No announcement yet.

Daniel's Hair...Unending spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been of the opinion that the actress playing Cassie in "1969" blew her line, and that it should have been Teal'c, not Daniel, who she didn't recognize with hair. In season 2, they didn't know he'd Teal'c would have hair in 6 years; in "Holiday," when Jack and Teal'c switch bodies, Teal'c says that if he's to remain in Jack's body, then he must shave his head. So at that point in the show, Teal'c was bald and they thought he'd remain so throughout the show.

Anyway, long story short, I suspect the actress dropped the line and the folks behind the scenes decided it wasn't worth re-shooting. Daniel isn't bald because it was never intended that he be.

Comment

The secret is out : Daniel wears a hairpiece !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by acce View Post
        Hi guys,

I've watched Unending (Last episode of Sg1) and i've noticed that Daniel wasn't bald...(for a 75-90 Year Old guy) But if you remember, (At least if I'm right about it) When SG1 Met Cassy in the future (EP: 1969), she said she had trouble recognising him because he had hair!
        In Unending he had hair... Is it a mistake or An Alternate version of Daniel who haa stronger hair!!!??
        actually it was teal'c she had trouble recognising not daniel
        teal'c wore a wig in the episode 1969 to cover his tattoo

Comment

Maybe Daniel shaves his head in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif Blade View Post
            Yeah I remember her saying that to Tealc. I think the writers have kept 1969 in mind, since Cassie uses an asgard hand device to open the wormhole on the stargate. Keep in mind the only ones to have used this hand device was Thor.

That's one of the reasons why I thought unending was great, because it finally explains why Earth would have asgard technology 50 years from the 1969 episode.

You're absolutely right. If you watch 1969 closely, it seems quite clear to me that Cassie is delivering that line while looking directly at Teal'c.

Quite possibly she got the greetings in the wrong order, or just didn't deliver the line with enough of a separation between her greetin of Daniel and her line to Teal'c, but it's quite obvious to me that Teal'c is the one she is talking to at that moment.

Comment

I totally agree Magnolia, although I wouldn't say it was that obvious. The first couple of times I saw 1969 I thought she was talking to Daniel. It was only when I paid attention while watching that scene that I realised it was far more likely she was talking to Tealc. And she doesn't say anything about the hair being gone, or being there, just about the hair. It is ambiguous. Looking at the scene in 1969 I take it as Cassie being surprised at seeing Tealc without hair because he'd had hair for such a long time.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
                have fun with that
                Gah, Davis is acting just like Danny. won't give it to me.

Comment

I was 100% sure cassie was refering to Teal'c.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

. . . . . . Nah.

Replicated Rogaine.

Comment

Working...
                    X