Page 4 of 795 FirstFirst 12345671454104504 ... LastLast

Default Re: Third series is 'Stargate Universe'

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
    The whole thing is very cryptic, its in a different era but not a prequel or futuristic. THe key to the sstargate franchise is using our people, our scientists our astrophysics, but it is not connected to stargate atlnatis, I think it raised more questions than answered
    Hmz, it sounds as if they want to create "Stargate: Command"; which I belive what they wanted SG1 to naturally develop/morph into?
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Default Re: What do you think of the new show name Stargate Universe?

in my opinion it should be about going public with the stargate program. establishing fleets and slowly bringing all the new technology online and bringing the whole world in perspective to the stargate universe. essentially bringing the human race as a whole into the picture instead of select civilian and military personnel. or i wouldn't mind them having a show about the deadelus and colonel caldwell i think that would be awesome to watch all the the deadelus's journey's, maybe sending them on exploration missions etc....but i think it may be too star trekkie..

Gelasius

Lieutenant Colonel

I don't like the name at all. Stargate: Legacy has been thrown around this forum, and it has a much better sound than "Universe."

This sounds like an ambitious undertaking. If they don't put a lot of effort into making 'a Stargate show that doesn't effect SG-1 or Atlantis, but exists in the same Universe & time period' it'll cross into mid-season cancellation territory.

Quote Originally Posted by -PITBULL- View Post
    I dont know what to think of the show yet seeing how we have nothing o go with yet ... I mean it could be something setup where they are off fighting alot more enmies throw out the whole Universe , or it could be just be a code name at this point ....

I just hope they keep something from Atlantis and SG-1 and bring it over to the new show ... I also hope they could get something ready for either this fall or maybe setup something where once STARGATE SG-A is in a med season , they start up this new series ... having STARGATE going for a year around show ...
    I don't think that any part of the Atlantis or Sg-1 show are going to be apart of this. Sounds like they are going to do a TV movie first and then move into the series as a seperate enity
    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Chief Master Sergeant shockwave04's Avatar

I like it. I named my fansite at Gamespot the stargate universe a few years ago
    ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Earth Symbol Re: What do you think of the new show name Stargate Universe?

I think "Stargate Command" sounds perfectly fine if you're going for something general.

"Stargate Universe" sounds like a novelty store or a chain restaurant. "I'll have an irisburger, hold the naquadah, with a side of Jaffa staffs, and a small tretonin."

Staying up late watching SG instead of doing hw.

Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife View Post
    You did not watch ST:TNG or Voyager or DS9 either considering they were in a different time period to the original Star Trek?
    Ah, I guess I should have been more specific in my post. Late night, what can I say?

I think Enterprise sucked in part because it was a prequel. Trek has enough problems keeping its own continuity without going back into its own timeline to screw stuff up. 'Tis why I'm not particularly looking forward to Star Trek XI, whenever it comes out. That is all.

Sig quote c/o Spiletta42, Sig pic a gift from JennniferJF. TY!
    Reality is for people who can't handle Science-Fiction

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

I think that the name is really bad but then again it's just the working title for the moment, and hopefully it'll get changed to something better.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Sounds like Infinity and Worlds to me....although SG Worlds actually looks good and can get away with it because it's a game.
    Last edited by Admiral Mappalazarou; March 24th, 2007 at 11:10 AM.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Quote Originally Posted by MB.Eddie View Post
    Sounds more like a game than a show...
    LOL...Stargate the gameshow...hehehehe

A gameshow that has contestants from all over the universe perhaps?!

Anyways on a more serious note I don't hate it...it does intrigue me enough to want to know more...but the name does seem a bit out-of-place and not quite right...

Spread the Mckay LOVE... around and around ... until you get Dizzy!

Daniel and Vala Forever xXx
    http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smi...kayanime19.gif"You should of seen me! I was amazing!"

Why didn't they just call it Stargates on a Plane?

I have only one question: How long before they announce that Sam Carter is the main character?

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
    ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

General

Never. Ok, moving on.

Well, I certainly can't wait to see more of it. It's a Stargate series, after all, it'll be strange that I wouldn't at least give it a chance.

Earth Symbol "Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation Thread

So we finally know the title......
    Personally I think that a title like universe indicates that it will be ship based with there being an episode where they use the gate every know again but thats just me I could very easily be wrong.....I think that a ship based series with freshen things up as long as they keep it very military and not like star trek with replicators (not the robots the other kind) self aware holograms and intelligent aliens everywhere

Also I hope they stick to the enemys and galaxies that they have already discovered.........

We now know its about chevron 9 so perhaps exploring another universe judging by the title?

Any comments, ideas, criticism?
    (Of the new title not my crazy ideas)

Wow I got a sticky....go me!
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; March 25th, 2007 at 12:31 PM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Default Re: Stargate Universe

I can say that if it's shipbased i will not watch it. There's enough shows about that out there, even if they have all cancelled there's no reason to not go watch some reruns of the many shows like that.
    I'd rather see they manage to find or calculate a stargate adress to a galaxy to far away for their ships to travel and find a suitable location for further exploration. Basically you get Atlantis but without the ships from earth =)

And as for the title, hope they change it

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

i dunno whether i am going to relate to this new series at all. Nothing to do with Atlantis or SG-1? Sounds like it is heading into star trek territory!

if it relates to the races we have already seen then i will give it a go. However how can it not relate to SG-1 or Atlantis!? the tau'ri are now the fifth race and SG-1 are well known. Atlantis is part of the ancients' history. i just cant see how they will make a series that has nothing to do with SG-1 at least!

i will give it a chance but i dont see it lasting.
    Why can they not just do more seasons of SG-1!?

Maybe the series will take place somewhere even farther out in the Universe; millions if not billions of light years away from the Milky Way and Pegasus.

Earth Symbol Re: Stargate Universe

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasE View Post
    I can say that if it's shipbased i will not watch it. There's enough shows about that out there, even if they have all cancelled there's no reason to not go watch some reruns of the many shows like that.
    I'd rather see they manage to find or calculate a stargate adress to a galaxy to far away for their ships to travel and find a suitable location for further exploration. Basically you get Atlantis but without the ships from earth =)

And as for the title, hope they change it

You really won't watch it?
    I doubt the show will be entirely ship based but it will focus around a ship as much as the gate I think
    and they won't change the title
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    You really won't watch it?
    I doubt the show will be entirely ship based but it will focus around a ship as much as the gate I think
    and they won't change the title
    I read a JM quote in a thread that said the new show will rely heavily on the Stargate.

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

I think the name sucks for a series...I know there's websites with that name but it really really sucks (not as much as Continuum or Ark of Truth though)

I feel like TPTB are just churning it out for the sake of having another show, not because they've had a vision in mind for a while.

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)