• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Behind (315)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    LEFT BEHIND
    EPISODE NUMBER - 315

When the Others decide to leave their neighborhood, Kate is left unconscious in the jungle to fend for herself -- handcuffed to Juliet, who has also been abandoned. Sawyers tries to improve his image when Hurley warns him that the beach camp is about to vote him out.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:01 PM.

Elizabeth Mitchell + Evangeline Lilly + handcuffs + mud = need I say more?

Interesting episode. I wonder where the Others have gone? I get the feeling Juliet is in on some kind of scheme with Ben. Hopefully now she's hanging around with the Losties she'll spill some juicy info on the Others.
    Last edited by lunarleviathan; 04 April 2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I think this week's episode was better than last week's.

I agree that Juliette may be a plant, meant to keep tabs on the survivors and possibly trying to manipulate them to some extent (as in keeping them away from the others, etc..)

So was Juliette telling the truth when she said that the others know about the black smoke, but they don't know what it is either?

So is locke officialy an "other" now?

So Kate hooked up with one of Sawyers old targets... Another "coincidental connection".

Another week. Another batch of new questions to ponder, and no answers to any old questions yet.

Comment

I don't think Locke is another "Other". Ben would want Locke around because of the wheelchair, and Locke would stay because of his father showing up.

Juliette being a planet is very likely, but after what she did in order to save Ben, I can't see it. Since she wouldn't be killed for killing another member of their group, banishment would be the next best thing. However it would be very convenient for to have keys for handcuffs after they dumped her. Hopefully she'll actually tell people what she knows, but I think she's lying about not knowing what the monster is. No way Dharma would bring her there, have her recruiters there, and still have no idea when they've got access to everything they need, want and more.

I liked the episode a lot, disappointed there was no Danielle/Alex interaction, and that more focus was spent away from Camp, but I did like the flashbacks and the connection Sawyer and Kate have.

That's two kids Sawyer should now have now, hopefully he'll find out about the second kid. Hurley was excellent in this episode. I knew the whole banishment thing would have been a joke but I was surprised when Hurley said why he did it.

sigpic

Comment

Another good Lost episode. We saw/heard the monster twice, and although Juliet might have known of its existance, it still seemed she had never encountered it before. Further proof that the monster checks out the people in some way, shape or form.

Cassidy. After the first few seconds of the "Previously on", I thought the spoilers were wrong and that we would get a Sawyer ep instead. I'm glad to see more exploration of Sawyer's past from an outsider view (i.e. Cassidy). On the other hand, Kate's flashback was pretty much a throwaway; I just really enjoyed seeing Cassidy, and I think TPTB could do something like this way more often, especially for dead characters like Libby.

Hurley. LOL. Didn't see that coming.

I still reserve judgment about Juliet. At the beginning of this ep, I wasn't sure whether i should trust here, and when I saw enough proof for trust, it turned out it was a scam (the audience just doesn't know if it was minor or major). Telling from the preview, it's going to be exciting.
          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            That's two kids Sawyer should now have now, hopefully he'll find out about the second kid. Hurley was excellent in this episode. I knew the whole banishment thing would have been a joke but I was surprised when Hurley said why he did it.
            Wait, TWO kids? I thought there was just the one: his daughter with Cassidy. Is there another one that I missed?

The whole Kate/Juliet catfight wasn't as much fun as I was hoping. Juliet's smugness* needed to be taken down a notch, and Kate can be pretty ruthless. But no, one dislocated shoulder and she's apologizing. Feh.

And, once again, Hurley rocks.

* - All the Others seem pretty damn smug to me, but then again, Elizabeth Mitchell has this curl in her lip that makes her look like she's smirking all the time, so it could be my imagination...
            Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
            What have these years left to me?
            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Lots of SMOKEY! What were those "flashes" when we saw Kate and Juliet from Smokey's POV? I want to see screen caps of Smokey being repelled by the fence.

BTW - Juliet punched in 16 and 23. The numbers are back.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

great episode.

Comment

I like how all these people are in each other's past, even though they may not know it. Last night with Kate and Sawyer's girl was no exception.

I too am wondering why they left Juliet there. It can't be that simple that they just left her there......it has to be more layered than that.

Sawyer......ah Sawyer. Hurley outconned the Con Man. Sweeeet! I almost spit out my drink when Sawyer was holding Aaron and trying not to panic....that was cute. Hurley.....DUDE!!!!.....you rock.

