Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
    I can say that if it's shipbased i will not watch it. There's enough shows about that out there, even if they have all cancelled there's no reason to not go watch some reruns of the many shows like that.
    I'd rather see they manage to find or calculate a stargate adress to a galaxy to far away for their ships to travel and find a suitable location for further exploration. Basically you get Atlantis but without the ships from earth =)

And as for the title, hope they change it

I'm sure it goes down hill from here.

Comment

It could be a bit of both. They could have the stargate on a ship and travel to different planets using that. Every once in a while the ship will change locations so the address changes and enemies can't dial in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien View Post
        A working title like "Universe" seems to imply that series 3 will be more widespread than SG1 or SGA. SG1 was very earth-centric, especially in the beginning, and of course, Atlantis revolved around Atlantis. "Universe" makes me think that it won't center around one particular location, but perhaps a group of people that travel and don't really have one specific home base?

Just speculation, of course.
        I really like the idea of a group that doesn't have a home base, that could be quite fun. As for the title, as a final title, it sucks, but as a working title, it's great. Sometimes working titles need to be a little hokey.

Comment

What's in a name?

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
          I feel like TPTB are just churning it out for the sake of having another show, not because they've had a vision in mind for a while.
          Yeah, I feel the same. Keep dragging it out until the franchise is drained and has nothing more to give.

If it's solely ship-based, it would be Star Trek all over again. So, if they do literally mean they are going to use the Gate a lot...would be the best idea since its Stargate and not Starship.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The working title of the third Stargate television series has been unveiled! The series currently exists in the form of a one-page treatment of the story and characters, with the title Stargate Universe, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.
            From the GateWorld news article.

It says "working" title!! Lots of potential for change!

I don't really mind whether this 3rd series is another spin-off or independent...I liked how Atlantis is very closely tied to SG-1. I do hope for more ships and ship-based stuff! (spaceships, not relationships!)
            sine sine cosine sine,
            three point one four one five nine!
            Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
            [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
            This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

the working title usually means the title of the show when it airs. i'm not sure about it, it sounds a little vague. SG-1 was about SG-1. Atlantis is all about the Atlantis expedition. Is the new series about the entire universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                Is the new series about the entire universe?
                Would make it easier to bring in old characters... I imagine they are thinking about it.

Comment

the working title usually means the title of the show when it airs. i'm not sure about it, it sounds a little vague. SG-1 was about SG-1. Atlantis is all about the Atlantis expedition. Is the new series about the entire universe?
                  No, the "working title" means the title they are currently working with. It may become the final name, or it may not.

& no idea, like you say, the news is a little vague.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyshoe View Post
                    Wow, Stargate Universe? wth? That sounds like the title of a bad B-movie to me. I hope they change it, and fast.
                    Well that's good because it will most likely be ripping off B-movies like they did for the other Stargates.

Fire the writers already and hire new people! I don't want to see replicators or another version of Jack or more pointless bad guys. HIRE NEW PEOPLE!!!

And no time travel, deal god no.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Would make it easier to bring in old characters... I imagine they are thinking about it.
                      If we assume that the universe is infinite, anything that could exist does exist because there are an infinite number of possibilities that it could exist. a show set within this universe could involve any character, race, ship or planet from stargates past and present whether they are dead, extinct or destroyed.

Comment

If we assume that the universe is infinite, anything that could exist does exist because there are an infinite number of possibilities that it could exist. a show set within this universe could involve any character, race, ship or planet from stargates past and present whether they are dead, extinct or destroyed.
                        Well, that makes for a whole lot of possibilities...maybe do something with the "Grand Central Station of the Multiverse"...

Comment

I dont see why they cant just name it stargate command and just have it follow another team like SG12 threw the gate instead of sg1.

But if they want this show to be totally different then get new writers, cause using the same ones we had just wont cut it.

Just do a lost in space but still able to contact sgc sometimes but not able to go back to earth.
                          LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

im not really sure if im looking foward to this, for one the title is horrible STARGATE UNIVERSE, sounds like an mmorpg, id rather have a story line about the Ancients or Asgard then a ship based show
                            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Well, that makes for a whole lot of possibilities...maybe do something with the "Grand Central Station of the Multiverse"...
                              Just wondering, have you read a comicbook series by Alan Moore titled 'Top 10'?

Comment

Sounds like a working title.

Comment

Working...
                                X