Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dunno whether i am going to relate to this new series at all. Nothing to do with Atlantis or SG-1? Sounds like it is heading into star trek territory!

if it relates to the races we have already seen then i will give it a go. However how can it not relate to SG-1 or Atlantis!? the tau'ri are now the fifth race and SG-1 are well known. Atlantis is part of the ancients' history. i just cant see how they will make a series that has nothing to do with SG-1 at least!

i will give it a chance but i dont see it lasting.
    Why can they not just do more seasons of SG-1!?
    Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
    sigpic
    sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Maybe the series will take place somewhere even farther out in the Universe; millions if not billions of light years away from the Milky Way and Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
        I can say that if it's shipbased i will not watch it. There's enough shows about that out there, even if they have all cancelled there's no reason to not go watch some reruns of the many shows like that.
        I'd rather see they manage to find or calculate a stargate adress to a galaxy to far away for their ships to travel and find a suitable location for further exploration. Basically you get Atlantis but without the ships from earth =)

And as for the title, hope they change it

You really won't watch it?
        I doubt the show will be entirely ship based but it will focus around a ship as much as the gate I think
        and they won't change the title
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          You really won't watch it?
          I doubt the show will be entirely ship based but it will focus around a ship as much as the gate I think
          and they won't change the title
          I read a JM quote in a thread that said the new show will rely heavily on the Stargate.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

I think the name sucks for a series...I know there's websites with that name but it really really sucks (not as much as Continuum or Ark of Truth though)

I feel like TPTB are just churning it out for the sake of having another show, not because they've had a vision in mind for a while.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              I read a JM quote in a thread that said the new show will rely heavily on the Stargate.
              Well it has to otherwise there would be no point in creating a third series.

Comment

We should look at things that haven't previously been explored (furlings) that aren't really tied down to anything, anywhere else (furlings) Perhaps the title suggests a new universe, where we encounter a whole other set of races (like furlings). That would make it quite different from a spinoff.
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

You know this sounds like my thread that I started but now has disappeared. Well...what eve's.

Yeah I definitely don't like the name and really am curious as to how it's going to work.
                  Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                    I think the name sucks for a series...I know there's websites with that name but it really really sucks (not as much as Continuum or Ark of Truth though)

I feel like TPTB are just churning it out for the sake of having another show, not because they've had a vision in mind for a while.
                    Well they said that
                    Like many of the producers ideas, Cooper said, the idea for Stargate Universe was originally conceived as a stand-alone movie.
                    so they didn't just pull it out of nowhere its obviously and idea that they have had and have wanted to do for a while, so I wouldn't say they are just churning it out for the sake of another show.
                    sigpic

Spread the Mckay LOVE... around and around ... until you get Dizzy!

Daniel and Vala Forever xXx
                    "You should of seen me! I was amazing!"

Comment

well obviously it has to relate to the ancients somehow otherwise there wouldn't be stargates, so it's not completely disconnected from SG1 and Atlantis.

to be honest as long as the writers keep it a stargate show and not turn it into trek-gate I'll give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                        well obviously it has to relate to the ancients somehow otherwise there wouldn't be stargates, so it's not completely disconnected from SG1 and Atlantis.

to be honest as long as the writers keep it a stargate show and not turn it into trek-gate I'll give it a go.
                        true . lol

i hope it doesnt turn into trek-gate!!!!
                        sigpic
                        sig made by kidwizz

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                          Well it has to otherwise there would be no point in creating a third series.
                          I agree. I was responding to:
                          Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                          I think that a title like universe indicates that it will be ship based with there being an episode where they use the gate every know again
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

There is only a few ways I can see it dealing with the universe.

1 & the most obvious is that they have fast ships, so they build a brand new class that's much bigger & powerful than 304's, they then go on a great journey through space to distant galaxies. Perhaps not setting it in a single galaxy like the others, but have them do a couple of eps in each galaxy then move on to the next one.

2 is that they set it in a distant galaxy somewhere, dial up a distant galaxy & head off to explore it. Perhaps a new world of humans starting the first colony off-world where Earth is begiining to expand. So it focuses on the day to day lives of them building a new world & coping with it etc.

I can think of another couple off hand but the 2 above would be the more obvious choices. If the title is 'Universe', then it's gotta be about travelling to distant galaxies & exploring the universe via a Ship or SG. Can't see why they would call it 'Universe' then set in in the MW or a close by galaxy that isn't far away to be cut off from Earth. That'd be kinda dumb to do so imo!

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                              There is only a few ways I can see it dealing with the universe.

1 & the most obvious is that they have fast ships, so they build a brand new class that's much bigger & powerful than 304's, they then go on a great journey through space to distant galaxies. Perhaps not setting it in a single galaxy like the others, but have them do a couple of eps in each galaxy then move on to the next one.

2 is that they set it in a distant galaxy somewhere, dial up a distant galaxy & head off to explore it. Perhaps a new world of humans starting the first colony off-world where Earth is begiining to expand. So it focuses on the day to day lives of them building a new world & coping with it etc.

I can think of another couple off hand but the 2 above would be the more obvious choices. If the title is 'Universe', then it's gotta be about travelling to distant galaxies & exploring the universe via a Ship or SG. Can't see why they would call it 'Universe' then set in in the MW or a close by galaxy that isn't far away to be cut off from Earth. That'd be kinda dumb to do so imo!
                              thats is probably what will happen. As long as it isnt too star-trekky then i will watch it.
                              sigpic
                              sig made by kidwizz

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                                Which thread? Do you have a link?

Comment

Working...
                                X