Page 5 of 795 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105505 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stargate Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    I read a JM quote in a thread that said the new show will rely heavily on the Stargate.
    Well it has to otherwise there would be no point in creating a third series.

We should look at things that haven't previously been explored (furlings) that aren't really tied down to anything, anywhere else (furlings) Perhaps the title suggests a new universe, where we encounter a whole other set of races (like furlings). That would make it quite different from a spinoff.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

You know this sounds like my thread that I started but now has disappeared. Well...what eve's.

Yeah I definitely don't like the name and really am curious as to how it's going to work.
    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by sueKay View Post
    I think the name sucks for a series...I know there's websites with that name but it really really sucks (not as much as Continuum or Ark of Truth though)

I feel like TPTB are just churning it out for the sake of having another show, not because they've had a vision in mind for a while.
    Well they said that
    Like many of the producers ideas, Cooper said, the idea for Stargate Universe was originally conceived as a stand-alone movie.
    so they didn't just pull it out of nowhere its obviously and idea that they have had and have wanted to do for a while, so I wouldn't say they are just churning it out for the sake of another show.

Spread the Mckay LOVE... around and around ... until you get Dizzy!

Daniel and Vala Forever xXx
    http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smi...kayanime19.gif"You should of seen me! I was amazing!"

Captain

Default Re: Third series is 'Stargate Universe'

well obviously it has to relate to the ancients somehow otherwise there wouldn't be stargates, so it's not completely disconnected from SG1 and Atlantis.

to be honest as long as the writers keep it a stargate show and not turn it into trek-gate I'll give it a go.

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    well obviously it has to relate to the ancients somehow otherwise there wouldn't be stargates, so it's not completely disconnected from SG1 and Atlantis.

to be honest as long as the writers keep it a stargate show and not turn it into trek-gate I'll give it a go.
    true . lol

i hope it doesnt turn into trek-gate!!!!

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by marty2006 View Post
    Well it has to otherwise there would be no point in creating a third series.
    I agree. I was responding to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    I think that a title like universe indicates that it will be ship based with there being an episode where they use the gate every know again

There is only a few ways I can see it dealing with the universe.

1 & the most obvious is that they have fast ships, so they build a brand new class that's much bigger & powerful than 304's, they then go on a great journey through space to distant galaxies. Perhaps not setting it in a single galaxy like the others, but have them do a couple of eps in each galaxy then move on to the next one.

2 is that they set it in a distant galaxy somewhere, dial up a distant galaxy & head off to explore it. Perhaps a new world of humans starting the first colony off-world where Earth is begiining to expand. So it focuses on the day to day lives of them building a new world & coping with it etc.

I can think of another couple off hand but the 2 above would be the more obvious choices. If the title is 'Universe', then it's gotta be about travelling to distant galaxies & exploring the universe via a Ship or SG. Can't see why they would call it 'Universe' then set in in the MW or a close by galaxy that isn't far away to be cut off from Earth. That'd be kinda dumb to do so imo!

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    There is only a few ways I can see it dealing with the universe.

1 & the most obvious is that they have fast ships, so they build a brand new class that's much bigger & powerful than 304's, they then go on a great journey through space to distant galaxies. Perhaps not setting it in a single galaxy like the others, but have them do a couple of eps in each galaxy then move on to the next one.

2 is that they set it in a distant galaxy somewhere, dial up a distant galaxy & head off to explore it. Perhaps a new world of humans starting the first colony off-world where Earth is begiining to expand. So it focuses on the day to day lives of them building a new world & coping with it etc.

I can think of another couple off hand but the 2 above would be the more obvious choices. If the title is 'Universe', then it's gotta be about travelling to distant galaxies & exploring the universe via a Ship or SG. Can't see why they would call it 'Universe' then set in in the MW or a close by galaxy that isn't far away to be cut off from Earth. That'd be kinda dumb to do so imo!
    thats is probably what will happen. As long as it isnt too star-trekky then i will watch it.

General

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    I read a JM quote in a thread that said the new show will rely heavily on the Stargate.
    Which thread? Do you have a link?

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasE View Post
    I can say that if it's shipbased i will not watch it. There's enough shows about that out there, even if they have all cancelled there's no reason to not go watch some reruns of the many shows like that.
    I'd rather see they manage to find or calculate a stargate adress to a galaxy to far away for their ships to travel and find a suitable location for further exploration. Basically you get Atlantis but without the ships from earth =)

And as for the title, hope they change it

I'm sure it goes down hill from here.

First Lieutenant

It could be a bit of both. They could have the stargate on a ship and travel to different planets using that. Every once in a while the ship will change locations so the address changes and enemies can't dial in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat_the_Alien View Post
    A working title like "Universe" seems to imply that series 3 will be more widespread than SG1 or SGA. SG1 was very earth-centric, especially in the beginning, and of course, Atlantis revolved around Atlantis. "Universe" makes me think that it won't center around one particular location, but perhaps a group of people that travel and don't really have one specific home base?

Just speculation, of course.
    I really like the idea of a group that doesn't have a home base, that could be quite fun. As for the title, as a final title, it sucks, but as a working title, it's great. Sometimes working titles need to be a little hokey.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

What's in a name?

Quote Originally Posted by sueKay View Post
    I feel like TPTB are just churning it out for the sake of having another show, not because they've had a vision in mind for a while.
    Yeah, I feel the same. Keep dragging it out until the franchise is drained and has nothing more to give.

If it's solely ship-based, it would be Star Trek all over again. So, if they do literally mean they are going to use the Gate a lot...would be the best idea since its Stargate and not Starship.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Chief Master Sergeant spinspinspin's Avatar

The working title of the third Stargate television series has been unveiled! The series currently exists in the form of a one-page treatment of the story and characters, with the title Stargate Universe, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.
    From the GateWorld news article.

It says "working" title!! Lots of potential for change!

I don't really mind whether this 3rd series is another spin-off or independent...I liked how Atlantis is very closely tied to SG-1. I do hope for more ships and ship-based stuff! (spaceships, not relationships!)
    sine sine cosine sine,
    three point one four one five nine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
    [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
    This is the reality. Accept it.

Major General

the working title usually means the title of the show when it airs. i'm not sure about it, it sounds a little vague. SG-1 was about SG-1. Atlantis is all about the Atlantis expedition. Is the new series about the entire universe?

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    Is the new series about the entire universe?
    Would make it easier to bring in old characters... I imagine they are thinking about it.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    the working title usually means the title of the show when it airs. i'm not sure about it, it sounds a little vague. SG-1 was about SG-1. Atlantis is all about the Atlantis expedition. Is the new series about the entire universe?
    No, the "working title" means the title they are currently working with. It may become the final name, or it may not.

& no idea, like you say, the news is a little vague.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyshoe View Post
    Wow, Stargate Universe? wth? That sounds like the title of a bad B-movie to me. I hope they change it, and fast.
    Well that's good because it will most likely be ripping off B-movies like they did for the other Stargates.

Fire the writers already and hire new people! I don't want to see replicators or another version of Jack or more pointless bad guys. HIRE NEW PEOPLE!!!

And no time travel, deal god no.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Would make it easier to bring in old characters... I imagine they are thinking about it.
    If we assume that the universe is infinite, anything that could exist does exist because there are an infinite number of possibilities that it could exist. a show set within this universe could involve any character, race, ship or planet from stargates past and present whether they are dead, extinct or destroyed.