0.07% (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    On the topic of Peter's hair, he seemed a lot older with that slicked back look he had after being resurrected from the dead. Maybe it was just me, but he also seemed a bit darker (in terms of his character, not his coloring ). But I guess death will do that to you.

-Stef
    What happened to Peter made me worry more about Nathan. It seems Peter is his walking conscience and if anything happens to him Nathan will definitely shift to the dark side.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

And Nathan's mom seems to be pulling him to the dark side in a,
      'Come the dark side... We have cookies' kind of way.
      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

There are a few things about this episode that annoy me -
        Spoiler:
        I was hoping that Lindermann was just a man, not a hero (it seems like everyone is turning out to be one and I liked the idea that he was just a very powerful human), and I'm also confused by the fact that he runs the company - when he was talking about how he originally worked with others who "lost their way" I assumed that he meant hiro's father and that they set up the company, not Lindermann. I also *reall* don't get why Suresh didn't kill Silar when he was unconscious - c'mon man!

Still, it was a good ep, and next week's looks amazing!
        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Any takers for a bet on Nathan and Peter's Mum (has she got a name?) being part of Linderman's old Group of Heroes?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            Any takers for a bet on Nathan and Peter's Mum (has she got a name?) being part of Linderman's old Group of Heroes?

Hahah I've just been calling her "Mama Petrelli".

Man. AMAZING episode. So sad to see Isaac go though. (someone let me know if I need to use spoiler tags) I wonder if Sylar knows just who he was drawing? Or what kind of advantage having that power is going to give him. Eep.

Additionally, Ted gets more like the Geico caveman every week.

I'm mostly just rambling. IS IT MONDAY YET?
            McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              So did Sylar shave between Mohinder's apartment and Isaac's?
              Haha, he probably used telepathy to shave himself with the glass shards he used to kill Peter. I wouldn't put it past him.

I loved the fight between Peter and Sylar, short as it was. It was like the perfect comic book "one-upper" on powers. Like "Oh, you can turn invisible? Well I can throw shards of glass WITH MY MIND."

But, why in the middle of a fight did Peter have his back turned to Sylar? That just doesn't make sense, invisible or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                Oh, they practically said it!

Let's see... great episode. Love Linderman tho it's a shame they went that route - I was hoping he works against the company, not controlling them. Having Nakaura Sr. controlling them was much more fun.

Meh, Isaac. Somewhere deep in my head I hoped it wasn't him that gets killed... but I guess once they killed Simone they cut off all hies ties to the show so it was expected. I wonder tho how he told them hopw to kill Sylar - prolly in the "Hiro in the future" 9th Wonders edition! Ha!

Aw, Petrelli family re-united and telling everything. That was sweet. Peter barely had a scar, tho, c'mon. What an unproper scar. And it appears cutting his hair didn't change his emo behaviour, sigh.

Mohinder survived! Hooray.

Oooh, Ted, Matt and HRG working together. Who'd've thought....

And oh yeah, one of their better cliffhangers, that was. Two Hiros, my dream. All of Heroes should be about Hiro. The both of them.

Yay!
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Red Tigress View Post
                  But, why in the middle of a fight did Peter have his back turned to Sylar? That just doesn't make sense, invisible or not.
                  Da, so he could get hit with the glass.
                  Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Tigress View Post
                    Haha, he probably used telepathy to shave himself with the glass shards he used to kill Peter. I wouldn't put it past him.

I loved the fight between Peter and Sylar, short as it was. It was like the perfect comic book "one-upper" on powers. Like "Oh, you can turn invisible? Well I can throw shards of glass WITH MY MIND."

I was thinking the same thing! I was like, if you are trying to fight a super-villain and you're INVISIBLE, why would your back be turned to him?

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                    Da, so he could get hit with the glass.
                    Ha! I understand the logic of it going into the back of his head (aside from being less graphic). If it had been in his face, I'd think someone would have yanked it out themselves, thus bringing him back to life. You needed to have it in the back so that only Claire would be able to figure it out, because the same thing happened to her.

Still.....

I really liked the Petrelli reunion. But now I'm wondering who's going to be a bigger baddie, Peter or Nathan. That extended promo online didn't exactly make either look very heroic.
                    Spoiler:
                    But was that Peter going through the wall/door in the promo? Because that might mean that he meets up with DL at some point and absorbs his powers. I mean, it would make sense if he hooks up with Nikki/Jessica in the future.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                      What happened to Peter made me worry more about Nathan. It seems Peter is his walking conscience and if anything happens to him Nathan will definitely shift to the dark side.
                      Call me cynical but it seemed to me that Nathan's 'grief' was as much about his brother being dead as it was about that fact that without Peter there wouldn't be a 'big boom'.

