Kinky Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinky Boots

A film with Chiwetel Ejiofor. This film is on Sky Movies at the moment in the UK, and they've classed it as an 12 age certificate. I watched it last night, and though it was funny. For those who havent seen it, its a comedy, where Chiwetel is a man dressing in women's clothes, by chance he meets an owner of a failing men's show production company, so he goes to work for them designing heeled shoes for men. Theres a bit more to the story than that, but thats the basic. So, I just wondered if anyone else had seen it or something.

sig by starlover1990

lol yeah I've heard of it...Nick Frost is also in it.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Great movie. Definitely one to recommend. I saw it a while ago and absolutely loved it. What's neat about this movie too is it's actually based on an actual shoe company that did the same thing. Actually, I didn't realize the connection to Serenity until not too long ago.
      Last edited by cshawzye; 16 March 2007, 08:43 AM.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I recently watched this movie. I thought it was great. The music was fabulous. I wonder if there is a soundtrack available. I didn't realize the connection until I came across this thread.
        sigpic
        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
          Great movie. Definitely one to recommend. I saw it a while ago and absolutely loved it. What's neat about this movie too is it's actually based on an actual shoe company that did the same thing. Actually, I didn't realize the connection to Serenity until not too long ago.
          I had realised that it was based on a shoe company until the end. My parents watched it with me and we all thought the film was really good. His character in this is really different to his character in serenity and i think he acted both great.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
            I had realised that it was based on a shoe company until the end. My parents watched it with me and we all thought the film was really good. His character in this is really different to his character in serenity and i think he acted both great.
            Definitely. Lola, is nothing like the character in Serenity. But yeah, he does a great job in both parts. Kinky Boots quickly became one of my favorite movies. Although, people do look at you very strangely when you say "Yeah you should check out a movie called Kinky Boots" or "Have you seen the film Kinky Boots?"

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

And Nathan Fillion is in the game Jade Empire, a game where everyone speaks English, but sometimes revert to a tongue similar to Chinese (much like the Chinese spoken in the tv show), and people fly around in aircrafts named after insects (dragonfly, for example).

LOL

Comment

Working...
              X