IHS
                  sigpic

Comment

I sort of almost kind of started to trust Juliet when Kate woke up handcuffed to her, but then as soon as she pulled a handcuff key out of her pocket I knew she was still working completely for The Others. If she is the sort of person to carry a handcuff key around then the Others would have known that and would probably have taken it off her when they gassed her. If she isn't the type, then why would she have one if she didn't know she was going to be handcuffed?

Hurley's con of con man Sawyer was hilarious! I am shocked he caught a fish, but my god was it funny watching him try to deal with it. He has a long, long way to go to redeem himself with Sun, but he seems to be redeeming himself with everyone else. The expression on his face when Claire handed him the baby was priceless, by the way.

Now that it is starting to be rainy season, why oh why do they still have open shelters with no walls?! That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Also, I am once again amazed at how interconnected they all are. Who knew that Kate was helped by Sawyer's ex, who eventually had his child (that he doesn't know about)?

Just one more nitpick. Now, I am not the sort of person to live in a chubby glass house and throw stones, but after three months stranded on an island, with daily exercise & not a whole lot of food (not to mention a lot of heat, which makes you sweat), why is it that Hurley is not only not losing weight, but he seems (at least to me) to be gaining it? Is it something on the island? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean, the island helps cure physical ailments, why wouldn't it cure mental ones (and Hurley's weight problem is definitely related to the trauma of his dad leaving them)? I know, I know, that is dictated by the weight of the actor but (again, not throwing stones in my own chubby glass house!)... it just seems wrong.

Comment

Excellent episode.

I still don't know if I trust Juliet or not, but apparently Jack does. This should cause some interesting dynamics when they get back to the beach.

Hurley was great. Love that he outconned Sawyer.

As for Sawyer's baby, as far as I know, he only has one, by Cassidy and he knows about it. That's the baby he set up the trust fund for.
                      sigpic

Comment

Some people don't seem to realize the flashbacks aren't in chronological order. This flashback was before the one where Sawyer met up with Cassidy.
                        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
                          Some people don't seem to realize the flashbacks aren't in chronological order. This flashback was before the one where Sawyer met up with Cassidy.
                          No. The flashback in this episode is after she has met Sawyer. Sawyer was the one who taught her how to con, while in the process he managed to con her out of her money while pretending to be teaching her the long con. It seems that as a result of Cassidy meeting Kate, Sawyer was sent to jail after she shopped him, based on Kate's advice.

Indeed there only is one baby, namely Clementine Phillips.

Comment

This is what I hate about flashbacks, no bloody order.

So let me get this straight: Sawyer cons Cassidy and knocks her up. Cassidy meets Kate and then Cassidy goes after Sawyer and gets him locked up, where he gets the reward for the conning a guy insde, which is then given to his/cassidy's daughter?

So he's not already got one kid by some unknown woman and now a second child with Cassidy? His own flashbacks 11 episodes ago were set after this episodes?

They should really sort out the chronology with these.

--

As for Hurley's weight loss. I think they tried to explain it early on with him stashing food, and now with Dharma making food drops, pLus the overall shortness of time passage. Although I do not believe any actor[ess] should change their appearance just for a role, it would be nice to see Hurly lose a bit of weight, even if they end up writing in something at a later date to explain how he gains it back.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              This is what I hate about flashbacks, no bloody order.

So let me get this straight: Sawyer cons Cassidy and knocks her up. Cassidy meets Kate and then Cassidy goes after Sawyer and gets him locked up, where he gets the reward for the conning a guy insde, which is then given to his/cassidy's daughter?

So he's not already got one kid by some unknown woman and now a second child with Cassidy? His own flashbacks 11 episodes ago were set after this episodes?

They should really sort out the chronology with these.

--

As for Hurley's weight loss. I think they tried to explain it early on with him stashing food, and now with Dharma making food drops, pLus the overall shortness of time passage. Although I do not believe any actor[ess] should change their appearance just for a role, it would be nice to see Hurly lose a bit of weight, even if they end up writing in something at a later date to explain how he gains it back.
                              Exactly.

If Jorge Garcia were to lose weight, it could easily be explained in "real time" events in Lost. However, filming Hurley flashbacks wouldn't be so easily explained.

Comment

Working...
                              X