Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A working title like "Universe" seems to imply that series 3 will be more widespread than SG1 or SGA. SG1 was very earth-centric, especially in the beginning, and of course, Atlantis revolved around Atlantis. "Universe" makes me think that it won't center around one particular location, but perhaps a group of people that travel and don't really have one specific home base?

Just speculation, of course.
    sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Well in my opinion I'm watching it whatever it's name is It's surely got to be good considering the writers etc. They have so many stories left out there and for me nothing else hits the mark on telly from the original SG 1 through to Atlantis and Season 10. Bring it on and make it work please.

Comment

I think it'd be cool if it was set on somekind of Earth ship travelling through the universe. WHAT did I just say?? Star Trek!!!
        sigpic

Comment

The whole thing is very cryptic, its in a different era but not a prequel or futuristic. THe key to the sstargate franchise is using our people, our scientists our astrophysics, but it is not connected to stargate atlnatis, I think it raised more questions than answered

Comment

Originally posted by Mar9645 View Post
            After creatively butchering first SG-1 and now SGA over the past four years, that quad-pack of Berman/Bragas who are currently running the Stargate franchise seriously think the world of sci fi fandom is breathlessly waiting for the next installment of their bait-and-switch Stargate universe?

Some of us have more discriminating tastes.
            It sounds more bigger that SG-1, it can be the best place to incorporate de 9º Chevron of the Stargate, to travel to another Galaxies mutch faster and easylie, maybe Alternate Universes.....
            Fabiano Klug
            O'neill say: I don't care.
            Stargate Brasil

Comment

Well, I'm all for the third series being autonomous, but let's hope it coexists with the other series, and has one or two familiar faces. Just like Atlantis, the new series should be born from the Stargate program, IMHO.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow nice to see this is moving forward and so far sounds really great. I agree the title isnt the best but since it is very early in production, it is obviously a working title. Remember we have seen titles change many times prior to airing. Can't wait, as long as they keep this up the SG universe will never die. Just keep Dean Devlin far away from this section of the SG universe.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

For those who aren't fond of the title, Rob was very specific to emphasize that "it is a working title." They are very, very early in the process, obviously.

I imagine that things like a show's title really get nailed down once the pilot has been written and given a green light for production, so that the studio and marketing team can start to think about how to best position the new series.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yeah. The title is definately a bit iffy. But I'm guessing that they're looking for feedback on it, so they'll probably tell eachother on Monday, 'Did you see all the internet chat about the name? They hate it!' and they'll rethink it. *crosses fingers*.
                    But whatever the title, it's bound to be good. I'm just wondering how they can make a show about stargate, that's completely separate from stargate, even more so than atlantis season 1.
                    Oh, and boy am I glad that they're not doing a prequel! Wouldn't mind a show set a couple of years in the future though, like Next Gen, but it'd inpinge on atlantis' development way to much.
                    Anyway, it's a little early to be critisising or praising them, so I suppose I'll just sit back and watch the news as it comes in.
                    Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      For those who aren't fond of the title, Rob was very specific to emphasize that "it is a working title." They are very, very early in the process, obviously.

I imagine that things like a show's title really get nailed down once the pilot has been written and given a green light for production, so that the studio and marketing team can start to think about how to best position the new series.
                      Darren, if you don't mind my asking, was anything said as far as crossovers or guest stars? Anything about casting at all? I mean, Atlantis was given validity by Jack and Daniel appearing in the pilot, and several people have mentioned that this new project, whatever it is, should still originate from the SGC. Mr. Cooper didn't happen to touch on any such possibilities, did he?

Thanks,

Play It Grand

Comment

Nope, he's obviously tight-lipped about any story or character details. Because it's set in the current era there are of course possibilities for crossover appearances, but I wouldn't bet at this point on an SG-1 or Atlantis regular being a regular on the new show.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I don't like the fact that the name doesn't give something away like the name Atlantis. But they will probably change to something that more closely identifies with the new series.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Sounds more like a game than a show...
                            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                              I don't like the fact that the name doesn't give something away like the name Atlantis. But they will probably change to something that more closely identifies with the new series.
                              Which is why they're going with that working title, a name like Atlantis gives alot away, the name Universe allows them to keep the concept under wraps until its ready to go into production.

I like that they're still going to set it in the present day, that's what makes Stargate, Stargate

About the being even more seperate from Atlantis than Atlantis was from SG-1, well that wouldn't be hard. Atlantis arose after the sg-1 team spending years trying to find the place, and exists to continue on the story of the ancients (before they ascended)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                                I'd rather them not give too much away even with a tilte this early. I'd prefer them get alot more nailed down first.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X