• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expose (314)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    EXPOSE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 314

When Nikki stumbles out of the jungle and dies mysteriously, Hurley and Sawyer head an investigation into her demise -- leading them to Paulo's body as well.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:02 PM.

most of this eps i was sitting there going HUH????

it seems to be a cheap way to revise history to bring two new characters into it

then comes the twist.

41 minutes of yawns and 'whatever' for the final couple minutes that are truly nightmare inspiring.

a unique way to bring red shirts into the mix, and a spooky story...but, you know, had it been a familiar and known character(s) it happened to, it would have been an unforgettable episode
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Holy crap, what an ending. Buried alive while being paralyzed. I guess Hurley and Sawyer are officially murders now.

I really got to rent the Season 1 DVD (The only episode of Season 1 I've seen, is the Pilot).
      sigpic

Comment

The only thing I don't buy is that after 8 hours it should have been obvious they weren't actually dead to anyone paying attention, but the story still works. I like that they're not keeping the two of them around as their injection into the show always seemed unnatural.

Also I went back to the pilot during commercial breaks and went through it and couldn't find either character there, which makes sense since their hiring was announced before the season began, so they hadn't been cast at that point. That being said, that was some damn fine bluescreen work to make them look like they'd been there.
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I would hate to die that way... i mean, come on, buried alive while paralyzed... her eyes openned, i hoped Sawyer and Hurley saw that, and sadi "Woah, dude, she's still alive..." Somehow, i think there will be some miracle where they unbury themselves... or Jack comes back to inspect the bodies or something, who knows.
          Maybe they just wanted to show, that as much as a character (like Sawyer) can change, they still don't trust them. I think they also wanted to show Charlie still showing regret about "kidnapping" Sun, as well as Sun's revenge at Sawyer for it...
          I think they also wanted to show more of the Others' planning... Paulo saw Juliette and Ben talking about "Do you think Jack will do the surgery?" and stuff... Paulo could have warned everyone, but no, he didn't. He also had a walkie-talkie, where he could listen in on the Others, and tell everyone what they were plotting... Think about how the story would be different if this stuff had fallen into Jack or Locke's hands!

Comment

What a crap episode.

So they introduced a couple new characters this season, then killed them off. Okay.

On one hand it was a clip show, recapping some of the events that took place so far. Mostly, it was just a filler episode to extend the show.

It added NOTHING to the over-all plot of the series and it did not further any of the storylines going on. It was a self-contained story, and a boring one at that. OOOOHH, they got buried alive! Oh no! Wait... who were they again? YAWN.

Adding all that stuff about the pearl station, finding the plane where boone died, etc.. Just cheap tricks to fold them into the story, which in the end was pointless since they were killed off, and nothing they showed us provided any more insight into the story. It was all stuff we knew about already.
            Last edited by upinout; 28 March 2007, 07:25 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple errors.

Comment

Yeah it was BAD!

They just introduce charaters to kill them, that's bad writing.

And then next week we have a wet t-shirt ***** fight! Fun!!!!

Comment

What's wrong with self contained stories?

Good episode. Nice twist in that they were buried alive. We wondered who they were, now we know.

How did Paulo get the walkie-talkie though?

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                  What's wrong with self contained stories?

Good episode. Nice twist in that they were buried alive. We wondered who they were, now we know.

How did Paulo get the walkie-talkie though?
                  You must of missed that part of the episode. When Paulo first went to the Pearl Station by himself to hide the diamonds. After he overheard Juliette and Ben talking and the two of them left the station, Paulo came out of the bathroom and found the walkie-talkie on a table, left there by Ben and Juliette.

The problem with stand-alone episodes is that it goes against the whole concept and story-telling style of Lost. It's a serielized show. Each episode is supposed to build on the one before it, adding little pieces to the ever-growing-convoluted story. All this episode did was plug two characters into the already established mythology of the show, only to kill them off at the end. What a waste. No plot developement in any way, shape or form.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  a unique way to bring red shirts into the mix, and a spooky story...but, you know, had it been a familiar and known character(s) it happened to, it would have been an unforgettable episode
                  Exactly. It would have had much more impact had it been Sawyer (Lord knows I wouldn't shed a tear to see his sorry *ss leave the show). He has been established as a con man, so he could have easily been the one to steal the diamonds. And he's already been established as the untrustworthy type and could have stumbled upon some of the secrets before the others and not said anything about it. That would have had a lot more impact on the show than some random charcaters that were thrown into the mix in the 3rd season.

I only hope that the events of this episode have some serious impact on future events, or else this was truly a wasted week.
                  Last edited by upinout; 28 March 2007, 10:13 PM. Reason: added a little more to the post

Comment

Four good/great episodes in a row.

TPTB have already said that the Nikki/Paulo haters (i.e. basically almost all Lost fans) would regret disliking/hating them. I am really sorry for the two of them. But a great way (storywise) to die. I wouldn't have expected that. Then again, I am usually not the fastest when it comes to solving Lost mysteries.

I liked to see more about the recent story about The Pearl (although I don't know how Paulo could escape after Ben+Juliette had been there). I liked the toilet story (and I had thought Paulo had gastric problems *tsk*). I liked seeing Dr. Arzt back (though I expected to see more of the other now dead characters like Boone.) A couple of more things like Vincent pulling the blanket away, Charlie admitting to have kidnapped Sun (and Sawyer being slapped for it ), those gross bodies under water,... This list could go on.

Originally posted by g8torgurl View Post
                    Somehow, i think there will be some miracle where they unbury themselves... or Jack comes back to inspect the bodies or something, who knows.
                    "Nothing stays buried forever on this island."
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

What a great episode. That was the funnies lost episode ever.

The flasback with the filmshoot. They are making fun of themselves
                      i like that.

It was also great to revisit the whole time on the island.

9/10

Comment

Well, I liked it. Thought it was nice how they worked Arnzt (Arzt?) back into the show, albeit briefly. The whole bit with the plane and the Pearl station was a bit overdone if you ask me, though. Oooh, Paolo has more common sense than Locke! Yeah, we knew that already. Vincent the dog has more common sense than Locke!

It's also nice to know that the tradition of filming crappy action shows in Australia is still very much alive and well.

In addition: I was right! Ben LET himself get captured! It was all part of his clever plot! ::happy dance::
                        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                        What have these years left to me?
                        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I thought it was a clever way to slip in a clip show, and get rid of two characters no one liked. The writers certainly poked at people afraid of spiders (raises hand), and claustrophobics!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I think that this is the worst episode in the history of Lost. I loved the ending but didn't care at all for the rest of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
                              In addition: I was right! Ben LET himself get captured! It was all part of his clever plot! ::happy dance::
                              I'm pretty sure that had already been established in an earlier episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X