This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were we thinking?

I just re-watched "The Shroud," and I realized that every ep from s9-s10 aside from this episode was missing something.... It's star!

Personally I think the cancellation was worth it, if it means we get Jack back leading the team into 2 2-hour movies per year after the Ori arc closes. IMO, 4 hours of the real SG-1 blows 15 hours of pseudo SG-1 out of the water. Not to mention that recently some of the eps were getting a little too silly. I look forward to seeing Jack interacting w/ Vala, and Cam taking orders in the field.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

well I thought RDA had only signed up for Continuum.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      I just re-watched "The Shroud," and I realized that every ep from s9-s10 aside from this episode was missing something.... It's star!

Personally I think the cancellation was worth it, if it means we get Jack back leading the team into 2 2-hour movies per year after the Ori arc closes. IMO, 4 hours of the real SG-1 blows 15 hours of pseudo SG-1 out of the water. Not to mention that recently some of the eps were getting a little too silly. I look forward to seeing Jack interacting w/ Vala, and Cam taking orders in the field.
      Sorry but then your really going to get pissed off with the FIRST Movie , Seeing how R.D.A wont be in that movie ... Yes he will be in the second movie . As for Season 9 and 10 of SG-1 , they where great . It was sad that Sci-Fi made the choice to can the show so soon after they get a few new cast members for the show itself ...

As for Jack or R.D.A , hes a great actor , but he wasnt the whole show . He just brought alot of fans from Macgyver to STARGATE when he came onborad with the show . He did make the first 8 years really great , but it also had to do with the rest of the cast as well , and have Ben taking hes place was also great , he did a great job with the scrips he was given ...

If there is anyone to look at for the wrong things in the series , it would be TPTB , the people that made the Writters do 2 shows , instead of hiring two teams of writters ...

Comment

I do like RDA too but he decided to leave so TPTB decided to go on without him because they got picked up. I have watched all of SG-1 now and yes there is a difference between 1-8 and 9 -10 but not in bad way just different different doesn't mean bad but that's JMHO please don't flame me that's just how I see it you can see it differently neither way is wrong.
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

It took you to The Shroud to realize RDA was gone?

Somebody has trouble paying attention, me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
            well I thought RDA had only signed up for Continuum.
            Officially he has, but I am pretty sure that RDA was asked about doing both. It being announced he's doing Continuum but nothing about TAoT is probably a sign he's not doing the first.

I have to agree it would be great seeing how Cam and Vala respond to Jack. I think having Jack playing an important role, even if it leads to a 6 person team would be interesting to say the least.

If the chance of "Jack back leading the team into 2 2-hour movies per year after the Ori arc closes" could happen, I would love to see the occasional pre-season 9 movie, something that could include Hammond, just so we can see the good old SG1 we came to know and love. It's true everyone has gotten older, but I dont think people would really care to see just to see things how they were. We do know that missions have happened even tought we didn't see it on air just opens possibilities.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            It took you to The Shroud to realize RDA was gone?

Somebody has trouble paying attention, me thinks.
            I think The Shroud was one of these episodes which just help us realise just how much we miss Jack and how things were. None of his guest appearances really showed us what we were missing (Return II came close) until The Shroud.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
              Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              Personally I think the cancellation was worth it, if it means we get Jack back leading the team into 2 2-hour movies per year after the Ori arc closes.
              Sorry but then your really going to get pissed off with the FIRST Movie , Seeing how R.D.A wont be in that movie ...
              .... Read much?
              Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              I think The Shroud was one of these episodes which just help us realise just how much we miss Jack and how things were. None of his guest appearances really showed us what we were missing (Return II came close) until The Shroud.
              You said it better than I did. I think his Return II appearance did bring back the old Jack, but it lacked the team dynamic that brings out the character.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              I would love to see the occasional pre-season 9 movie, something that could include Hammond, just so we can see the good old SG1 we came to know and love. It's true everyone has gotten older, but I dont think people would really care to see just to see things how they were. We do know that missions have happened even tought we didn't see it on air just opens possibilities.
              Agreed. I guess they'd have to take place somewhere in mid-season 7 for the original team. I'd also love to see Jonas get a proper goodbye.
              Last edited by Ripple in Space; 23 March 2007, 10:24 PM.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
              X