This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Tru Calling" on hiatus until January 2005

The Futon Critic is reporting that the FOX Network has shelved the series, "Tru Calling" until January 2005 -- the series was to have started it's second season on November 4 2004.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...=20040913fox01

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Umm... How mean, whats going to be in its placed?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

the "Tru calling" season 1 finale was absolutly great but
      Spoiler:
      so sad for Tru Poor luke (I hope he's gonna call her from under the grave)...and creepy Jack (Not fair he cheated Faith ) ..and OMG the dad ...

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        Umm... How mean, whats going to be in its placed?

Well, if I'm reading the Futon Critic article correctly:

9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT NORTH SHORE

Also, Zap2It has an article about this development now:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|90605|1|,00.html

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

January? Meh, Oh well. At least it will be on. Not too many new shows thrown at me at once.
          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I don't know, maybe it wont have repeats, and thats usually better, so that we don't have to wait for new episodes I didn't like the season finale though, it kind of made me go, ok, that was kind of stupid, but i still liked parts of it.

Comment

I've been a fan of Eliza Dushku's since Faith turned up in season 3 of BtVS. I've seen most of her films (yes, even Soul Survivors), and I'm glad that Fox picked up Tru Calling for another season. I have not been able to get into the show at all though. The fact that Fox did pick it up for a second season shows that they're commited to it, because the ratings sure didn't set any records. I know it was in a murderous timeslot, but usually networks just kill a series and throw something else to the wolves in a situation like that. Anyway, I'll give it another try when the new season starts in January, and hopefully this year I'll be able to get into the show.
              Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
              O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
              O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Shame really, although I'm in the UK, I believe we were getting season two here in January so we're bound to get a delay too. Darn it!
                __

__

Comment

I still haven't heard if some of the main characters (minus an obvious character) are gone or not I do know her brother is in the show still, according to spoilers, but what about Lindsey Newho... Hopefully the whole 'stop messing with the universe' won't be too annoying for me next season

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                    I still haven't heard if some of the main characters (minus an obvious character) are gone or not I do know her brother is in the show still, according to spoilers, but what about Lindsey Newho... Hopefully the whole 'stop messing with the universe' won't be too annoying for me next season

As far as I have read, the actress who plays Tru will obviously star, hence she's the star of the show, as goes with the actor who plays Harrison. Lindsey is apparently not returning in the second season, after she had 'Two Weddings' in the final episode. Weird really.

I think the ending of season one was great. Finding out who Tru's dad really was, who Jack was and paid that man to have his wife killed. I have to admit, her dad is complete evil. However, I seem to like Jack more for some reason.
                    __

__

Comment

The show started strong, had a little dip somewhere in the middle, but it was picking up speed again and had a great final, so why the hell are the doing this. It's gonna kill off the few occasional fans the show had :angry:
                      Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

Originally posted by Xenan
                        The show started strong, had a little dip somewhere in the middle, but it was picking up speed again and had a great final, so why the hell are the doing this. It's gonna kill off the few occasional fans the show had :angry:

It's not necessarily anything to do with ratings, as I know, that some episode scored some very high ones, yet others did not, mainly around mid-season. The last three-four episodes really picked up the pace though. It may be something to do with the show, perhaps something with the actors and casting perhaps? Since they probably haven't finished the final scripts for season two yet anyway. But at least it will be returning.
                        __

__

Comment

The thing i'm happy about is that Fox actually stayed with a show, and didn't cancel it after a couple of episodes.

Comment

I'm surprised Fox is keeping the show, considering how poorly they treated it. I remember back when it premiered. This is a generally creepy show, but I remember the commercials playing "All You Wanted" by Michelle Branch in the background. It made the show sound completely different from what it was.
                            Also, the commercials I saw on Fox kept saying it would premiere "This Week." I don't think I ever saw a commercial that gave a time and day for the show. It took me forever to figure out when it aired. It's almost like Fox didn't even want this show.
                            It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

looks like another blow for Tru Calling

from thefutoncritic.com

"Meanwhile as for "Tru Calling," the decision by FOX yesterday to postpone the show's second season launch on November 4 has exposed some serious issues about the series' future. Originally given a 13-episode order for its second season, industry insiders say the network may halt production once work completes on its sixth episode. The reason however isn't a creative one (FOX reportedly likes the direction the show is taking for its new season), but rather like most TV-related decisions, an economic one.

With a hefty midseason roster that includes over a dozen series - such as dramas "Athens," "The Inside," "Point Pleasant," "Johnny Zero" and season four of "24"; comedies "American Dad," "Related by Family" and "The Sketch Show"; new reality projects "Hell's Kitchen" and "Nanny 911" not to mention fresh seasons of "American Idol" and "The Simple Life" - the network is undoubtedly looking to cut back on some of its commitments. And with "Tru" being at best a modest success for FOX, the odds are much higher for one of its new dramatic entries to succeed than to go to bat again with the middling "Tru."

No formal decision has been made about rolling back the show's 13-episode order nor has producer 20th Century Fox Television or Original Television commented on the possibility. The pair are also behind "Point Pleasant" on the network."
                              Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                              O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                              O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X