Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
    The whole thing is very cryptic, its in a different era but not a prequel or futuristic. THe key to the sstargate franchise is using our people, our scientists our astrophysics, but it is not connected to stargate atlnatis, I think it raised more questions than answered
    Hmz, it sounds as if they want to create "Stargate: Command"; which I belive what they wanted SG1 to naturally develop/morph into?
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

in my opinion it should be about going public with the stargate program. establishing fleets and slowly bringing all the new technology online and bringing the whole world in perspective to the stargate universe. essentially bringing the human race as a whole into the picture instead of select civilian and military personnel. or i wouldn't mind them having a show about the deadelus and colonel caldwell i think that would be awesome to watch all the the deadelus's journey's, maybe sending them on exploration missions etc....but i think it may be too star trekkie..

Gelasius

Comment

I don't like the name at all. Stargate: Legacy has been thrown around this forum, and it has a much better sound than "Universe."

This sounds like an ambitious undertaking. If they don't put a lot of effort into making 'a Stargate show that doesn't effect SG-1 or Atlantis, but exists in the same Universe & time period' it'll cross into mid-season cancellation territory.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
          I dont know what to think of the show yet seeing how we have nothing o go with yet ... I mean it could be something setup where they are off fighting alot more enmies throw out the whole Universe , or it could be just be a code name at this point ....

I just hope they keep something from Atlantis and SG-1 and bring it over to the new show ... I also hope they could get something ready for either this fall or maybe setup something where once STARGATE SG-A is in a med season , they start up this new series ... having STARGATE going for a year around show ...
          I don't think that any part of the Atlantis or Sg-1 show are going to be apart of this. Sounds like they are going to do a TV movie first and then move into the series as a seperate enity
          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I like it. I named my fansite at Gamespot the stargate universe a few years ago
            ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

I think "Stargate Command" sounds perfectly fine if you're going for something general.

"Stargate Universe" sounds like a novelty store or a chain restaurant. "I'll have an irisburger, hold the naquadah, with a side of Jaffa staffs, and a small tretonin."
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
                You did not watch ST:TNG or Voyager or DS9 either considering they were in a different time period to the original Star Trek?
                Ah, I guess I should have been more specific in my post. Late night, what can I say?

I think Enterprise sucked in part because it was a prequel. Trek has enough problems keeping its own continuity without going back into its own timeline to screw stuff up. 'Tis why I'm not particularly looking forward to Star Trek XI, whenever it comes out. That is all.
                sigpic
                Sig quote c/o Spiletta42, Sig pic a gift from JennniferJF. TY!
                Reality is for people who can't handle Science-Fiction

Comment

I think that the name is really bad but then again it's just the working title for the moment, and hopefully it'll get changed to something better.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Sounds like Infinity and Worlds to me....although SG Worlds actually looks good and can get away with it because it's a game.
                    Last edited by Admiral Mappalazarou; 24 March 2007, 11:10 AM.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                      Sounds more like a game than a show...
                      LOL...Stargate the gameshow...hehehehe

A gameshow that has contestants from all over the universe perhaps?!

Anyways on a more serious note I don't hate it...it does intrigue me enough to want to know more...but the name does seem a bit out-of-place and not quite right...
                      sigpic

Spread the Mckay LOVE... around and around ... until you get Dizzy!

Daniel and Vala Forever xXx
                      "You should of seen me! I was amazing!"

Comment

Why didn't they just call it Stargates on a Plane?

sigpic

Comment

I have only one question: How long before they announce that Sam Carter is the main character?
                          sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                          ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Never. Ok, moving on.

Well, I certainly can't wait to see more of it. It's a Stargate series, after all, it'll be strange that I wouldn't at least give it a chance.

Comment

So we finally know the title......
                              Personally I think that a title like universe indicates that it will be ship based with there being an episode where they use the gate every know again but thats just me I could very easily be wrong.....I think that a ship based series with freshen things up as long as they keep it very military and not like star trek with replicators (not the robots the other kind) self aware holograms and intelligent aliens everywhere

Also I hope they stick to the enemys and galaxies that they have already discovered.........

We now know its about chevron 9 so perhaps exploring another universe judging by the title?

Any comments, ideas, criticism?
                              (Of the new title not my crazy ideas)

Wow I got a sticky....go me!
                              Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 25 March 2007, 12:31 PM.
                              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I can say that if it's shipbased i will not watch it. There's enough shows about that out there, even if they have all cancelled there's no reason to not go watch some reruns of the many shows like that.
                                I'd rather see they manage to find or calculate a stargate adress to a galaxy to far away for their ships to travel and find a suitable location for further exploration. Basically you get Atlantis but without the ships from earth =)

And as for the title, hope they change it
                                Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                                Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X