Expose (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ste View Post
    he was in 300?? ha i ahve to watch it again now, good thing i get free films, newho, that episode that karma will get you, even on a hidden island, the 2 of them wernt nice people and there death was by no means nice, so the moral of the episode is . . . . BE NICE
    Paulo starred as Xerxes.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

They can stay buried.

I didn't think it was a particularly bad episode, but the way that Nikki and Paulo were forced into everything really annoyed me. Why the hell wouldn't they tell anybody about an underground bunker?!
      Was anybody else half-expecting them to find the other door into the Swan and go have a chat with Desmond?

The crash scenes were amazingly well done, but they shouldn't have had Locke shouting at her. (it didn't happen in the Pilot, so it's too big a change, IMO)

It's weird - I didn't particularly care about Boone when he was still around, but now it I like it whenever he turns up in a flashback or something...

Hurley was great, ("It's like Baywatch, but better!") although oddly unbothered by their deaths.

Comment

What a cheap way to get rid of characters! i actually liked them and i thought that they were guna have some big mysterious back story to do with the overall mystery of the island but no they killed someone and stole just like all the other characters can the writers not have an interesting backstory i am not tired of lost

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
          Paulo starred as Xerxes.
          wow, make up can do magic stuff

Comment

As far as i'm concerned, Lost's weakest aspect is the formulaic nature of the flashbacks, which results in every episode having a flashback (often for routine sake). So far this season, they've done a fairly good job of either making the flashes have interesting information (confirmation of Sun's affair, Sawyer's daughter, confirmation of Jack/Claire's connection) or focus on new characters (Juliet) or, as this episode did, break the mould : Desmond's time travel and now Nikki and Paulo's exploits unfolding on and off the island as an unravelling murder mystery.

Someone somewhere (maybe even in this very thread) pointed out that this has been one of the very few, if not the only, episode this season to feature all the billed regular cast (not to mention guest stars). It was definitely good to see Juliet/Ben, Jack and his merry band of would-be rescuers back with the Beach Brigade, not to mention Boone, Shannon, Dr Arzt and Ethan.

This episode also gets points for having the mere presence of Billy Dee Williams. Anything with Lando Calrissian is a good thing !

Now, onto those who felt this episode accomplished nothing :

- the extreme coincidence of the smuggler's plane completing the question mark is reduced to less of a coincidence/fate (maybe even a case of the Island using the plane as reference point for Locke to find the Pearl) by the fact that Ben and Juliet deliberately covered the Pearl entrance with the plane.

- Nikki and Paulo had a reasonable explanation for not revealing what they had found ; fear of raising suspicion over what they were doing in the jungle/hatch leading to someone else finding the diamonds. Also, there are shades of Jack and co. leadership style coming back to bite them : there are more than twenty background characters that they never consult.

Speaking of ; Dr Arzt, the poster-boy for this sentiment, may get the last laugh. He and Nikki were excluded and thus (perhaps immaturely) didn't tell anyone about the existence of Medusa spiders.

- The Others. I haven't seen 3.15 yet, but this episode cast even more light on Ben's style. Last week, we learnt how his 'good guy' persona and promise-keeping is vital to keeping the underlings in check. This week, we discover that Ben went to a lot of effort to lure Jack out, even putting his own life in Rousseau's hands. He clearly did this as a secret operation, hidden from his superiors (only a few days after planning with Juliet, Tom drew his 'line') as in the past he would have simply nabbed the people he needed. Also, Juliet is the one he trusts with this secret operation.

Also importantly, we have doubt cast on Tom's loyalty : so far, he's been the only Other besides Juliet to attempt small talk with Jack and he also reminded Jack he was been watched in 3.13. This week, we discover he has a reputation amongst the Others for been forgetful/careless (Ben assumes Tom left the Pearl door open) and one must assume it was his radio left behind as neither Ben nor Juliet were seen putting one down.

Does Tom actually have sympathies towards our guys and is subtly helping them ? Or is he a weak link to be exploited ?

- The 815rs now have an Others radio. This will come in handy doubtless.

- There is a threat on the island from the Medusa spiders that the 815rs are unaware of.

Comment

Okay,there are several things I hated in this episode. Firt they brought back the most crappiest person everr.Leslie Arzt. Then they got killed.And I swear it was the Monster that bit Nikki.Why did the Monster to the Medusa Spider form.I The Cost Of Living it killed Eko in the smoke form.I could have done the same thing to Nikki.

Sorry about the word mistakes.I was angry.

The Pilot,Eko and now Nikki.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 December 2009, 12:33 PM.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The ending to this episode is brilliant on many levels.

Those who hated Nikki and Paulo might have said things like, "I wish they die horrible, lingering deaths!" Well, they got it. Do they feel guilty? Do they laugh maniacally?

But no matter what you thought of those two, their fate was simply twisted.
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                X