZPM when I see one!"

(Yes my SP sucks)
                  Last edited by MechaThor; 11 February 2008, 09:16 AM. Reason: For National Security!
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

The premise was leaked, and we aren't allowed to talk about it, so I doubt this thread will last very long.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      The premise was leaked, and we aren't allowed to talk about it, so I doubt this thread will last very long.
                      WHAT? I don't understand! Why are we now not allowed to talk about "Universe"? This is the 1rst rule I have heard about it?

We know they are making a 3rd series? so why can't we speculate?
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        WHAT? I don't understand! Why are we now not allowed to talk about "Universe"? This is the 1rst rule I have heard about it?

We know they are making a 3rd series? so why can't we speculate?
                        We are, but it won't be long before people start talking about that article.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          We are, but it won't be long before people start talking about that article.
                          What article? I understand if you cannot post a link or anything, But I don't know what the big secret is? I thought the Writers offically annouced their plans for the show, for what feels like almost a year ago?

All I know is - There will be a 3rd series, I "may" be called Universe, Its about the 9th Chevron, its not a direct spinoff from SG-1 but its own show set in the same timeline!

am I missing something?

Also the only reason People (as in so far me and u) are talking about that mystrey "article" is because U mentioned it!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Hi all! I am the newbie here to the forum. While I take time to find some topics to talk about and get to know everyone I thought I would start a new subject. If this has been covered or there is another thread I apologize. I am trying to get use to this.

So my question is this: Has anyone heard anything new about "Stargate Universe" the third series in the franchise? I am eagerly awaiting more info on it.

Comment

Hi pretender -- I've merged your new thread into our existing Stargate Universe thread here in the General Discussion folder.

We hope to have some big news on Stargate Universe that we can share soon! Stay tuned to GateWorld.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Forgive me if I'm missing the thread on this, but the other Universe thread seems to have been locked. Is discussion of this new series meant to be discontinued for the moment?

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on the nice scoop Darren got on the main page from Brad Wright about this new series.

I have to say, it strikes me as an enormous disappointment and a total waste of what has been one of the series' most fun and most interest-drawing unanswered questions: what does the 9th chevron do?

Obviously, this is still very early in development and, should the premise remain unchanged, I'd give the show a fair shot rather than making a summary judgment without having seen the thing, but I have to say, as soon as I read the blurb about it, I thought: "That just sounds... dumb."

So, fellow skeptics and disagreeing likers of said promise, discuss...
                                Theoretically spoilerish:
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X