Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I think I might try it again.

Comment

Yes it does take a few episodes to get going Give it a chance though! It's worth it in the end.
      Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

Very true. The air-water/ eps were a little slow on watching, but the light-darkness eps, and earth and beyond were well worth the wait.

Comment

Ok. Thanks

Comment

As always, great to see someone else giving SGU a go. Let us know what you think. I found it hard to get into at first but it pays to stick with it as season two has some great moments.

Comment

Well that went well ^-^

Comment

Two years later, echoing 'TheAsgard' did it go well? Anybody else just get into the show, or rewatch it especially since this should have been the projected conclusion of the series this season? Time heals all wounds I believe, SGU was solidly satisfying entertainment and should have been allowed to tell its full story.

Comment

Originally posted by 3yearslater View Post
                  Two years later, echoing 'TheAsgard' did it go well? Anybody else just get into the show, or rewatch it especially since this should have been the projected conclusion of the series this season? Time heals all wounds I believe, SGU was solidly satisfying entertainment and should have been allowed to tell its full story.
                  If you'd said this during the first half of season 1, I would've whole-heartedly disagreed with you. However through season 1.5 and 2...the show grew. So, now, I agree with you!
                  sigpic

Comment

I would certainly recommend it. It is darker and more psychological, there is more conflict in the crew and it was cancelled after season 2. But it is worth your time.

Comment

I vote no. I tried a few times to get into this show but it's just awful. There isn't a single likeable character, there are no real plots, and it's filmed in an 'arty' style, meaning murky lighting and endless shots from under people's arms or weird camera angles.

Comment

Originally posted by diversky View Post
                        I vote no. I tried a few times to get into this show but it's just awful. There isn't a single likeable character, there are no real plots, and it's filmed in an 'arty' style, meaning murky lighting and endless shots from under people's arms or weird camera angles.
                        How many episodes did you give it?
                        sigpic

Comment

About four. I tried during it's original run, but the episode I saw reminded me of that godawful SGC spoof from the 200th episode, featuring the 'young and edgy' versions of SG1. Then I tried watching a few eps on COMET recently, and didn't think it was any better.

Comment

Originally posted by diversky View Post
                            About four. I tried during it's original run, but the episode I saw reminded me of that godawful SGC spoof from the 200th episode, featuring the 'young and edgy' versions of SG1. Then I tried watching a few eps on COMET recently, and didn't think it was any better.
                            I kept watching...and was pleasantly surprised when the show returned from hiatus. The second half of season 1 was much better than the first half. It was way less soap operaish and more in line with the SG1 formula. Season 2 was even better. I'm glad I stuck it out...and I'm honestly sad that the show didn't get a third season.
                            sigpic

Comment

Same here. S1 ep 1-5 or so was slow, but it DID build up, get better and make you enjoy the characters.. By S2, there were many you were feeling for, even some of the backround ones, like volker and brody.

Comment

I think the way we came to know the characters was done in quite a good way. They took their time with building the base in season one. For a long time you can't decide if there is anyone that is likeable at all because we are seeing people at their worst being put in the situation they were. People are not happy to be taken suddenly away from everything they knew, fear makes people unpredictable. I liked the way all these different people dealt with it and had to learn to live differently. How they did it determined how we came to see them as viewers.

Colonel Young turned out to be my favourite character because he wasn't a heroic perfect person. I enjoyed watching him try to do his best, fail and then try to carry on and keep everyone alive. I couldn't dislike him as he showed he was fallible after all. I liked Brody and Volker as they showed you could have a laugh at times despite the precarious situation with life on Destiny. I think there were many good humorous moments in SGU, made even funnier as it was more black comedy given there was not much to laugh about life there generally. The moment with the stasis unit and Rush freezing Brody making Eli think it was his doing was hilarious. Showed that even Rush had a wicked sense of humour.

Comment

Working...
                                X