Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe? Sounds corny, whoever named it doesn't get to name anything else, ever!
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I'm not too sure on the name myself...it lacks the oomph that SG1 and Atlantis have

"Hey...I'm gonna go watch Universe" doesn't have the same effect as "Hey...I'm gonna go watch Atlantis" or "Hey...I'm gonna go watch SG1"

But the name is not indicative of the series so we'll see when plot details come

Comment

Don't like the title, but love the fact the series is moving forwards!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I was thinking that maybe it can go one of 2ways

1. The new series is set on earth, but more along the lines of trying to figure out the new asgard tech and how to initrgrate it with our own while tryin to defend ourselves from total enihalation.

or

2. It is set on another planet somewhere in the Stargate Universe and the series could focus on rebuilding after the Ori invasion

Just a thought mind
          Teal'c - You're like a brother to me...
          O'Niel - You're what... 140
          Teal'c - A younger brother perhaps!

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu View Post
            I was thinking that maybe it can go one of 2ways

1. The new series is set on earth, but more along the lines of trying to figure out the new asgard tech and how to initrgrate it with our own while tryin to defend ourselves from total enihalation.

or

2. It is set on another planet somewhere in the Stargate Universe and the series could focus on rebuilding after the Ori invasion

Just a thought mind
            second option sounds cool except I don't see how it could fit with the "completely separate, third entity" idea they have in mind.

Comment

I agree with Serebii on this one ^___^ Though I think it won't be the final name.
              What I'd like to see is, though it may sound too common, Stargate Chronicles. Like developments of some side storylines... Either still on SGC/Atlantis or offworld - like, duh, Genii SGC xD But that's me... ^___^

It's good to see that Stargate's still going on! ^___^

(Pitry, then my 30X spin-off goes fifth...)

Comment

Thats true, but then again we don't exactly know what he means by 'completely seperate third entity' as SGA was a seperate entity to SG1. my 2nd theory is based in our time but in another part of the universe with completely new characters that have absolutely no realtion to earth what so ever. That could cover the 'completely seperate entity' side of things?
                Teal'c - You're like a brother to me...
                O'Niel - You're what... 140
                Teal'c - A younger brother perhaps!

Comment

The title doesn't have the same impact as SG-1 and Atlantis, but there is still time for it to be changed...

Anyone know what the "working" title for Atlantis was when they were at a similar stage on that show as they are now?

Comment

i like the title making it sperate from sg1 or sga not sure how thats ging to go.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

We can not judge the title until we know what the series will be about....although I must admit it sounds poor, but think for a couple of moments, what is left to do in the stargate universe that can be kept in the same era....not a lot that is what, if they want it too be a seprate enity from sg-1 and atlantis, the gate can not be in the sgc...
                      I would have loved to seen a series based on the NID exploring the gate, but what I think is the more possible conclusion from the title and equally exciting is that the gate has gone public...

Comment

like i said in another thread, i would like to see the gate go public.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hallowed View Post
                          Maybe it's set in an alternate universe?
                          sounds cool. sorts out all kindsa problems. but it would be difficult to have cross over eps. not impossible, but difficult. which can be either good or bad for the series.

i'm not too fond of the name, either. but then again Stargate: The Ark of Truth has always sounded like a B movie to me, so we never know
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I cant wait for this, but wasent there a stand alone Cartoon Series aswell that went very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                              The title doesn't have the same impact as SG-1 and Atlantis, but there is still time for it to be changed...

Anyone know what the "working" title for Atlantis was when they were at a similar stage on that show as they are now?
                              Stargate: Atlantis, apparently, according to some BW interview, can't remember which. My memory seems to suggest it went the opposite way with SGA - "oooh, Atlantis would be a fantastic name for a spin off! What's it gonna be about then?"

(Pitry, then my 30X spin-off goes fifth...)
                              Methinks we need a list?
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyshoe View Post
                                I actually like that idea. I agree with what the producer said in the article, about how important that aspect of SG is to the series. I *really* would not watch it if it were set in any other time period (Star Trek: Enterprise anyone?).
                                You did not watch ST:TNG or Voyager or DS9 either considering they were in a different time period to the original Star Trek?

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Working...
                                X