Page 3 of 795 FirstFirst 1234561353103503 ... LastLast

Default Re: What do you think of the new show name Stargate Universe?

Guys, remember that it's probably only a working title.

I'm intrigued about the story - it's set in the same time period as SG-1/Atlantis, and it sounds like they realise that being about us going out there is an important part of the show, but it's going to be a 'separate entity' that isn't directly linked...

But, hey, at least it exists, and they're going start writing an actual pilot script this year.

Default Re: Third series is 'Stargate Universe'

As always, I have full faith in Cooper and Wright, they're just as much Stargate fans as the rest of us, if not, more!

Heartbroken Re: Third series is 'Stargate Universe'

I also want to say that I am conserned about the name. Something about Universe just doesn't inspire. I have to say though that as a fan fic writer, sometimes the hardest part is to come up will a good title that will stand out and make people want to read my story. Some of my working titles have been really lame, but the only reason I have them is to have a way to identify the work in my mind until I can come up with something better. I'm sure that as the plot develops, the PTB will find something better.

I have a greater consern on my mind after reading about this. They say this new series is going to be even more seperate from SG-1 and SGA than SGA was from SG-1 when it first started (before they got a ZPM to let them contact home or the Prometheus ever tried to reach them). This whole time since they anounced the third series plan, I have been praying that the SG-1 cast (at least 1 member) could move to that if we couldn't save them from cancellation. Does this mean that my last hope is dead?

Play It Grand

Lieutenant Colonel ACharmedAsgard's Avatar

If I had a choice I would call it something like Times of the Stargate or The World of Stargate.

I think it's going to be set on another Planet that has a Stargate maybe the Alpha Beta etc site o9r even a new world colonised by Earth - new characters, new storylines - Same Stargate aspect

Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Lieutenant Colonel Mister Oragahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naonak View Post
    Guys, remember that it's probably only a working title.

I'm intrigued about the story - it's set in the same time period as SG-1/Atlantis, and it sounds like they realise that being about us going out there is an important part of the show, but it's going to be a 'separate entity' that isn't directly linked...

But, hey, at least it exists, and they're going start writing an actual pilot script this year.
    They already have one page, with the basic premise I suppose, and several characters basically painted, as they suggested.

Seems to be a lot more than Atlantis ever got!

Chief Master Sergeant Cat_the_Alien's Avatar

A working title like "Universe" seems to imply that series 3 will be more widespread than SG1 or SGA. SG1 was very earth-centric, especially in the beginning, and of course, Atlantis revolved around Atlantis. "Universe" makes me think that it won't center around one particular location, but perhaps a group of people that travel and don't really have one specific home base?

Just speculation, of course.

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Probie

Smile Re: Third series is 'Stargate Universe'

Well in my opinion I'm watching it whatever it's name is It's surely got to be good considering the writers etc. They have so many stories left out there and for me nothing else hits the mark on telly from the original SG 1 through to Atlantis and Season 10. Bring it on and make it work please.

Chief Master Sergeant

I think it'd be cool if it was set on somekind of Earth ship travelling through the universe. WHAT did I just say?? Star Trek!!!

Lieutenant Colonel TheGreatLordGeorge's Avatar
    A little planet in a remote region of the galaxy

The whole thing is very cryptic, its in a different era but not a prequel or futuristic. THe key to the sstargate franchise is using our people, our scientists our astrophysics, but it is not connected to stargate atlnatis, I think it raised more questions than answered

Quote Originally Posted by Mar9645 View Post
    After creatively butchering first SG-1 and now SGA over the past four years, that quad-pack of Berman/Bragas who are currently running the Stargate franchise seriously think the world of sci fi fandom is breathlessly waiting for the next installment of their bait-and-switch Stargate universe?

Some of us have more discriminating tastes.
    It sounds more bigger that SG-1, it can be the best place to incorporate de 9º Chevron of the Stargate, to travel to another Galaxies mutch faster and easylie, maybe Alternate Universes.....
    Fabiano Klug
    O'neill say: I don't care.
    Stargate Brasil

Well, I'm all for the third series being autonomous, but let's hope it coexists with the other series, and has one or two familiar faces. Just like Atlantis, the new series should be born from the Stargate program, IMHO.

Wow nice to see this is moving forward and so far sounds really great. I agree the title isnt the best but since it is very early in production, it is obviously a working title. Remember we have seen titles change many times prior to airing. Can't wait, as long as they keep this up the SG universe will never die. Just keep Dean Devlin far away from this section of the SG universe.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

For those who aren't fond of the title, Rob was very specific to emphasize that "it is a working title." They are very, very early in the process, obviously.

I imagine that things like a show's title really get nailed down once the pilot has been written and given a green light for production, so that the studio and marketing team can start to think about how to best position the new series.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Yeah. The title is definately a bit iffy. But I'm guessing that they're looking for feedback on it, so they'll probably tell eachother on Monday, 'Did you see all the internet chat about the name? They hate it!' and they'll rethink it. *crosses fingers*.
    But whatever the title, it's bound to be good. I'm just wondering how they can make a show about stargate, that's completely separate from stargate, even more so than atlantis season 1.
    Oh, and boy am I glad that they're not doing a prequel! Wouldn't mind a show set a couple of years in the future though, like Next Gen, but it'd inpinge on atlantis' development way to much.
    Anyway, it's a little early to be critisising or praising them, so I suppose I'll just sit back and watch the news as it comes in.
    Godspeed, Don.

Daniel Re: Third series is 'Stargate Universe'

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    For those who aren't fond of the title, Rob was very specific to emphasize that "it is a working title." They are very, very early in the process, obviously.

I imagine that things like a show's title really get nailed down once the pilot has been written and given a green light for production, so that the studio and marketing team can start to think about how to best position the new series.
    Darren, if you don't mind my asking, was anything said as far as crossovers or guest stars? Anything about casting at all? I mean, Atlantis was given validity by Jack and Daniel appearing in the pilot, and several people have mentioned that this new project, whatever it is, should still originate from the SGC. Mr. Cooper didn't happen to touch on any such possibilities, did he?

Thanks,

Play It Grand

Nope, he's obviously tight-lipped about any story or character details. Because it's set in the current era there are of course possibilities for crossover appearances, but I wouldn't bet at this point on an SG-1 or Atlantis regular being a regular on the new show.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

I don't like the fact that the name doesn't give something away like the name Atlantis. But they will probably change to something that more closely identifies with the new series.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Sounds more like a game than a show...
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6181/mbeddiene8.jpg[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Master View Post
    I don't like the fact that the name doesn't give something away like the name Atlantis. But they will probably change to something that more closely identifies with the new series.
    Which is why they're going with that working title, a name like Atlantis gives alot away, the name Universe allows them to keep the concept under wraps until its ready to go into production.

I like that they're still going to set it in the present day, that's what makes Stargate, Stargate

About the being even more seperate from Atlantis than Atlantis was from SG-1, well that wouldn't be hard. Atlantis arose after the sg-1 team spending years trying to find the place, and exists to continue on the story of the ancients (before they ascended)
    http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3609/atlantis2os2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Master View Post
    I'd rather them not give too much away even with a tilte this early. I'd prefer them get alot more nailed down first.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.