This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld/Wraith voices...some spoilers for all Seasons and SG-A

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I had a few questions about Goa'uld and Wraith voices.

1. Why exactly does the symbiote do that makes the hosts' voice go all deepy and echoey? The Tok'ra can turn it off and on depending on whether the host/symbiote is in control, but it seems like a few Goa'uld can also turn it off...
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Like in "Hathor", she turned it off for a while, but then still had the voice.

2. Why did Anubis have a very different voice? The containment mask musta had some sort of voice synthesizer, cuz his voice sounded deeper, reverberating, and was sorta borgish/Vish where it wsa several voices compressed into one.

3. In "Sacrifices"
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Moloc appeared to have a voice different from other Goa'uld. Did anyone else notice that? It was almost Anubis-like. Any ideas or am I just imagining it?

4. The Wraith in "Rising" and the Genii episode with Steve
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Had reverberating, echoing, almost Anubis-like voices too, but different from Goa'uld voices.

I wonder how they make that effect. I would love to have a voice like that. My voice sounds nasally and high for my age, so it would be cool to have a voice like Anubis or Moloc.

Sorry for rambling.

Originally posted by LordAnubis
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but I had a few questions about Goa'uld and Wraith voices.

1. Why exactly does the symbiote do that makes the hosts' voice go all deepy and echoey? The Tok'ra can turn it off and on depending on whether the host/symbiote is in control, but it seems like a few Goa'uld can also turn it off...
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Like in "Hathor", she turned it off for a while, but then still had the voice.

2. Why did Anubis have a very different voice? The containment mask musta had some sort of voice synthesizer, cuz his voice sounded deeper, reverberating, and was sorta borgish/Vish where it wsa several voices compressed into one.

3. In "Sacrifices"
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Moloc appeared to have a voice different from other Goa'uld. Did anyone else notice that? It was almost Anubis-like. Any ideas or am I just imagining it?

4. The Wraith in "Rising" and the Genii episode with Steve
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Had reverberating, echoing, almost Anubis-like voices too, but different from Goa'uld voices.

I wonder how they make that effect. I would love to have a voice like that. My voice sounds nasally and high for my age, so it would be cool to have a voice like Anubis or Moloc.

Sorry for rambling.
    goa'uld make ther voies go deepy and echoey when they mad uselly

Comment

The Goa'uld can use either their own or their host's voice. The Goa'uld wavy voice is normally used when (as the one who posted before me) is mad, or simply wish to assert their dominance.

Comment

Yes; the flanged voice is the symbiote speaking directly. The "human" voice is the symbiote commanding the host to speak and telling it what to say.
        "It's a plant."

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis

Sorry for rambling.
          Probably changing the level of the mike they were using or bu computer. But it is cool.

And you weren't rambling.

Comment

Working...
          X