No announcement yet.

D. O. C. (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get the impression at all that the writers are implying Kate is pregnant. Juliet's line is:

Ben, its six AM on Saturday morning. Kwon is pregnant, the foetus is healthy and was conceived on-Island with husband, he was sterile before they got here. I'm still working on getting samples from the other women, I should have Austen's soon. I'll report back when I know more.
    Clearly they are studying the women (plural) from Oceanic 815, and are after samples of some sort (blood, perhaps). But this doesn't say to me that Kate may be pregnant -- just that she, along with other women (again, plural -- and Sun is the only pregnant woman we know about), are part of the study.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

But if the island increases the men's sperm count so dramatically, so much so that a sterile Jin was able to impregnate Sun - wouldn't the chance of Sawyer impregnating Kate be pretty high, especially since we know he's not sterile (he has a kid already) and as far as I can tell, they weren't real worried about protection.

I think the Others would like for Kate to be pregnant, that's one reason they put her and Sawyer in the situation with the cages. That, and of course to manipulate Jack.
      sigpic

Comment

They may not KNOW she's pregnant, but they clearly hinted at the possibility, otherwise why mention Kate by name?
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
          But if the island increases the men's sperm count so dramatically, so much so that a sterile Jin was able to impregnate Sun - wouldn't the chance of Sawyer impregnating Kate be pretty high, especially since we know he's not sterile (he has a kid already) and as far as I can tell, they weren't real worried about protection.

I think the Others would like for Kate to be pregnant, that's one reason they put her and Sawyer in the situation with the cages. That, and of course to manipulate Jack.
          It depends on what's happening with the woman too, I'd guess. What time of the month it was?

Even if a billion x as many sperm are produced it won't do any good unless they're super-long lived too ...
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

The island could of course also be making the women super-fertile as well.
            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
              They may not KNOW she's pregnant, but they clearly hinted at the possibility, otherwise why mention Kate by name?

I thought it was more along the lines of: we (the viewers) don't really know the names of any other women of child-bearing age on the beach. I guess I didn't think about it any more than that. I hope Kate isn't pregnant, that would be so cliche!

Comment

Surely Kate would be worried if there were any chance? Her first concern when she heard of the pregnancy/death link was Sun. She ever went so far as to have sex with Sawyer again afterwards... I don't know. I really hope she isn't though.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Both times Kate was with Sawyer, it was an emotional reaction. I don't think she was really thinking clearly, just going with gut instinct. She was hurting, Sawyer was available and apparently willing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe Kate has one of those birth control implants? Or else Sawyer managed to keep all the condoms he found when he gathered his stash.

Comment

Working...
                    X