Without that 07%' death rate there would be no excuse for Nathan to 'ralley' the nation & get elected to the White House.

Despite seeming to care for his family Nathan has put his ambitions ahead of their wellbeing before, remember when he told the press that Peter had attempted suicide (right after the first time Peter ever tried to fly).
                      Last edited by ranlynn; 24 April 2007, 02:09 PM.

"It matters little how we die,
                      so long as we die better men
                      than we imagined we could be -
                      and no worse than we feared."

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

I really liked the Petrelli reunion. But now I'm wondering who's going to be a bigger baddie, Peter or Nathan. That extended promo online didn't exactly make either look very heroic.
                        Spoiler:
                        But was that Peter going through the wall/door in the promo? Because that might mean that he meets up with DL at some point and absorbs his powers. I mean, it would make sense if he hooks up with Nikki/Jessica in the future.

-Stef
                        Wow, I hadn't noticed that in the promo. Good eye! Personally, I want Nathan to be the bigger baddie, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Peter. However, I think at the very least Claire will hold him down to reality, so unless she dies, I don't think he'll too ballistic. But we'll see, I guess.

Comment

This show never ceases to surprise me... the way it twists and turns... the directions it takes. It's wonderful. And the marvellous thing (for me at least) is that the happenings are probable and seldom contrived. It's certainly one of the better thought through serialized tv shows at the moment.

Mohinder is alive... thank God! I didn't want him to die. In a way I shouldn't have worried because he is the only genuine scientist of the lot and they can't possibly kill him. But with this show, one never knows. Poor Mohinder, he keeps getting played. I'm surprisingly a little sad about Isaac. Although not one of my favourites, the way he resigned himself to his fate was one of the touching moments in this episode. At least we were prepared for his eventuality.

That Candice... it turning out to be a chameleonic menace... Candice the Menace does have a nice ring to it. So she and all the others from Primatech work for the Linderman conspiracy. Eric Roberts is suitably creepy... I hated his Master in the Dr Who movie but here one sees that he has really matured as a villain. That knowing smile as he tells Mohinder that "we should work together" send chills up and down my spine.

Malcolm McDowell is a class act as always. The charisma that he exudes when Linderman pontificates about "saving the world" reminds me of why he's such an amazing performer. He's not over the top or hamming it up... just earnestly dedicated to his cause and McDowell makes that convincing.

I suppose it's no great surprise by now that there was an original first generation conspiracy which later splintered. Mama Petrelli and I assume, her husband as well, were part of it. I'm dying to know what her "ability" is though. I did wonder on a couple of occasions if she was going to reveal all.

I have always been a great fan of the Peter/Nathan relationship and this episode reminded me why. It's interesting that people assume that Nathan is the one most likely to succeed in life and yet Peter is really the one that has the guts and determination. I am really glad that somebody noticed that piece of glass... took them long enough...

This show really knows how to do cliffhangers... I burst out laughing when Hiro met Hiro... But I shouldn't be too surprised when some of the showrunners are graphic novelists.

It's so good to have this show back... I have really missed it. At least we had Doctor Who to tie me over...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

What I don't get is how Mohinder went from being pinned to the ceiling with blood dripping out his mouth to walking around perfectly fine

Comment

Just a few things: one, I was really disappointed in the fact that they made Linderman a 'big wig' in the company (I'm doubtful that he actually runs things, seems like it's more of a partnership). I wasn't hoping he'd help with the company's downfall or anything, he's a baddie that's for sure, but I was hoping that he would be separate from that; it just seemed like to easy of a road to go down to me.....
                              two, I'm really interested in Mama Petrelli's backstory. Like everyone else, I really want to know what her power is, but I also want to know what her part in the 'older' generation's adventures was. She seems to know a lot about what is going on.
                              and third, is anyone else curious about why the tracking system is in New York? I've got an inckling that it has something to do with the Deveaux building....
                              And I really enjoyed Isaac's last words, I never liked the guy, but those words made me respect him.
                              Last edited by QueenKale; 24 April 2007, 07:42 PM.

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
                              "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
                              The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
                              "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
                              Only I will remain."

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                                What I don't get is how Mohinder went from being pinned to the ceiling with blood dripping out his mouth to walking around perfectly fine
                                Well, I wondered about that too. I thought I missed something... Wasn't he just about crucified? Yeah, he looked pretty good for a man who was bleeding in four places.
                                I didn't think Peter had the healing touch... unless he met Linderman somewhere and didn't know it.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X