Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the race that built the ships in grace would become a threat in the new

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
    Dude, I directly quoted you and your post said that that the ancients first encountered the wraith 10,000 years ago. I merely corrected you by saying the ancients left atlantis 10,000 years ago.
    Huh! What is there to correct? As I again 'correctly' stated, in 'Echoes' they said the coronal ejection happens every 15,000 years. The last time it happened they were caught by surprise, the pilot managed to get back to Atlantis & warn them what was coming. They managed to raise the shield & extend it around a large part of the planet. A few mins later McKay asks Shep why the Ancients didn't do it back the last time it happened (15,000 years ago) by using a ZPM & ship to deflect it away from the path of their planet. Shep replies by saying they probably couldn't could spare a ship because they were busy fighting a war with the Wraith. Which couldn't have been possible because they didn't encounter the Wraith until another 5000 years later.

Therefore the writers royally screwed up on that point. Which was why I brought it up in the first place to express my doubts that they have charts with meticulous timelines which they run everything through.

Comment

It had nothing to do with Echoes.

You said, in your original post, that the Ancients met the Wraith 10000 years ago (check it out if you don't believe me), and freyr's mother was merely saying that that's wrong.

Which it is.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

You said, in your original post, that the Ancients met the Wraith 10000 years ago (check it out if you don't believe me), and freyr's mother was merely saying that that's wrong.

Which it is.
        Thank you!

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
          I'm remember an interview where the producer said that they have this MASSIVE chart somewhere where they have a time line of ALL events in the SG universe, along with ALL alien races and characters, with their appearances and lifespans. Who is dead, who is still alive.

That way its easy for them to avoid contradictions, and create links between different stories, and see who they haven't killed off so they can bring them back, be it a person, or an alien race.

So I'm pretty sure they haven't FORGOTTEN about the shippers, just as they have not forgotten about the Furlings. Its very possible we'll never see them again, but that would be intentional. Its also possible we WILL see them again. Its good to know they haven't forgotten
          I would love to see that chart..

Comment

Which it is.
            So he should have said 9900 or ~10,000 years ago. Sometimes people round off when talking about extremely large periods of time. His slight inaccuracy in marking time doesn't diminish his main point that the writers screw up sometimes.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Just to make sure...you know what the shippers are, right?

Like, in real life?
              haha yeah, but why not call those aliens Shippers? the creators did

Comment

^Good, just making sure.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                So he should have said 9900 or ~10,000 years ago. Sometimes people round off when talking about extremely large periods of time. His slight inaccuracy in marking time doesn't diminish his main point that the writers screw up sometimes.

Yeah, but that was never in discussion. We were just pointing out an error, which is an error in this case since something very special happened 10000 years ago. You can't round it when the resulting number is also important; you know what I mean?

Comment

PG15 I would give up. Some people are just dumb and they'll never understand.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Yeah, but that was never in discussion. We were just pointing out an error, which is an error in this case since something very special happened 10000 years ago. You can't round it when the resulting number is also important; you know what I mean?
                    I know it's an error, I never said it wasn't. But you got what he was talking about, right? Why dwell on it? Admittedly he could have responded to freyr's mother in a less condescending manner, extremely condescending now that I read it again, but still it was a slight mistake. Should he have said that you guys were right, absolutely, but why get worked up about it?

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                    PG15 I would give up. Some people are just dumb and they'll never understand.
                    I understand perfectly, and I don't have to resort to insults to make a point.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Actually, I thought we were done, until you chimed in.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                        When I see it, for some reason it reminds me of a race like the Predators or Hirogen. I can just imagine the armour clad warriors standing on the bridge looking down on this little enemy ship.
                        Yeah it reminds me of the predators too, it would be awesomwe if these people were brought up again as they seem to be experienced in fighting people who used similar weapons to the prommie at the time as shown by the point defence. so they would make an interesting foe. it is a pity we probably won't see them again though.

edit: Seriously guys just let it go, and lets get back on topic.
                        Last edited by Spirit of disturbing music; 25 March 2007, 06:00 AM.
                        here is a picture of me at my high school concert
                        look

http://www.urbandead.com/index.html

For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!

The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling

Comment

Actually, I thought we were done, until you chimed in.
                          My bad then, I didn't realize the arguement was over .

Comment

Its quite possible tptb did say we have seen them before so it may well be the grace aliens.

Comment

Working...
                            X